• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Fournette or Cook? Who would you take in a Fantasy Dynasty?

Fournette or Cook

• Fournette

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Cook

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out Corey Davis as an option :D

But to answer your question I prefer Cook. Better lateral agility and better receiver. Fournettes a freak though and could end up being a monster. I just think hes also a little more likely to bust (though either could).

Now heres my hot take (might not be that hot idk) - theyre both better prospects with more upside than Zeke. Zeke was all around very solid but was less spectacular than either of these guys IMO (and less spectacular than Barkley and Guice but thats a discussion for next year I guess).
what about cools shoulders or of the field concerns

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about cools shoulders or of the field concerns

Off the field concerns I dont know much about. May drop him down teams draft boards but if theyre both first round picks I dont really think itll be a concern.

As for his shoulder it doesnt bother me. I think injuries are more a function of bad luck than anything else. Fournette has a bad ankle too right now but unless team doctors look at them and say these are going to be long term problems (causing them to plummet on draft day) I dont see any reason to be worried.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fournette is more likely to be overdrafted in real life and land on a bad team. Cook could be more of a late first rounder and is therefor more likely to land in a good offense. If that team also lacks a clear starting RB, Cook could have more opportunity to succeed.

But yeah, it depends on where they land. Both are good players. Fournette is probably more likely to be a disappointment based on his landing spot.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fournette is more likely to be overdrafted in real life and land on a bad team. Cook could be more of a late first rounder and is therefor more likely to land in a good offense. If that team also lacks a clear starting RB, Cook could have more opportunity to succeed.

But yeah, it depends on where they land. Both are good players. Fournette is probably more likely to be a disappointment based on his landing spot.

The ideal landing spots for these two would be a Fournette to the Panthers and Cook to the Eagles IMO. If that were to happen, they both would be worth a bunch.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ideal landing spots for these two would be a Fournette to the Panthers and Cook to the Eagles IMO. If that were to happen, they both would be worth a bunch.

I like Cook to the Colts or Redskins the most I think.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is an interesting debate. I have the 2nd pick in shady's Dynasty league so I will take whoever is left. I am kind of hoping Fornette is still there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is an interesting debate. I have the 2nd pick in shady's Dynasty league so I will take whoever is left. I am kind of hoping Fornette is still there.
Mmmm that' interesting because I got 1.1 in that league and 1.2 in D2. Personally I'm not as impressed as the hype for these two RBs, not to say I think they'll be busts mind you, think they will be good not elite types. As far as running styles Fournette is a J. Hill type, power back and Cook like Gio more of a scat back. Both types can be effective.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm that' interesting because I got 1.1 in that league and 1.2 in D2. Personally I'm not as impressed as the hype for these two RBs, not to say I think they'll be busts mind you, think they will be good not elite types. As far as running styles Fournette is a J. Hill type, power back and Cook like Gio more of a scat back. Both types can be effective.

Curious why you don't think they'll be great. I think they're riskier but more exciting prospects then Zeke.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious why you don't think they'll be great. I think they're riskier but more exciting prospects then Zeke.

Because watching them I don't see them doing anything that makes me go wow. I went back and watched some their big plays, re winded them and really the plays happen because of good execution by the OL. In Cooks case for example the Seminoles like to pull their guard to seal the DE, giving Cook the outside and a clear path with only a LB to try to keep him from turning the corner. I give Cook credit for being fast, but he should win a foot race with someone 40 pounds heavier then him. Seminoles really run this play well, in fact they run it so well that the RB just has to run, he doesn't have to duke anyone, doesn't have to break a tackle, just run.
Now can't say I've watched all their games, not even close to that, but think I've watched enough to get an idea.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because watching them I don't see them doing anything that makes me go wow. I went back and watched some their big plays, re winded them and really the plays happen because of good execution by the OL. In Cooks case for example the Seminoles like to pull their guard to seal the DE, giving Cook the outside and a clear path with only a LB to try to keep him from turning the corner. I give Cook credit for being fast, but he should win a foot race with someone 40 pounds heavier then him. Seminoles really run this play well, in fact they run it so well that the RB just has to run, he doesn't have to duke anyone, doesn't have to break a tackle, just run.
Now can't say I've watched all their games, not even close to that, but think I've watched enough to get an idea.

Interesting. Not saying youre wrong cuz what the hell do i know about scouting but Im surprised. Cooks burst, vision, and subtle change of direction are all very impressive to me. And Fournette has some flaws but hes just a monster physically. Zeke ironically is who I felt was unimpressive and benefited most from an oline opening holes.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see this thread. I was thinking about making a move from 5 to 1 in my rookie draft, but not sure. The guy who owns the 1st pick has no WR what so ever. I was thinking of offering Julio and my 5 for his 1 and player in return. I would then take Fournette or Cooks based on where they land. TE is my worse postilion at this time.

My RB's: AP, Rawls, Miller, Prosise, Langford.
My WR: Evans, Julio, Doctson, Mitchell, Gabrial, Tate, Perrieman
My TE: Warford, Fidor, AS Jenkins...

worth the move, or stay put and grab another RB/WR/TE at 5?

Edit*** Just remembered they got rid of the flex spot and went 3 WR now. RB, RB, WRx3, TEx2...starting to think a move for TE would be better....

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see this thread. I was thinking about making a move from 5 to 1 in my rookie draft, but not sure. The guy who owns the 1st pick has no WR what so ever. I was thinking of offering Julio and my 5 for his 1 and player in return. I would then take Fournette or Cooks based on where they land. TE is my worse postilion at this time.

My RB's: AP, Rawls, Miller, Prosise, Langford.
My WR: Evans, Julio, Doctson, Mitchell, Gabrial, Tate, Perrieman
My TE: Warford, Fidor, AS Jenkins...

worth the move, or stay put and grab another RB/WR/TE at 5?

Edit*** Just remembered they got rid of the flex spot and went 3 WR now. RB, RB, WRx3, TEx2...starting to think a move for TE would be better....

If it's ppr I wouldn't do that unless the player you get back is pretty good too.

Even in non ppr I think julio >>> 1.01

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just watched a half hour of this one, looks like it's 92 minutes of every single pay he was on the field for, he's actually slipped in my book. Maybe if I had time to watch all 92 minutes, it'd be different, I dunno..but what I see is a pretty good college RB who gets every single yard that's blocked, rarely doesn't hit the right hole..and when he gets blocked to the second level, he'll finish runs..but he's awfully stiff on anything other than a one step cut (which hes exceptional at doing), but if he's got to make more than a 30-45 degree change of direction, he's way to slow to transition his gears, and goes down far too easily for a man his size. And is lackluster in pass pro, missing his assignment numerous times.
My comparison is now Rashad Jennings

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette just makes me feel a little uneasy based on injury issues, moreso than Cook. I lean towards Cook but as most have said it likely depends on the the draft situation. I loved Zeke's potential going to the Cowboys with their O-line but wouldn't have been been as crazy about him going somewhere like the NYG or the Vikings

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3