• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fran McCaffery's son to have surgery same day they play Tennessee.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's to remove a thyroid tumor just hours before their first NCAA Tournament game. Fran hopes he can make it for the game.

I know not everyone is the fan of Fran, but I also realize that Fran is very respected by all. In 4 years, he has turned an Iowa program who couldn't give away tickets for free to a March Madness qualifier. I am going to keep my prediction of Sweet 16, because whoever wins that game I think will make it to Sweet 16. I am not as optimistic for Iowa though. I'm still going to homer pick it though.

Iowa Hawkeyes coach Fran McCaffery's son to have surgery hours before game - ESPN

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Sunday night on the local TV station. I sure hope the surgery goes fine and his son is well!!! If I remember right, the team and fans, wore T-shirts for their 1st round game against Northwestern.

Be strong Little Fran!! My thoughts and prayers are with the entire McCaffrey family!!

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While no surgery, especially ones dealing with cancer, are to be taken lightly, I understand this is a fairly common procedure and one that he could expect a full recovery from. George Karl's son had the same surgery and he went on to play in the NBA and overseas.

I haven't heard a single negative comment here or elsewhere about Fran or his coaching abilities. I'm surprised to hear you say that. I think most of us are down on the players more than the coach lately, but I'm just guessing.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still a huge fan of Fran, the issues with the tailspin are not his fault, he is not on the court giving less than 100%. He can only put guys in, but he has to do his best and his brain is more with Patrick at times, forgivable for sure. There is an issue in the locker room there which is between the players for some reason, down on the team...yeah...cause they are not playing to potential. Down on Fran...hahaha, anyone who went through the Lick years can never be down on Fran.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By now most of us should know PMac's tumor is cancerous, and unfortunately while Patrick's case is widely spread on the media, there are a lot of kids who go through this day in day out...I wish they would sell PMac shirts with proceeds going to all kids at the hospital that need some extra funds to pay those bills

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible news. What an awful thing to watch your child go thru. God bless the Macs and every other family dealing with cancer.