• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida and Arkansas

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are both fucking terrible.

If they are two of the SECs supposed tourney challengers outside of UK...then Kentucky should legit consider going independent so this conference can dissolve

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Florida is terrible. Their only losses on neutral courts to Duke and Gonzaga and @ FSU. And they have some good wins, but no great wins. I think they are pretty clearly the 2nd best team in the SEC.

Arkansas might end up being bad. Home loss to Miss. State is pretty unforgivable.

I think this conference will at the most get 4 teams in the tournament, but even that might be a stretch.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Florida is terrible. Their only losses on neutral courts to Duke and Gonzaga and @ FSU. And they have some good wins, but no great wins. I think they are pretty clearly the 2nd best team in the SEC.

Arkansas might end up being bad. Home loss to Miss. State is pretty unforgivable.

I think this conference will at the most get 4 teams in the tournament, but even that might be a stretch.

Terrible is a stretch for Florida because the make up of their team is great. Long and van defend and not terrible shooters.

Their bball iq and ability to run offense is really, really bad tho. And the announcers led me to believe this was the norm and not a bad night

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible is a stretch for Florida because the make up of their team is great. Long and van defend and not terrible shooters.

Their bball iq and ability to run offense is really, really bad tho. And the announcers led me to believe this was the norm and not a bad night

I haven't seen Florida all that much, I did watch most of the game against Gonzaga and some of the game against Duke and came away with that impressed. I don't think they're a top 10 team(although they may get there because there's really no games they can lose outside of UK) but I think for sure they are top 20 worthy. I think they have the potential to be a great defensive team, as it stands now, I think they are a very good defensive team.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there were 300 people in attendance for that Florida - Alabama game. Yet, the SEC schools continue to get decent recruits.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Florida's still pretty good but yeah Kentucky is pretty much the class of the SEC basketball.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think that South Carolina is the SEC's #2 team this year.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this week they were definitely fucking terrible......dont know why they are still ranked

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida had the Zags beat and were up the entire game until they tried to sit on the lead in the last 4 mins which drives me nuts. Duke game was close. FSU is a good team as we are seeing. The Vandy game was a bad loss, but that team bombs 3's and Florida shot horrible. I don't think Florida is a sweet 16 team this year... but they are still solid.

But when Florida plays well, they are good. What I find ironic is you can't call the Zags a final four contender and say Florida sucks.. because Florida should have won that game. All I hear on TV is "Is this the Zags year?"

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Florida's still pretty good but yeah Kentucky is pretty much the class of the SEC basketball.

UK looked suspect if Fox is out any length of time. And when Monk shoots poorly or is taken out of the game they struggle as well. They need more clutch scoring outside from someone else besides Monk.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida had the Zags beat and were up the entire game until they tried to sit on the lead in the last 4 mins which drives me nuts. Duke game was close. FSU is a good team as we are seeing. The Vandy game was a bad loss, but that team bombs 3's and Florida shot horrible. I don't think Florida is a sweet 16 team this year... but they are still solid.

But when Florida plays well, they are good. What I find ironic is you can't call the Zags a final four contender and say Florida sucks.. because Florida should have won that game. All I hear on TV is "Is this the Zags year?"

Just because a team plays a Top 10 team close does not mean it is in the same class or even a good team or that Gonzaga is any less of a contender.

The way Power 5 schools work is that they often have a lot of raw talent, but are a bad team.

It's how a shit team like Texas A&M is almost able to beat UCLA on essentially its home court.

Not saying that Florida is as bad as A&M by any means, but your correlation is a bit off.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a team plays a Top 10 team close does not mean it is in the same class or even a good team or that Gonzaga is any less of a contender.

The way Power 5 schools work is that they often have a lot of raw talent, but are a bad team.

It's how a shit team like Texas A&M is almost able to beat UCLA on essentially its home court.

Not saying that Florida is as bad as A&M by any means, but your correlation is a bit off.

100% this.

Personally even though Florida completely blows everytime I watch...I would take like 3 of their big men on Marquette. Insane length and D doesnt grow on trees.

But in terms of "basketball players" they have very little of that.