• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foley

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We previously had a discussion on here about Jeremy Foley and his legacy. With the dominance this year...all chatter about his job security needs to be silent.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the masses only judge based on Football. He has had a couple of good hires in Spurrier and Meyer, but he’s had his stinkers as well. His current stinker needs to put up or shut up really fast this year. Even when you look past the horrible losses this past year, you hope to see an identity for a team that you can build on. There was no identity for last year’s team. None whatsoever. He has them in a state of flux now, changing back to the spread offense which he dismantled when he came to UF. Talk about changing horses in mid-stream. That’s a poor coach, and therefore a poor hire in my opinion. Injuries will heal. New recruits will fill the cupboards, but bad coaching cannot be hidden.

If WM isn’t 6-0 by midseason, he should be fired Lane Kiffin style. If Foley won’t do that, he needs to be disciplined.

But give Foley credit where credit is due, overall the state of UF Athletics is in good shape.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Muschamp is being judged too harshly for last season. Sure it was an awful season but Bear Bryant wouldn't have won with all those injuries.

Foley deserves a ton of credit for the overall success of Florida Athletics.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
foley is a bit of a blowhard....takes too much credit when things go right and passes the buck when things go wrong.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Muschamp is being judged too harshly for last season. Sure it was an awful season but Bear Bryant wouldn't have won with all those injuries.

Foley deserves a ton of credit for the overall success of Florida Athletics.

Like I said earlier, even when you look past the injuries there are deep problems on this team which I believe have more to do with the direction the head coach is taking the team. That direction is a giant stall. Look at his 3 seasons so far. Only 2012 stands out as a very good year, but I believe that was a complete anomaly. Look at how many games were won in the 4th quarter after the team laid an egg the first 3 quarters ( okay, you can be a glass-half-full guy and say winning those tight games was the sign of a great team, I get that.). I think the whole team came unravelled in the spool-up to the Sugar Bowl and the horrible embarrassing loss to Louisville. Again, in my opinion the head coach did a fucking HORRIBLE job of having his team ready to play. No excuse, none whatsoever. With all due respect to Louisville, there’s no way in hell we shouldn’t have crushed that team by 3 or 4 touchdowns, even with Teddy Bridgewater as their QB. Instead we saw a Gator team that had ZERO drive. That’s 100% on the Head Ball Coach.

Things just went to hell on an elevator after that game, and Muschamp didn’t see it and stem the tide. Yeah, there were injuries. Cry me a river. Jeff Driskel going down was actually a bright spot in the season if Tyler Murphy could have stayed healthy. Driskel is not the future, but Muschamp refuses to see this.

This team is in the worst shape I’ve seen in a long time. This was not the time to transition a first-time head coach into the rotation at UF after Meyer slinked away. THAT falls squarely on Foley. Horrible vetting, horrible search for a replacement. He was obviously scared into making the Muschamp choice. Scared that recruits would see any delay as instability in the program. Now we pay and pay dearly for allowing Will Muschamp to take off the training wheels for the first time. HE should have been the coach at Louisville, or Kansas, or *insert name of failing program here*. So that’s why I believe Jeremy Foley has done a poor job of management of the football program at UF. Agreed however, he hit the nail on the head with Billy Donavan, Kevin O’Sullivan, Tim Walton, etc.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foley is kind of a douche IMO. (just find him personally dickheaded) But there are some really great people around him - both alumni and UF employed.

If he does get canned, for whatever reason, we shouldn't worry too much. The wealth of talent waiting for that position is endless. Foley is just such a great ass-kisser...it's hard to see him getting canned without some kind of embarrassing personal failure or other unexpected problem.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, even when you look past the injuries there are deep problems on this team which I believe have more to do with the direction the head coach is taking the team. That direction is a giant stall. Look at his 3 seasons so far. Only 2012 stands out as a very good year, but I believe that was a complete anomaly. Look at how many games were won in the 4th quarter after the team laid an egg the first 3 quarters ( okay, you can be a glass-half-full guy and say winning those tight games was the sign of a great team, I get that.). I think the whole team came unravelled in the spool-up to the Sugar Bowl and the horrible embarrassing loss to Louisville. Again, in my opinion the head coach did a fucking HORRIBLE job of having his team ready to play. No excuse, none whatsoever. With all due respect to Louisville, there’s no way in hell we shouldn’t have crushed that team by 3 or 4 touchdowns, even with Teddy Bridgewater as their QB. Instead we saw a Gator team that had ZERO drive. That’s 100% on the Head Ball Coach.

Things just went to hell on an elevator after that game, and Muschamp didn’t see it and stem the tide. Yeah, there were injuries. Cry me a river. Jeff Driskel going down was actually a bright spot in the season if Tyler Murphy could have stayed healthy. Driskel is not the future, but Muschamp refuses to see this.

This team is in the worst shape I’ve seen in a long time. This was not the time to transition a first-time head coach into the rotation at UF after Meyer slinked away. THAT falls squarely on Foley. Horrible vetting, horrible search for a replacement. He was obviously scared into making the Muschamp choice. Scared that recruits would see any delay as instability in the program. Now we pay and pay dearly for allowing Will Muschamp to take off the training wheels for the first time. HE should have been the coach at Louisville, or Kansas, or *insert name of failing program here*. So that’s why I believe Jeremy Foley has done a poor job of management of the football program at UF. Agreed however, he hit the nail on the head with Billy Donavan, Kevin O’Sullivan, Tim Walton, etc.

Bumpity bump bump.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...you were exactly right Swamps.

The entire football squad coaching staff needs to go. We're the Florida for Chrissake. Paying 5 million bucks per year for an unproven guy to fuck up year after year is absolutely ridiculous.

Foley is a fucking idiot anyway. He has no outside mgmt. experience and fooled himself into thinking he knew what he was doing after our NC run. Now he's stubbornly refusing to admit his chronic errors. Saying muschump is the problem blaming the symptom. Foley should be fired immediately and let a new AD, with a resume deserving of our great school, figure a way out of this mess.

...by the way, there are problems in other areas of UF with 'sticking with our ol' buddy' instead of finding a qualified replacement. UFICO is one glorious example.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...you were exactly right Swamps.

The entire football squad coaching staff needs to go. We're the Florida for Chrissake. Paying 5 million bucks per year for an unproven guy to fuck up year after year is absolutely ridiculous.

Foley is a fucking idiot anyway. He has no outside mgmt. experience and fooled himself into thinking he knew what he was doing after our NC run. Now he's stubbornly refusing to admit his chronic errors. Saying muschump is the problem blaming the symptom. Foley should be fired immediately and let a new AD, with a resume deserving of our great school, figure a way out of this mess.

...by the way, there are problems in other areas of UF with 'sticking with our ol' buddy' instead of finding a qualified replacement. UFICO is one glorious example.

Again Foley is responsible for more than just football. Muschamp is likely on his way out but that doesn't mean Foley should go. Florida is seeing success in almost all other sports

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Foley is responsible for more than just football. Muschamp is likely on his way out but that doesn't mean Foley should go. Florida is seeing success in almost all other sports

But you would have to admit that his hires for Head Football Coach have been pretty schizophrenic. If I’m the University President I am on his back like stink on shit when the inevitable new coach search comes up this time. I’m micromanaging that bitch like crazy and letting him know in no uncertain terms that one more fuckup and his ass goes out the door in a heap!

Do you get 2nd and 3rd chances at your job? I don’t. Why should Foley, even with his successes with other sports? Like Juice said, this is THE University of Florida. We are way way better than the debacle that is unfolding before our shocked eyes........ heads must roll and much blood must spill!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you would have to admit that his hires for Head Football Coach have been pretty schizophrenic. If I’m the University President I am on his back like stink on shit when the inevitable new coach search comes up this time. I’m micromanaging that bitch like crazy and letting him know in no uncertain terms that one more fuckup and his ass goes out the door in a heap!

Do you get 2nd and 3rd chances at your job? I don’t. Why should Foley, even with his successes with other sports? Like Juice said, this is THE University of Florida. We are way way better than the debacle that is unfolding before our shocked eyes........ heads must roll and much blood must spill!

I think Muschamp has obviously stuggled but last year wasnt only on him. However he is getting to the end of the rope.

Foley wont be gone unless he refuses to move on from Muschamp

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a long season...hopefully the light goes on for the guys.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team definitely responded to him

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team definitely responded to him

That's because he threw the ball to where his receivers could catch them not to high to low behind or in front of then.. i don't think he is trying to force anything yet where Driskell is trying to hard to MAKE something happen which for some reason is NOT motivating the offense into helping him do the job

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because he threw the ball to where his receivers could catch them not to high to low behind or in front of then.. i don't think he is trying to force anything yet where Driskell is trying to hard to MAKE something happen which for some reason is NOT motivating the offense into helping him do the job

lol he was 2-4 don't act like he tore up the secondary.

How many catchable passes were dropped? Don't forget about the two INTs caused by the WRs. Driskel gets all the blame but he got no help yesterday. I'm all for seeing the freshman get a shot but some people need to get a dose of reality when it comes to driskel.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driskel has two big issues. He processes things slowly and he refuses to out any touch on his passes. However he isn't the bane of the program like some people try to act.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bane of the program...no. garbage based on his development....yes. granted our receiver talent is as bad as him at times (androp Deballs)but when he is constantly off target (be it high, or out front, or behind) the deflection ints are a direct result of that.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bane of the program...no. garbage based on his development....yes. granted our receiver talent is as bad as him at times (androp Deballs)but when he is constantly off target (be it high, or out front, or behind) the deflection ints are a direct result of that.

Nailed it.