• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former LA Top 6 forward headed to KHL

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Sutter was playing this guy on the #1 line with Kopitar

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played well for the first year and a half he was with the Kings but definitely stopped improving.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played well for the first year and a half he was with the Kings but definitely stopped improving.

He showed flashes of brilliance, and he played very well at times. While he was a big body and did a lot of board work, he showed some skill at times too. That always led me to believe he has some untapped potential, but he never stepped up to the plate in LA to go to the next level.

While I thank him for his contributions in LA (that Phoenix series in 2012 he was a beast), he overstayed his welcome in LA by about 2 years.

Another Dumbo loyalty mistake.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He showed flashes of brilliance, and he played very well at times. While he was a big body and did a lot of board work, he showed some skill at times too. That always led me to believe he has some untapped potential, but he never stepped up to the plate in LA to go to the next level.

While I thank him for his contributions in LA (that Phoenix series in 2012 he was a beast), he overstayed his welcome in LA by about 2 years.

Another Dumbo loyalty mistake.

At least they didn't overpay him as badly as some of the other loyalty mistakes.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they didn't overpay him as badly as some of the other loyalty mistakes.

I'm sure this summer if Dumbo was still here, he is receiving an LAC (Lifetime Achievement Contract) from Dumbo, 6 years/$27.5 million.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hard on King the last couple seasons and was happy to see him go. He just seemed to get lazy and stop trying in many games and I just cant stand that. Glad he was here, but overall I think he brought this on himself

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lasted longer than his brother did in the NHL, DJ King (didn't he play for Ontario a few years ago?).

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe so...

On a side note, you doing ok?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King appears to be a casualty of the new faster NHL. I think the only reason he was even in the league is thanks to an old school Sutter plucking him out of the minors in 2012 (And thankfully he did). That being said, he was very effective when he first came up with Jordan Nolan. Just part of that grinding element that wore on teams.

Side note, if you google "Dwight King Smile" you might not be disappointed.

upload_2017-7-31_16-20-7.jpeg

"Dwight, we're going to do a candid shot. Just act natural"

images

That mustache didn't help either.

Dwight-King-2.png

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe so...

On a side note, you doing ok?

It's been a very strange year - hard to believe that post I put up was nearly a year ago in a few weeks - but currently, I have never been better. It's been challenging, rewarding, heart breaking, angry, happy, all kinds of emotions. It has been a year of transition for me as a person (Aug 12 will be 1 year since she moved out).

I did start drinking again in December, went 95 days sober. Went 30 days again in May but realized AA is not for me - I would be lying to myself, the program and to its members if I continued. I have seen my therapist (look up EMDR therapy, I kid you not this has completely changed my life for the better) for almost a year straight and he helped me get back on track and control my drinking. Proud to say I can stop in a bar, literally have 2 and leave these days instead of being stupid and end up doing stupid things.

Nothing has changed much with Mrs. Puck, although we have connected really well that last month. There is a possibility but it's going to take a lot of time. Emotionally she is connected to me, physically she is struggling because all she can think about is the affair I had. I get it and understand it'll be a process.

I left the insurance industry after a whopping 4.5 months in May, just couldn't handle it - too boring for me. And as God would have it, that experience combined with my HR experience landed me an unbelievable career opportunity not even 6 weeks later that combines both worlds. I started with them July 17 and am in FL attending our annual sales conference as we speak (Orlando - why on earth would anyone want to live here? This place sucks, makes me appreciate CA no matter how expensive it is).

I am truly fortunate that life went 180º on me but I can say this time it went in a positive direction. No way any of this happens to me a year ago.