• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Five Teams will need 7 Wins to be Bowl Eligible

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always some every year.

The first 3 are Hawaii, Navy and Rice. They each play 13 regular season games. Hawaii
is always allowed a 13th game. Any of their opponents who play at Hawaii can add a 13th
game if they wish. Navy and Rice exercised that option.

The other two will "probably" need 7 wins because they each play two games vs FCS schools.

To be bowl eligible with 6 wins, 5 of the wins must be against FBS schools. Thus if you have
2 FCS schools on the schedule and beat both of those teams you'll need a 7th win.

If you lose to one of the FCS schools and get 6 wins, you are eligible.

The two teams with two FCS teams on the schedule are Army and Florida.

If Florida fell short they would probably ask for a waiver, saying that Idaho was an FBS
school when the game was scheduled. (Course Idaho announced they were moving back to 1-AA
3 years ago thus they had plenty of time to schedule another game)

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for football again.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always some every year.

The first 3 are Hawaii, Navy and Rice. They each play 13 regular season games. Hawaii
is always allowed a 13th game. Any of their opponents who play at Hawaii can add a 13th
game if they wish. Navy and Rice exercised that option.

The other two will "probably" need 7 wins because they each play two games vs FCS schools.

To be bowl eligible with 6 wins, 5 of the wins must be against FBS schools. Thus if you have
2 FCS schools on the schedule and beat both of those teams you'll need a 7th win.

If you lose to one of the FCS schools and get 6 wins, you are eligible.

The two teams with two FCS teams on the schedule are Army and Florida.

If Florida fell short they would probably ask for a waiver, saying that Idaho was an FBS
school when the game was scheduled. (Course Idaho announced they were moving back to 1-AA
Unless Hawaii plays 2 FCS team that rule shouldn’t apply. UCLA played in a conferenced title at 6-6, lost, and played in a bowl game.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Hawaii plays 2 FCS team that rule shouldn’t apply. UCLA played in a conferenced title at 6-6, lost, and played in a bowl game.
Had UCLA won the CCG that year, it would have provided the best example against granting conference champions auto bids in a hypothetical 8 team playoff. Those imbalanced conference divisions have the potential to put a relatively shitty team in the CCG sometimes.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any team that needs to go to a bowl game that hasn't won the correct amount of games will be given a waiver by the NCAA. Nobody will be denied.
We need to fill up all those bowl spots.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years to find another FBS opponent isn’t nearly long enough and you have to find someone willing to nut up to play a team from that mighty conference which is impossible.

-a certain Washington fan’s logic.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any team that needs to go to a bowl game that hasn't won the correct amount of games will be given a waiver by the NCAA. Nobody will be denied.
Come on ooym....get with the "errrryyboddddyyyyy" gets a trophy man!

Once there are enough bowl games to accomodate all 130 FBS teams, my Miners will finally get to go to one. If my West Texas arithmetic is correct, that number is 65 bowls. Just 20 something more needed and "errryyboddddyyy" will get a trophy.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All about that paper.
giphy.gif

(In an off topic note, Jerry Maguire is a mediocre run in the mill chick flick.)

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rule at the time (and still may be) is that division champions are bowl eligible even if they have more than six losses.

Hell, North Texas went 5-6 in 2001 but won the Sun Belt because of holding a tiebreaker with Middle Tennessee and played in the New Orleans Bowl. They lost it and finished 5-7

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you, bud?
Old and cranky....at least according to my wife, daughters and grandkids. Kind of like Henry Fonda's character in the movie On Golden Pond.
OnGoldenPond.jpeg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old and cranky....at least according to my wife, daughters and grandkids. Kind of like Henry Fonda's character in the movie On Golden Pond.
OnGoldenPond.jpeg

You're winning the battle.

Quick update on me and my life:

Working hard, dating my long-time GF (on and off for 15 years).....son turned 19 recently.

Dad joined Match.com a few months ago, went on 4 dates in like 4 dates, met a lady and has been datung her exlusively for 5-6 weeks.

Meh, he'll be 78 in Decemeber and Checky (his dog) doesn't give him a lot of convo's so happy for him. Just kind of weird that he's dating after him and mom being married 50-plus years before she passed away.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\Pretty sure that year USC actually had a better conference record but was in a bowl ban and not allowed to play in the CCG. So it's not the norm.
And you get an extra game if you play @ Hawaii I'm pretty sure. If you have them at home you don't get an extra game.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the UCLA game was not scheduled.

Hawaii always has to have 7 wins, IF they opt for the 13 game
schedule. (They don't always play 13 anymore)

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years to find another FBS opponent isn’t nearly long enough and you have to find someone willing to nut up to play a team from that mighty conference which is impossible.

-a certain Washington fan’s logic.

You last sentence suggests that your paragraph is sarcastic...right?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, he'll be 78 in Decemeber and Checky (his dog) doesn't give him a lot of convo's so happy for him. Just kind of weird that he's dating after him and mom being married 50-plus years before she passed away.
My dad is 88 and still chasing old ladies! Unfortunately, he's had to bury both my mom and a second wife as well. But, he's still on this side of the dirt! Hell, he'll probably outlive me!

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad is 88 and still chasing old ladies! Unfortunately, he's had to bury both my mom and a second wife as well. But, he's still on this side of the dirt! Hell, he'll probably outlive me!

My Great-Grandma was 105 when she died. Luckily...they were able
to save the baby.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Great-Grandma was 105 when she died. Luckily...they were able
to save the baby.
Great grandpa died @99 2 days before his hundredth birthday.