• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For all you Lebron Haters

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pose a hypothetical.

If the New York Knicks were to draft Lebron James instead of Patrick Ewing, how many championships do you think the Knicks would have won? I've heard lots of folks say that the league was much tougher back then. So do you think the Knicks would have been worse, the same, or better with Lebron James?

If the Knicks aren't your thing, replace them with the Trailblazers or Pacers. Replace whatever player you want with Lebron. How would that team have fared?

By and Large the Knicks have always been a dysfunctional organization, and not exactly a place that the top talent want to go.

To Answer; Probably NONE as they didn't have enough overall talent around him. Lebron needs multiple HOF talent to win championships. (As we have already seen by the intervening 7 years since he ran out Cleveland in the dead of the night and "took his talents to Collude" And the East was tougher back then than it is now. Hes not gonna get over the "Jordan Hump" either as he just isn't the player that Jordan was especially post season.

You have to stack a SHITLOAD Of talent around Lebron to win at the end of the day. Multiple 3 point sharpshooter and at LEAST 2 HOF talents.

Ewing didn't have enough talent around. Lebron wouldn't have fared any better with that talent.. Then factor in the league didn't BABY superstar perimeter players like they do now? Lebron wants NONE of that physicality and hand checking. So we break it down:

1. Knicks didn't have enough talent (Lebron need multiple future HOFers around him) Or the 3 point sharpshooters
2. The East was better with far more depth
3. It was the era of the GOAT and other all time great teams
4. Physicality and hand checking allowed (No puss wussy ball for the perimeter players and refs BAILING them out)

... No titles. It was a much different TOUGER league back then. Talent was more evenly distributed and it was far tougher on the perimeter guys.

Lebron is great but a lot of his domination was a factor of the current times. He wouldn't have seen the success back then that he has seen now..

Hell even now, If Lebron played out west his entire career, his achievements would look far more dismal than they currently do.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By and Large the Knicks have always been a dysfunctional organization, and not exactly a place that the top talent want to go.

To Answer; Probably NONE as they didn't have enough overall talent around him. Lebron needs multiple HOF talent to win championships. (As we have already seen by the intervening 7 years since he ran out Cleveland in the dead of the night and "took his talents to Collude" And the East was tougher back then than it is now. Hes not gonna get over the "Jordan Hump" either as he just isn't the player that Jordan was especially post season.

Who are the Hall of Fame talents that have played with Lebron? Dwayne Wade and who else?

You have to stack a SHITLOAD Of talent around Lebron to win at the end of the day. Multiple 3 point sharpshooter and at LEAST 2 HOF talents.

See above.

Ewing didn't have enough talent around. Lebron wouldn't have fared any better with that talent.. Then factor in the league didn't BABY superstar perimeter players like they do now? Lebron wants NONE of that physicality and hand checking. So we break it down:

The Knicks had a damn good team and damn good coach in the early 90s.

... No titles. It was a much different TOUGER league back then. Talent was more evenly distributed and it was far tougher on the perimeter guys.

Lebron is great but a lot of his domination was a factor of the current times. He wouldn't have seen the success back then that he has seen now..

Hell even now, If Lebron played out west his entire career, his achievements would look far more dismal than they currently do.

I always get a chuckle when people point to how tough the league was back then and how Lebron would struggle in such an environment.

Your last sentence makes no sense. Then again you seem to think that Lebron has had multiple Hall of Fame players surrounding him wherever he went.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron would have way more championships if he played in the West

He'd probably have at least 8 or 9, tbh.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron would have way more championships if he played in the West

He'd probably have at least 8 or 9, tbh.

I don't know how many he would have had. Put him on the Thunder and that team wins every year. Take anyone of the original 3 on the Thunder and replace him with that player and they will every year.

Put him on the Tim Duncan Spurs and they are in the conversation for GOAT teams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was a terrible idea, I haven't read thru it, but I'm sure that the haters have said "No one is questioning LeBron's greatness", at least 5 times.

Sorry you didn't like the idea. But you are spot on accurate with your prediction.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you didn't like the idea. But you are spot on accurate with your prediction.
It's not a bad idea, It's just I don't even have to go thru all 7 pages and I know exactly how this whole thread went, and exactly who came in here yelling at you.

ShaqDaddy is probably one, Chiefslakers definitely made an appearance, and quite a few others that vehemently hate the man, yet "No one is questioning his greatness".

I like LeBron, got over him leaving the Heat, and I can see he's going to go down as one of the 3 greatest players ever, but on this forum, I'm a stupid piece of shit who's only watched basketball since 2015 and knows nothing about the sport.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a bad idea, It's just I don't even have to go thru all 7 pages and I know exactly how this whole thread went, and exactly who came in here yelling at you.

ShaqDaddy is probably one, Chiefslakers definitely made an appearance, and quite a few others that vehemently hate the man, yet "No one is questioning his greatness".

I like LeBron, got over him leaving the Heat, and I can see he's going to go down as one of the 3 greatest players ever, but on this forum, I'm a stupid piece of shit who's only watched basketball since 2015 and knows nothing about the sport.

umm...

i didn't 'til NOW...:heh:

but just so i don't disappoint...

FUCK that guy...:lol:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems like there are quite a few Laker fans among the LeBron haters.

What did he ever do to you all?

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A couple Heat fans hate hi as well, which is understandable.

BKS and Heatles seem to be pretty honest about their assertions on LeBron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple Heat fans hate hi as well, which is understandable.

BKS and Heatles seem to be pretty honest about their assertions on LeBron.

But, the Heat fans who don't like him are still objective enough to appreciate his greatness.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to me personally. nothing. and being a Lakers fan ain't got a damn thing to do with it...

i mean, hyped up as "the King" before he even hit an NBA court..?

the "decision"...

the "yes.We.Did" celebration...

the whining when he lost to the Mavs in the finals...

the list goes on...

but i don't have any problem with him as a player. as a MAN is another matter entirely...

honestly i wouldn't really talk about him all that much, but it seems the sports media, the NBA, and of course his zombie followers act like something is wrong if you aren't in love with the guy...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me personally. nothing. and being a Lakers fan ain't got a damn thing to do with it...

i mean, hyped up as "the King" before he even hit an NBA court..?

the "decision"...

the "yes.We.Did" celebration...

the whining when he lost to the Mavs in the finals...

the list goes on...

but i don't have any problem with him as a player. as a MAN is another matter entirely...

honestly i wouldn't really talk about him all that much, but it seems the sports media, the NBA, and of course his zombie followers act like something is wrong if you aren't in love with the guy...

I get why some don't like him. Just seems to be a disproportionate number of Laker fans in that camp.

Also, I respect your opinion on him because you are very up front about your dislike and I also think you are more able to objectively analyze him than most "haters". Some on here just try to invent reasons to diminish everything he accomplishes. I don't think that you are one of those. You just don't like him. And that is okay.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why some don't like him. Just seems to be a disproportionate number of Laker fans in that camp.

Perhaps because there seems to be a disproportionate number of Lakers fans on these boards?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps because there seems to be a disproportionate number of Lakers fans on these boards?

Possible.

Or, maybe it is because the Lakers have never played a meaningful game against LeBron. Nothing builds respect for a player more than when he rips your heart out as he single handedly destroys your team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, this is pretty stupid. Thought you were better than that.

Not liking Lebron, but acknowledging that he's a great player, isn't hate. Not sure why the fuck people think that not liking him automatically makes someone a hater.

What's really hilarious is that a lot of these folks who are crying because some of us dare to criticize him were saying the same things and worse about Kobe.

This hater shit is old, dead and stinking. Some folks on here need to grow the fuck up and understand that not everyone has to share your opinion of Lebron and that respecting his talent, despite not liking him, isn't hate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible.

Or, maybe it is because the Lakers have never played a meaningful game against LeBron. Nothing builds respect for a player more than when he rips your heart out as he single handedly destroys your team.

Yeah, because him playing in the East and the Lakers being in the West would present sooo many opportunities for them to play meaningful games against each other.

Which is it? You drunk or high this morning?