• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flavored beers,,,

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I guess I do like flavored beers.

Going to search for some of that B Bomb and Vanilla Oatis for drinking next weekend.

I don't know of any craft stores east of the passes, but ask around. Bale Breaker is a great newer brewery from Yakima too. Their Pale and IPA are really good, and they're in cans too, which is nice.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're out on the peninsula, right? If you have a good liquor store out there that also carries some good craft beer, see if they have anything from Fremont Brewing. Bourbon Abominable (B-Bomb) is their barrel aged winter ale. It's a big beer but among the best barrel aged beers in the country IMO. Anyway, this year they released a Coffee Cinnamon version of it and it's absolutely delicious. They run about $17 a bottle for a 22oz so pricey for the everyday beer, especially if it's just something you're looking to try. Looks like this:

B4id33MCEAAnZCX.jpg

The cinnamon and coffee adjuncts really shine in those bigger dark beers where they have the bitter roasted barley flavors to blend with.

As far as more affordable everyday drinkers, Ballast Point has Grapefruit Sculpin out now and it's delicious. It's a nice fruity IPA (fruity hop character I mean) with grapefruit added. Citrus always works well with a hoppy beer.

Ninkasi brews Oatis, their oatmeal stout which is pretty solid. They also do a Vanilla version that I like better than the base beer. I think it's a seasonal beer in 22oz bottles. Should run about $6

vanilla-oatis.png

Let me know if you get to try anything like these and what you think.

Both of these look really god damn good. Going to run by Total Wine and see if I can find either.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of these look really god damn good. Going to run by Total Wine and see if I can find either.

Haven't seen Vanilla Oatis yet this year. We may not be quite to its release season yet.

Depending on where in Seattle you are, regular B-Bomb won't be hard to find but the Coffee Cinnamon version could be a little tougher. Try Whole Foods, Bob's Liquor on Lake City Way, or The Last Drop.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft...more good beer for me. I don't hate on you for drinking straight horse urine, why you got to give me a hassle for liking some variety?

FYI: usually, when a porter or stout bills itself as "chocolate," that refers to the color of the roasted malt they used, not necessarily the flavor.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it'll stand up a spoon, count me out, I don't like chewing my beer.

If it tastes remotely of anything other than beer, count me out.

Don't pass me a Corona with a gay little lime wedge stuck in the top.

Just beer me Marge.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flavored beers are gross.

i don't criticize anybody for not drinking certain drinks, particularly when it comes to wine.

but if you don't like stouts, i question your general virility.
+10 on the avatar

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know of any craft stores east of the passes, but ask around. Bale Breaker is a great newer brewery from Yakima too. Their Pale and IPA are really good, and they're in cans too, which is nice.
I got some of the Vanilla Oatis. It was $3.99 at Yokes.

No way I'll be able to wait until the weekend to try it.

Also got this because it sounded amazing:
hazelnut-brown-nectar.jpg

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't drink much Rogue anymore but I used to love that Hazelnut Brown back in the day. It's tasty.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found a chocolate stout from Shiner here in Texas called "Birthday Beer" that is very nice. Would love to try that Fremont B-Bomb but doubt I can find it anywhere around here

Actually just had one last night. Today's my bday. Hated it, but again it's because I hate flavored beer. I could see where someone would like it, just not me.

By the way, I got it here in PA at a Weise markets that sells singles.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, label me a snob but keep all those fruity ass flavors out of my beer. Beer should be flavored with varying amounts of hops and barley and brewing techniques.

Shove all the chocolate porters and raspberry, lime, and cherry bullshit up your ass. I hate it.

So you're calling me a hipster for ONLY drinking cinnamon oatmeal pumpkin spice latte ale? FUCK YOU, dude! :D

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which...

anyone had that Banana Bread Belgian? My wife ordered one (I swear it wasn't me) and it was surprisingly good.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen brother.

One of my buddy's has switched to Bud Light Clamato. Talk about nasty.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just stick with the undisputed king of beers. Budweiser has never done me wrong, or thinned my wallet.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't drink much Rogue anymore but I used to love that Hazelnut Brown back in the day. It's tasty.
I ended up drinking it last night, too. It was good, but I like the double chocolate better.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually just had one last night. Today's my bday. Hated it, but again it's because I hate flavored beer. I could see where someone would like it, just not me.

By the way, I got it here in PA at a Weise markets that sells singles.

Happy birthday, Deano! What is this, 12? 14?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they do taste good they give me gut rot after having more than 2.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they do taste good they give me gut rot after having more than 2.

I don't like a fru-fru beer just for the sake of it being fru-fru, they have to actually taste good. I love those Lambics but they're so expensive.

Ommegang makes this line of belgian-inspired brews with Game Of Thrones names on them. They sound good but cost like the dickens and then when you drink one, you're just like, "meh." Sometimes when I'm in the beer aisle, I'll take 45 minutes to inspect everything before I just grab a sixer of Sierra Nevada Porter. I know I'm always going to like those, like Chewbaccer is always going to like his Budweiser.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like a fru-fru beer just for the sake of it being fru-fru, they have to actually taste good. I love those Lambics but they're so expensive.

Ommegang makes this line of belgian-inspired brews with Game Of Thrones names on them. They sound good but cost like the dickens and then when you drink one, you're just like, "meh." Sometimes when I'm in the beer aisle, I'll take 45 minutes to inspect everything before I just grab a sixer of Sierra Nevada Porter. I know I'm always going to like those, like Chewbaccer is always going to like his Budweiser.
I'm always open to trying new beers. When I go to the store I try and make it a point to try something I haven't had before.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always open to trying new beers. When I go to the store I try and make it a point to try something I haven't had before.

Yep. I really wish that there was a store close to me that would let you mix and match six packs. I found one, but it's on t'other side of Astoria and I'd have to lug it home on the bus or drive there, making it cost even more. The stores within walking distance of home have pretty good selections, they just don't let you mix.