• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former player: Scot McCloughan 'felt the hate' from Redskins president Bruce Allen

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The silence on this topic speaks volumes!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for my official board member comment on this. It wouldnt surprise me. Bruce reminds me of a Kennedy in all the wrong ways. A kid who got his job based on his dads name, feels he is above every one else and a bit untouchable. Capable of letting his ego get in the way of prudent decisions, and wants the world to see him as this easy going nice guy. When really he is quite capable of throwing any one under the bus to save his own ass. And i think the fan cry of in Scot we trust really really bothered the shit out of him from the moment he heard it, because it was basically the fan base telling him Bruce you are the weakest link.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As fans, we don't know the facts behind why SM was dismissed in Washington. But, we do know this is his 3rd time being fired by an NFL team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As fans, we don't know the facts behind why SM was dismissed in Washington. But, we do know this is his 3rd time being fired by an NFL team.

Come on Mitzi, you cant be that much of a homer. The Skins KNEW of his drinking problem and still hired him. Best case, they simply didnt try and make an environment he could thrive in. Worst case (which is more likely) The Skins are using this as an excuse to cover the firing and try to weasel out of paying the man off.

Its kind of like the Patriots getting accused of cheating, they dont get the benefit of the doubt any more. And Washington doesnt either. This went side ways, and Im thinking it had more to do with some one who is still in Ashburn rather than the guy who got fired.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Mitzi, you cant be that much of a homer. The Skins KNEW of his drinking problem and still hired him. Best case, they simply didnt try and make an environment he could thrive in. Worst case (which is more likely) The Skins are using this as an excuse to cover the firing and try to weasel out of paying the man off.

Its kind of like the Patriots getting accused of cheating, they dont get the benefit of the doubt any more. And Washington doesnt either. This went side ways, and Im thinking it had more to do with some one who is still in Ashburn rather than the guy who got fired.

I have no problem being a "homer" my brother, guilty as charged. But, the fact of the matter is SM was fired twice before he landed in DC. I don't know if he was fired for drinking again or not, maybe it was something else.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Redskins GM Scot McCloughan says his dismissal wasn't related to his past drinking problems.

The disclosure comes via friend and former NFLer Michael Robinson, whom McCloughan helped sign in Seattle. Via Robinson, McCloughan termed his firing as a "pride thing" by Redskins president Bruce Allen. The way Robinson tells the story, Allen dressed McCloughan in a post-Combine meeting. "Nobody likes you in this building. Nobody wants you here," was the way McCloughan recounted Allen's comments to Robinson. By all indications, Allen has gone mad with power (again).

Source: Richmond Times-Dispatch
Mar 30 - 6:45 PM

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem being a "homer" my brother, guilty as charged. But, the fact of the matter is SM was fired twice before he landed in DC. I don't know if he was fired for drinking again or not, maybe it was something else.

Come on Mitzi, thats kind of like saying I married a crack head, then filed for divorce because I found out she was still smoking, when she told me up front.. IM still smoking. Smart money says Scot was fired for something other than drinking.

Sorry bro, I just find it hard to believe Bruce did this for the best interest of any one but Bruce.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Redskins GM Scot McCloughan says his dismissal wasn't related to his past drinking problems.

The disclosure comes via friend and former NFLer Michael Robinson, whom McCloughan helped sign in Seattle. Via Robinson, McCloughan termed his firing as a "pride thing" by Redskins president Bruce Allen. The way Robinson tells the story, Allen dressed McCloughan in a post-Combine meeting. "Nobody likes you in this building. Nobody wants you here," was the way McCloughan recounted Allen's comments to Robinson. By all indications, Allen has gone mad with power (again).

Source: Richmond Times-Dispatch
Mar 30 - 6:45 PM

Bruce Allen is a scumbag

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Mitzi, thats kind of like saying I married a crack head, then filed for divorce because I found out she was still smoking, when she told me up front.. IM still smoking. Smart money says Scot was fired for something other than drinking.

Sorry bro, I just find it hard to believe Bruce did this for the best interest of any one but Bruce.

Maybe, but the last pictures of SM walking around Loudon County in Redskins gear look like he was still on the bottle.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
( I posted this in another thread but it works here as well)

I wonder if Scott McCloughan is planning a lawsuit based on wrongful termination. Bruce seems to be a prudent financial guy cap wise, there has to be a reason why, if true, that there has been no other offer to Kirk since this last one and it might explain the true reason why Scott was dismissed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but the last pictures of SM walking around Loudon County in Redskins gear look like he was still on the bottle.

Was he on company time?? Did he do anything to cause issues for the team?? Hell some of the most brilliant IT people I know smoke weed on the daily. As long as they dont let it affect their job, I could care less. And again if this were a situation where they didnt KNOW about it ahead of time, I might agree with you. But it sounds like an easy out for Bruce to get what he wanted. Total control at a time when the team was headed in a positive direction. Because if Scot did the draft this year, and this team managed to say, make and win a playoffs game, who do you think would get the credit?? Not Bruce.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
( I posted this in another thread but it works here as well)

I wonder if Scott McCloughan is planning a lawsuit based on wrongful termination. Bruce seems to be a prudent financial guy cap wise, there has to be a reason why, if true, that there has been no other offer to Kirk since this last one and it might explain the true reason why Scott was dismissed.

Who knows for sure Sty. Did SM have a clause in his Redskins contract about being tested for alcohol? Most companies today test you randomly for drugs and alcohol. If he still had a problem with alcohol, and it had an effect on his job performance then he has no case.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he on company time?? Did he do anything to cause issues for the team?? Hell some of the most brilliant IT people I know smoke weed on the daily. As long as they dont let it affect their job, I could care less. And again if this were a situation where they didnt KNOW about it ahead of time, I might agree with you. But it sounds like an easy out for Bruce to get what he wanted. Total control at a time when the team was headed in a positive direction. Because if Scot did the draft this year, and this team managed to say, make and win a playoffs game, who do you think would get the credit?? Not Bruce.

I totally agree with you man, however anyone can see.....that's some real deep crazy shit right there, but OK, let's say Bruce's ego is exactly as we believe it to be. What's his next attention grabbing move? Even if this team somehow managed to win a SB, standing on that stage receiving the trophy and getting the media spotlight will be Dan, Gruden and Cousins. Will he then demand the firing of Gruden and regale us with his abilities to Coach 'em up? Maybe a power play in which he gains part if not total ownership? I tell ya fellas, if I'm Dan and he either did this Scott thing on his own or with my approval, dude is catching a serious dose of side-eye right about now!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows for sure Sty. Did SM have a clause in his Redskins contract about being tested for alcohol? Most companies today test you randomly for drugs and alcohol. If he still had a problem with alcohol, and it had an effect on his job performance then he has no case.

He had a history, that was known publicly!! He was hired with that history, so I'm doubting that, drinking was the real reason.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you man, however anyone can see.....that's some real deep crazy shit right there, but OK, let's say Bruce's ego is exactly as we believe it to be. What's his next attention grabbing move? Even if this team somehow managed to win a SB, standing on that stage receiving the trophy and getting the media spotlight will be Dan, Gruden and Cousins. Will he then demand the firing of Gruden and regale us with his abilities to Coach 'em up? Maybe a power play in which he gains part if not total ownership? I tell ya fellas, if I'm Dan and he either did this Scott thing on his own or with my approval, dude is catching a serious dose of side-eye right about now!

I think the Narrative gets spun something like this.

Scot Mc because of his drinking, left Washington in a bad spot and wasnt able to get Cousins to sign long term. Bruce Allen through shrewd negotiating and talent acquisition was able to clean up Mc's mess and he would be in consideration for GM of the year.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Narrative gets spun something like this.

Scot Mc because of his drinking, left Washington in a bad spot and wasnt able to get Cousins to sign long term. Bruce Allen through shrewd negotiating and talent acquisition was able to clean up Mc's mess and he would be in consideration for GM of the year.

So far so good, but how then does he make the whole "I have had final say all along" and that Scott was but a glorified scout with the GM title go away?

SN: Nobody's going to believe him!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good, but how then does he make the whole "I have had final say all along" and that Scott was but a glorified scout with the GM title go away?

SN: Nobody's going to believe him!!

Dude... he already HAS people believing that Scot was just a glorified scout, who you kidding. He made a point to stress that decisions were a team effort. He is in the catbird seat. If the Skins do well this year he gets to say... see IM better than Scot any way. If we tank, the line will be... well we were working off of Scots plan. Obviously his drinking had compromised his judgement, but we stuck with the plan in hopes that he had formulated it before his drinking took over again.