• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For the new owners: We want answers

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know what the real plan is for this hot mess of a team these new guys acquired, and I'm sure some of you are wondering the same thing.

Do they care more about performance than the zippo that Nintendo showed? Or are we looking at another Sonics scenario?

Anybody find any articles or tweets from these guys, I'd love to see them, so I can see if there's any BS hidden in there somewhere.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing you can do with this team besides raze it and start over. Seriously, fuck this franchise. We went from a bad GM to a worse GM and the roster is completely fucked right now. Felix is well on his way in his decline, Cano is overpaid as fuck, Cruz is 35 and probably has no interest finishing his career here, Seager is maybe a wash with his salary, ... At this point it's everything must go time because there's absolutely nothing they can do to fix what they have.

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing you can do with this team besides raze it and start over. Seriously, fuck this franchise. We went from a bad GM to a worse GM and the roster is completely fucked right now. Felix is well on his way in his decline, Cano is overpaid as fuck, Cruz is 35 and probably has no interest finishing his career here, Seager is maybe a wash with his salary, ... At this point it's everything must go time because there's absolutely nothing they can do to fix what they have.

upload_2017-4-25_20-30-55.jpeg

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would seriously start considering making some deals for younger talent using Seager and Cruz. Motter can play 3B and Vogelback can DH or dump. We need pitching and lots of it. JD has been good, or ,lucky, at picking up MLB ready players (Motter and Haniger). Sign Segura long term and build around him, Haniger, and Motter. We have a few good MiLB players to bring up within the next year or sooner so add others with trades. Cano is untradeable.

Oh, and Zunino needs to go somewhere else. Not a rant, just looking to make next year a better year than this year and now is the time to start the move.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forfeit the damn season. Whoever has them on the schedule gets the W. dump everyone from inside out. Start over next year or the year after like an "expansion" franchise. i'd like to erase the past 40 damn years.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would seriously start considering making some deals for younger talent using Seager and Cruz. Motter can play 3B and Vogelback can DH or dump. We need pitching and lots of it. JD has been good, or ,lucky, at picking up MLB ready players (Motter and Haniger). Sign Segura long term and build around him, Haniger, and Motter. We have a few good MiLB players to bring up within the next year or sooner so add others with trades. Cano is untradeable.

Oh, and Zunino needs to go somewhere else. Not a rant, just looking to make next year a better year than this year and now is the time to start the move.

So besides Motter, Segura, and Haniger.... there isnt anyone else worth keeping. So sad but sound about right. We're stuck with Cano because no one is stupid enough to take on his contract. Seager and Cruz we can still salvage if there are interests. And Felix should help a contender that needs pitching down the road.

With those guys, they should at least get something decent in return, but it has to start with pitching and build around Segura and Haniger.

Dipoto's mistake will be throwing all the chips in this year to compete because of last season and it will cost him a few years to rebuild. Enough with the pressure to win immediately and do this the right way.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dipoto's mistake will be throwing all the chips in this year to compete because of last season and it will cost him a few years to rebuild. Enough with the pressure to win immediately and do this the right way.

This is my issue with what Dipoto says about going all in; they didn't go all in. They went all in until they reached their budget which is not even in the top 10 I believe. Too many holes going into spring to claim we are all in. Typical Mariners BS.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So besides Motter, Segura, and Haniger.... there isnt anyone else worth keeping. So sad but sound about right. We're stuck with Cano because no one is stupid enough to take on his contract. Seager and Cruz we can still salvage if there are interests. And Felix should help a contender that needs pitching down the road.

With those guys, they should at least get something decent in return, but it has to start with pitching and build around Segura and Haniger.

And Paxton, (until he shows this start was a fluke)

I'm done, I've kept saying it takes time but this shit is foolish....
Hell I'm for tearing the damn stadium down to build a new area for the Sonics and I can't even stand the NBA!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got shit on this forum 3 years ago when I said to trade Felix.... but whatevs....

Team isn't going anywhere. Fire sale it. We were lucky to get Segura/Haniger as is. Fortunately the DBacks are just as much of an inept org at the moment.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I'm for tearing the damn stadium down to build a new area for the Sonics and I can't even stand the NBA!
I'll take the NHL over the NBA any day.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to look at trading Seager to the Mets. We need youth and payroll relief and they need a big 3B. They have the prospects and are in win now.

Amed Rosario is a must get. Gsellman and maybe a lower level pitcher.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosario looks legit.

He is as far as prospects go. You never know of course, but he would be a good get. I am not a Seager hater, but payroll is always a factor, age, and trading a year early is always better than trading a year too late...as M's tend to do.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is as far as prospects go. You never know of course, but he would be a good get. I am not a Seager hater, but payroll is always a factor, age, and trading a year early is always better than trading a year too late...as M's tend to do.
Trading Seager is something I think the M's should really consider especially if they continue to lose. Not hating on Seager either, it just makes sense for the Mariners.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Seager is something I think the M's should really consider especially if they continue to lose. Not hating on Seager either, it just makes sense for the Mariners.

I'd trade Seager but only if the return was good enough and not just to make a trade. I'd move Cano, Cruz and Felix too, though as has been stated, injury concerns and contracts might be issues for Cano and Felix respectively. Keep the young guys, Haniger, Segura etc. Hell I'd even keep Heredia to be honest. And I'd probably hold onto Paxton, Smyly and Miranda, I think they will be/are 3 pretty decent starters.

I still can't help but feel that this team should be better than this though.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Seager but only if the return was good enough and not just to make a trade. I'd move Cano, Cruz and Felix too, though as has been stated, injury concerns and contracts might be issues for Cano and Felix respectively. Keep the young guys, Haniger, Segura etc. Hell I'd even keep Heredia to be honest. And I'd probably hold onto Paxton, Smyly and Miranda, I think they will be/are 3 pretty decent starters.

Agreed on all points, I still think the current team can win some ball games. The situation this team is in right now really sucks because they got off to such a terrible start it might be the difference in September. It is important to remember how early in the season it is. The obvious hole is the bullpen and clutch hitting.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, of all the guys I believe Seager is one the M's can get most out of if they trade him... not just base on performance but his contract is something teams can take on.

As already mentioned the team is vastly underachieving and it will probably cost them come September. By july if they're still struggling JP should really consider a fire sale.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players with Seager's contract don't get traded for equal value or great prospects, unless the Mariners are willing to eat part of his salary. If you want to move his entire salary, you won't get much in return. May seem like bullshit, but that is the way baseball works. The best deals to be had would probably come from the Red Sox (who obviously want to move on from Tubbo Sandoval) or Dodgers (who could team the Seager brothers together and move on from an aging Adrian Gonzalez).

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know what the real plan is for this hot mess of a team these new guys acquired, and I'm sure some of you are wondering the same thing.

Do they care more about performance than the zippo that Nintendo showed? Or are we looking at another Sonics scenario?

Anybody find any articles or tweets from these guys, I'd love to see them, so I can see if there's any BS hidden in there somewhere.
Nothing wrong with this team's offense and it has the potential to be the best in the AL when Haniger and Seager are in the lineup. But the pitching is abysmal. The bullpen cost us games early last year and apparently Dipoto/Servais learned nothing from that because the BP has cost us games this year again. The starting pitching is a glorified mess. No point in itemizing the rotation problems. We all know what they are.

Honestly, this team reminds me of the 1996 team when they couldn't win unless they outslugged the competition. Bob Wells was the 'staff ace' that year. LOL. Sterling Hitchcock started 36 games and couldn't even get to 190 innings. He barely averaged 5 innings per start. LOL.