• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fox Sports: Notre Dame Football should join the ACC by 2018

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FS1′s Tim Brando: Notre Dame Will Eventually Join ACC Football, Is Key To Conference Launching Network

"This week, there has been a lot of noise made about the future of a possible ACC Network, which has been long discussed as a possibility for the league with ESPN. In a column on Campus Rush, Sports Illustrated‘s Pete Thamel called the network “imminent.” FOX Sports 1′s Tim Brando, who also calls ACC basketball games for Raycom Sports, doesn’t quite believe that we’ll see an ACC Network all that soon, but he does think it is coming, and the lynchpin to a launch is Notre Dame joining as a full conference member. That, he believes, will happen." (Via Fox Sports; College Spun)

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When's our NBC contract up? This might be a negotiation ploy.

I think messing with ND's independence will drive off a lot of alums.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When's our NBC contract up? This might be a negotiation ploy.

I think messing with ND's independence will drive off a lot of alums.
The Contract goes through 2025

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be inevitable, but as long as we can not join a conference, the better. Our rivalry games would suffer and probably have to go on a rotation basis, and ND is loathe to break the yearly match with Navy... as they should be.

If it happens it does... however the caveat here would be that other sports' programs will have led to ND joining the ACC, when if it was the football program deciding, the B10 would likely be their most natural conference with longtime ties to Purdue, UM, MSU. The ACC feels out of place for ND. Nowhere near the coast, and outside of basketball few longtime ties to any program.

We'll see.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that ND will not join a conference until it becomes apparent that not being in a conference means we will never make a playoff. As to which conference, I think the ACC makes the most sense for a couple of reasons. 1. We can maintain our position of being a national school. Maintaining a recruiting base in Florida, Georgia and keeping our obvious presence in the Midwest, as well as our rivalry games in California. And 2. I don't like the effect that joining the Big Ten has had on recent additions. Penn State and Nebraska were major names in college football. Since they joined the big ten, the have essentially become also rans. A clear step below Michigan and Ohio State. I do not believe that ND would fall into that category, but face it, the big Ten is OSU, Mich and the rest.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only way ND joins a conference if the NCAA committee says ND can't be in the playoffs because they aren't in a conference. That is the only way. These writers need to stop with the BS.

There is no reason for ND to join a conference.