• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Freddy Canteen and Brandon Watson are blue!!!

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have more faith in a 3 star kid the coaches had at their camp and know than a
4 star kid that got his ranking from having a good camp

While I think there is value to having an outsider's informed opinion, a coach knows what his system needs, and I also tend to have a good feeling about kids who pass the coach's eye-ball test, as well.

Besides, isn't that part of what the camps are about, uncovering those hidden diamonds no one realizes are there, yet?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Mike Hart....Not a huge fan in retrospect.

In retrospect, I'm not a big fan of Jim Beam

It's like Southern Comfort really liked when I first saw it. Not so much going forward!

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was Mike Hart or Jake Ryan?

Why does every Michigan fan bring up the Mike Hart argument when discussing this topic? If this were a valid point, Western Michigan would be dominating the landscape. In this day and age, scouting has gotten very good, especially with the kids that have attended the various camps. Is it perfect? Of course not.

Statistics prove that 5-stars > 4-stars > 3-stars. Unless you consider mathematics pseudo-science, this is not even worth debating.

First of all their is more 3 stars players that were great or even good college players then Mike Hart and Jake Ryan. But, I just showed you that the 3 star or any star system is flawed in some way. I never said Hart or Ryan where great but they was good COLLEGE PLAYERS!
You can say Hart wasn't great or even good because of the o line but didn't you watched the snaps where he wasn't playing? And if he was a little faster he would of been the greatest rb in Michigan history.
And if the people who does the eval's of the players was so great, Why don't they coach? Because if they was then every other coaches should quit because they wouldn't have a chance.

Here is an article for you to read:
Overrated and underrated recruits from the past 10 years - CBSSports.com