• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency Musings

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks as always for the input troll.

I stopped drooling over Howie a couple years back. Listening to the radio last night and reading some of the commentary you would think that Howie just turned them into Super Bowl contenders when in reality he just signed two has been guys to .5m signing bonuses and paid a third player top salary on a one year deal who has missed 11 games over the last two years.

Sorry for not drinking the koolaid but this is just more of the same....mediocre talent or overpaying with cap room they dont have for inflated price talent.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Ertz is soft. Hopefully he toughened up but we still need Celek to do the real TE stuff.

Strong draft class for TEs, would like to see them add a mid-round option to pair with Ertz or whomever after Celek is gone. Someone like George Kittle or Jake Butt in the 4th, both good 2-way players.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped drooling over Howie a couple years back. Listening to the radio last night and reading some of the commentary you would think that Howie just turned them into Super Bowl contenders when in reality he just signed two has been guys to .5m signing bonuses and paid a third player top salary on a one year deal who has missed 11 games over the last two years.

Sorry for not drinking the koolaid but this is just more of the same....mediocre talent or overpaying with cap room they dont have for inflated price talent.

Smith is a guy who can stretch a defense. He has had success in his career so defense will have to repeat that. Alshon was one of the Top FA WR available. He has question marks but that is why we got the 1 year deal. If he has a great year we try to sign him or use the tag. If not, it was worth shot. Both of these guys are solid players.

It's funny. You guys sign Hoyer and you are criticizing our picks? lmao :D :D

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's alright troll. You do what trolls always do. Troll. I don't expect better from you anyway.

I don't think anyone here for a second believes we are Super Bowl contenders after these moves. But you know it's OK to get a little excited once in a while if your team signs some players, whether you agree wholeheartedly with the moves or not.

Say Hi to Jed York for me.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we should recap Howie's free agents and trades over the last couple.of years.
Traded away Demarco Murray who is.doing great
Traded away byron maxwell and kiko alonso to miami where they are both doing well.
Signed Chase Daniel to a huge contract
Signed Chris Givens
Signed Ruben Randle
Signed Stefan Wisniewski
Traded.for Dorial Green Beckham
Signed Brandon Brooks
Signed Rodney Mcleod
Signed stephen Tulloch
Traded Eric Rowe
Signed Ron Brooks
Signed Chris Givens
Signed Nigel Bradham
Traded Sam Bradford

Traded away 4 good starters overall and signed three good ones...and spent by far the most money in the league doing this.

One moment of incredible dumb luck trading Bradford.

Its a spotty record at best.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we should recap Howie's free agents and trades over the last couple.of years.
Traded away byron maxwell and kiko alonso to miami where they are both doing well.
Signed Chris Givens
Signed Ruben Randle
Signed Stefan Wisniewski
Signed Brandon Brooks
Signed Rodney Mcleod
Signed stephen Tulloch
Traded Eric Rowe
Signed Ron Brooks
Signed Chris Givens
Signed Nigel Bradham
Traded Sam Bradford

Traded away 4 good starters overall and signed three good ones...and spent by far the most money in the league doing this.

With this list you must be stoked about Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley then.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong draft class for TEs, would like to see them add a mid-round option to pair with Ertz or whomever after Celek is gone. Someone like George Kittle or Jake Butt in the 4th, both good 2-way players.

I agree we should take advantage of this TE draft class and grab a mid-round guy. And carry four. They take a few years to develop anyway.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have plenty of cap room. Which Howie just proved, and most of us told you during the season. You continue to not have a clue about what you are talking about. Hard data, soft info, you ignore it all. Go back to the drawing board and start over.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Chris Givens
Signed Ruben Randle
Signed Stefan Wisniewski
Signed Brandon Brooks
Signed Rodney Mcleod
Signed stephen Tulloch
Traded Eric Rowe
Signed Ron Brooks
Signed Chris Givens
Signed Nigel Bradham
Traded Sam Bradford

You're wrong. And thanks for not providing your commentary on most of them. Didn't need it for the first three either.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we should recap "Premium" leaving the nest and saying he was a 49ers fan. Why DPD do you continue to come back here? Shouldn't you root for Chip's new team? Oh wait...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we should recap "Premium" leaving the nest and saying he was a 49ers fan. Why DPD do you continue to come back here? Shouldn't you root for Chip's new team? Oh wait...

I thought he was supposed to be banned? :scratch:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Chris Givens
Signed Ruben Randle
Signed Stefan Wisniewski
Signed Brandon Brooks
Signed Rodney Mcleod
Signed stephen Tulloch
Traded Eric Rowe
Signed Ron Brooks
Signed Chris Givens
Signed Nigel Bradham
Traded Sam Bradford

I swear you have to be the dumbest ape in captivity. Did you catch Howie fucking your wife or something? Your boy Chip Kelly fucked the Eagles up. Howie did a fantastic job getting rid of Chips guys and contracts that went with them. No one here said that Demarco was not a good player but his contract was bad because Chip had to have him but did not know how to use him. When it comes to Maxwell and Alonso you are just making shit up. You don't have a clue about how well they are doing. You are looking up stats and then making up some bullshit opinion.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Chris Givens
Signed Ruben Randle
Signed Stefan Wisniewski
Signed Brandon Brooks
Signed Rodney Mcleod
Signed stephen Tulloch
Traded Eric Rowe
Signed Ron Brooks
Signed Chris Givens
Signed Nigel Bradham
Traded Sam Bradford

Wow, this is stupid.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I think it is fair to say many of Howie's free agent signings, and extensions, have not worked out.

But compared to Chip Kelly he is freaking Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson and Ozzie Newsome rolled into one, when it comes to personnel moves.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I think it is fair to say many of Howie's free agent signings, and extensions, have not worked out.

But compared to Chip Kelly he is freaking Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson and Ozzie Newsome rolled into one, when it comes to personnel moves.

I am still not completely sold on Howie. I still do not think he should be making personnel decision and based on what the team has done I am not sure he is the final authority. I am willing to bet that he is required to take into account what the scouts say and he probably cannot overule them without providing a good case to do so.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie bet on extending a bunch of guys recently and those bets largely didn't pan out well. We are paying Ertz and Celek too much money, for example. Vinny Curry is way overpaid for his production, and Fletcher Cox is also looking like he makes way too much for his actual impact.

I think we should move Cox to DE now that we are running a 4-3. He is not a DT in my view despite his size. We actually need two real DTs on the team, another draft or free agency need. Bennie Logan is probably going somewhere else in my view.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for the Eagles on signing Smith and Womack. They both only got .5m signing bonuses so clearly no market for them but also no commitment. They can compete to make the team and clearly have upside.

The Jeffery thing seems strange to me. First you have to assume this was the best offer so any sort of multi year deal out there was probably for not much more guarantee and a lot less annual average. Makes you wonder why Chicago didnt want to keep him. Risk of ped suspension or injury i suspect.

So the Eagles give him 14m for one year. Top annual salary in tbe league. If he doesnt pan out its a waste of 14m. If it does they now need to compete with 31 other teams ....all of which have more money....to keep him. This one reminds me of the Maclin one year deal. Good in the short term but gone the next year.

That may be more of a bandaid signing than team building. Reeks of desperation from Howie to justify his over paying for Wentz and his acquisition of a mediocre Head Coach. He desperately needs those moves to pan out and Jeffery gives that a better chance of happening.

I like the Giants signing of Brandon Marshall much more. More dependable and a 2 year deal at 6m per.

Dont get me wrong i appreciate the Eagles spending money and trying to win but they did just overpay for an unreliable player....and no ability to lock him in at a fair price if he does well. Good player. Bad contract.

Please stay away.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie bet on extending a bunch of guys recently and those bets largely didn't pan out well. We are paying Ertz and Celek too much money, for example. Vinny Curry is way overpaid for his production, and Fletcher Cox is also looking like he makes way too much for his actual impact.

I think we should move Cox to DE now that we are running a 4-3. He is not a DT in my view despite his size. We actually need two real DTs on the team, another draft or free agency need. Bennie Logan is probably going somewhere else in my view.

No, we need Fletcher right where he is. We just need another dominant DT, if Logan leaves. And, don't assume that Logan is gone. He is still out there, and if he leaves, they will draft another DT in the mid rounds.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like big 4-3 DLs like we had in the heyday of Buddy Ryan, with Reggie White, Mike Pitts, Jerome Brown and Clyde Simmons. Now that was a line.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some news that made me smile. Our new receivers should have two games a year matched up against the Nolan Carroll, with the Nolan Carroll having a blue star on his helmet. Start salivating now, Carson.

You should be able to top last years PI yards total in just those two games. Lol