• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For better AND for worse...

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I just see a banner ad. on this site for "Champion Toilets"?
So what does it ake to be a champion anyhow?
"Crapping is for closers !"
Can you imagine that championship? Shit...

Speaking of crap, how about my attitude?

This whole Irvin suspension thing really made me fouled my football faith for a while. East Coast bias, game blunders, Rodney Dangerfield level respect and poor front office choices were all par for the course and didn't phase me. Made me even more of a Hawks fan.

The '05 SB officiating thing soured me towards the NFL in general and didn't touch my love for the Hawks. I adjusted/adapted and was just as content.

This latest thing has got me perturbed. It seems different, more stoopid. I was really at a loss for how to feel.

That's just it. It was stupid... How dumb do you have to be. Allegorically, if I had a friend who got a third DUI I would really start to reconsider my friendship with them (after having been there through the first two?!).

At this point I was re-considering my interest with this current team that seems intent on shitting the bed.

Maybe I was making too much of it, or I was out of balance internally,...

I am having fun again with my fanship, albeit slightly less.

Does anyone else think along the same lines? or should I just pull up my little girl pants and get back up on the porch with the pups?

:gaah:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This latest violation is the most irritating, because like you said...it's just so stupid!

However I just let it roll off my back. JS and Pete take chances with players that have had "issues". Guys like Lynch, Irving, Harvin, Micheals, also guys like Wilson who issue has his height.

There's a upside and a downside to acquiring players with issues. The upside is that you usual get a really talented player and perhaps for less then a player that doesn't have problems. In that respect, it has been working out nicely. Year 4 and fans are thinking Superbowl ( at least some are). That was a nice fast rebuild and I'm not complaining about the way things have progressed on the field.

The downside is your going have some problems from time to time with players with issues. DUI (Lynch) Drug policy violations, etc..

At the end of the day the success on the field will be the determining factor. Seahawks win the Superbowl or at least play in the Superbowl. Then these problems will all be forgotten about.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tru ' nuff Harold.
Guess I just needed to step back and put it all in perspective.
These guys are entertainers. Well paid, hard working, very talented entertainers.
They are playing for the benefit of the fanbase i.e. us.
Overall I have been very entertained.
I have apparently been developing some expectations that may or may not be reasonable.
One thing is for sure, I better get ready for all those in the NFL to do their own thing, and not cater to my every whim.
Here is to perspective, the "Bad News Seahawks" that merry band of misfit toy stories, and to one hell of an upcoming season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man this up coming season is going to be a beauty. I am so stoked...the waiting is so hard.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has there knuckleheads and yes it's a little frustrating that Irving got busted knowing what the team went through last season, but i'll forget it if Irving comes back and produces. Different story though if last 12 games are unsatisfactory. Good thing the Hawks signed D-line guys.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, derp, of the four games missed... all I cares about is game two.

Please diety/dieties for the love of yourself/ves, don't rush Clemons (he ha! see what I did there !? That's homonymistic double entendre'). If the expectation materializes due to need that may cause C. Clemons to try to come back too soon causing injury I'll be biting my pillow fo' sho'.