• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Denver Broncos Director of Pro Personnel Tom Heckert has passed away

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the rest of the story Rest in peace.

Very sad news to report today. Former Denver Broncos Director of Pro Personnel Tom Heckert has passed away.
By Tim Lynch@TimLynch1978 Aug 6, 2018, 10:32am MDTSHARE
Former Denver Broncos Director of Pro Personnel, Tom Heckert, has passed away Sunday night. He was just 51 years old.

Just over a month ago, on July 2nd, Heckert left the team as he continued his battle with a rare condition called Amyloidosis.

“Tom was an integral part of our organization and we’re all incredibly saddened today,” President of Football Operatoins/General Manager John Elway said in a statement on Monday. “With his many years of experience and time as a GM, Tom was a tremendous resource and a key member of our team. He was a very good evaluator—He had an eye for talent, and we always trusted his voice. It’s easy to see why Tom was widely respected and had so many great relationships across the league. I’ll always be grateful for how he helped me transition into this position. My prayers go out to Tom’s family, friends and everyone he worked with during his career.”

Heckert spent 27 years in the NFL, with stints as general manager of the Cleveland Browns(2010-12) and the Philadelphia Eagles (2006-09) before signing on with John Elway and the Broncos in 2013. He was instrumental in the teams buildup to their Super Bowl championship in 2015.

“Tom hired me in Philadelphia and was a beloved friend for many years”, Director of Player Personnel Matt Russell said of Heckert. “The biggest thing with Tom was his loyalty, how he cared about his friends and how good he was at his job. Tom was one of the best because he combined exceptional player evaluation skills with his incredible network of connections around the NFL. Those relationships he formed are a testament to how well he treated everyone. Tom was a loyal friend and my heart goes out to his family.”

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Heckert’s family.

MORE FROM MILE HIGH REPORT

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough way to go and tough time to go. I had to check and see if Alcohol was involved (not).