• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football recruits staying on board

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dooley is talking to Penn State, but it sounds like that's more as a safety net. Singleton has opened his recruiting back up, but also says he's still committed to Wisconsin. He was supposed to enroll in January. I thought he was a 2012 commit. I think I'm behind on that story.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did yall really interview Bud Foster?

No idea. Barry won't say. The word out of Boise is that Peterson never even got on a plane. I don't know who's been here and who hasn't, except that I'm pretty sure the Willie Taggert rumor was true.

Also, that's really the first I've heard of Foster.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dooley is talking to Penn State, but it sounds like that's more as a safety net. Singleton has opened his recruiting back up, but also says he's still committed to Wisconsin. He was supposed to enroll in January. I thought he was a 2012 commit. I think I'm behind on that story.

We are full at LB after last weekend anyhow (2 more kids jumped on board). I think the only thing that would have made Dooley an option was the early enrollee and being able to count against last year's class. Only way we take another LB is if Trey Johnson wants to commit, can't turn him away. I know we were in contact with Ball as well, but don't think there's much to either.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like they're all at least waiting for Barry to pick a coach. Except Darius Latham but that man-child decommitted a while ago.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke too soon on Dooley, apparently we are still on him and he's listening. If you keep your LB coach, sounds like no chance he leaves, if not, all bets are off. Shocked we are still after him with limited ships and 3 LB on board, but coach Vanderlinden, who's judgement I certainly can't question, seems to love the kid.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While some defections could occur, Dooley expects almost all of the commits to stick with UW. As the first commit in the class, Dooley is taking an active role in making that happen.

“I haven’t heard a single thing about anyone wanting to decommit or other thoughts going through their minds about other schools,” Dooley said. “It seemed like they were all still really comfortable with (UW).”

Dooley acknowledged that he has to be smart and keep his options open, which is why he is still talking to Penn State.

“I’m really set on Wisconsin but my high school coach (Derek Leonard) told me he’s not going to close any doors, so I shouldn’t either, just because you don’t know what’s going to happen,” Dooley said. “Like coach Bielema leaving, that was out of the blue.”

Read more: Badgers football: Recruit Garret Dooley says Barry Alvarez talk was ?really reassuring? : Sports
- Garrett Dooley

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Garrett Dooley

He had a BUNCH of very flattering quotes in a premium article on 24/7 can't repost premium info, but looks like he may visit in early January and he raved about his offer and PSU in general. If your LB coach leaves, he could be in play. I think he will end up at Wisky barring them hiring a coach he doesn't like much at all, but if we get him on campus, it could get interesting. Seems like a kid who likes Wisky for the right reasons and likes the school though.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot of respect for PSU too, but the kid is spear-heading the movement to keep recruits on board at Wisconsin. I'd say barring the worst coaching hire in 100 years he's still a Wisconsin recruit, but who knows. Andy Buh is a great LB coach, though, and he likes Wisconsin. I can't imagine him going anywhere. He's got a great group of backers in his position group and he knows what he's doing. IMO he's probably a priority for Barry and whoever the HC is going to be.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot of respect for PSU too, but the kid is spear-heading the movement to keep recruits on board at Wisconsin. I'd say barring the worst coaching hire in 100 years he's still a Wisconsin recruit, but who knows. Andy Buh is a great LB coach, though, and he likes Wisconsin. I can't imagine him going anywhere. He's got a great group of backers in his position group and he knows what he's doing. IMO he's probably a priority for Barry and whoever the HC is going to be.

We had Cam Williams doing the same thing last year for us and he ended up a Buckeye. If he's visiting, he's got more than a passing interest. Recruits actions speak louder than their words. The longer you go without a coach hurts as well. That really hurt us last year with other's trying to steal our guys and nobody in place to help keep them. Curious to see what Wisky does with the coaching change. Sounds like GOlden said thanks but no thanks, Alvarez painted himself in a corner saying he wouldn't take Chryst (I guess he pulled a lot of strings to get him the job here in Pittsburgh), would you guys be surprised to see Alvarez coach a year then bring Chryst back next year? Word around the area is that he's homesick and would love to go back to Wisconsin. I'm guessing coaching in front of crowds that big HS can draw doesn't help either. If you guys want him, you'd have him in a heartbeat.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The theory is now that Barry already has his guy and he's just delaying until after the Rose Bowl. As I said in another thread, most of these "shoot downs" are just coaches denying rumors. No evidence of actual offers. One thing that happened last time was that people were pretty upset with Barry for seemingly making his decision to hire Bielema without preamble. I now believe the boss is just being secretive.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The theory is now that Barry already has his guy and he's just delaying until after the Rose Bowl. As I said in another thread, most of these "shoot downs" are just coaches denying rumors. No evidence of actual offers. One thing that happened last time was that people were pretty upset with Barry for seemingly making his decision to hire Bielema without preamble. I now believe the boss is just being secretive.

Thought I read somewhere that he couldn't actually hire someone till yesterday by state law?? Is there any truth to that?? Would make sense why he moved so slow when he seemed to have someone in mind and why he shot down Chryst so quickly.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I read somewhere that he couldn't actually hire someone till yesterday by state law?? Is there any truth to that?? Would make sense why he moved so slow when he seemed to have someone in mind and why he shot down Chryst so quickly.

He couldn't. If he knew who he was bringing in, he could have cheated and worked behind the scenes to keep the assistants both he and Anderson wanted, but didn't. Good for him.