• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Five Bears with the most to prove in 2018

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just doesn’t want to get into a stupid argument with you over something that doesn’t matter. I would equate debating football with you to stabbing yourself in the eye with an ice pick. I don’t want to do either and there’s no purpose to it either.

A) I was joking, thought that was obvious with the Rodney line. Perhaps I should have made that more clear.

B) Well, that was out of left field. lol. We were doing so well on this board. You're the one getting combative here. It's true that I have been overbearing, over opinionated, obnoxious... etc... over the years. This narrative is on point and fair. However, I think it's a two way street and you guys can also be absurdly sensitive.

Look back over the posts and all I did was discuss a topic which I didn't even bring up. I never took a personal shot, at anyone. I strictly talked Watson/Trubisky by the numbers and if anything... you could say the personal shots were the other way around. The only rebuttals I got were a mocking of my opinion, while I spit out numbers and data.

Perhaps you could point out where I went wrong in this thread :noidea: I think it feels like I'm jamming an ice pick in your eyes, because I'm debating a point you had never considered. Suddenly, you have no facts to back up a thought you always took for granted. So, you're frustrated. Just a theory.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) I was joking, thought that was obvious with the Rodney line. Perhaps I should have made that more clear.

B) Well, that was out of left field. lol. We were doing so well on this board. You're the one getting combative here. It's true that I have been overbearing, over opinionated, obnoxious... etc... over the years. This narrative is on point and fair. However, I think it's a two way street and you guys can also be absurdly sensitive.

Look back over the posts and all I did was discuss a topic which I didn't even bring up. I never took a personal shot, at anyone. I strictly talked Watson/Trubisky by the numbers and if anything... you could say the personal shots were the other way around. The only rebuttals I got were a mocking of my opinion, while I spit out numbers and data.

Perhaps you could point out where I went wrong in this thread :noidea: I think it feels like I'm jamming an ice pick in your eyes, because I'm debating a point you had never considered. Suddenly, you have no facts to back up a thought you always took for granted. So, you're frustrated. Just a theory.

Richi's outline:

1. Make some long winded nonsensical post that no one will ever read in it's entirety.
2. Accuse other person of meltdown (or some variation of that) in an attempt hide his own raging anger and frustration that he's not winning. <-- We are now here.
3. (Optionally) Proudly accuse person of straw man tactics (because richi is very proud he knows what straw man is) -- loop x number of times.
4. Declare victory.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You may be half right, but you drive your opinions almost 100% based on stats. There is some validity in stats, but sometimes you use these stats to push an opinion that just isn’t true. That’s the case in this Trubisky/Watson year 1 debate. I think Trubisky will be the better QB in the long run, but Watson’s year one was better. No question.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be half right, but you drive your opinions almost 100% based on stats. There is some validity in stats, but sometimes you use these stats to push an opinion that just isn’t true. That’s the case in this Trubisky/Watson year 1 debate. I think Trubisky will be the better QB in the long run, but Watson’s year one was better. No question.

And I'm still not sure why this is even debatable.........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm still not sure why this is even debatable.........

It’s only debatable to idiot richi and his his bag of magical stats. lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm siding with Richig. Watson's great rookie season was fantasy great but football bad. It became very clear why we picked Trubs over him. Watson came into this league ready to go day one and Mitch needs time to groom but for me it's pretty clear Trubs has a ceiling that Watson does not. It may take one or two more years before the rest of the world catches on. Watson is never gonna be a true NFL QB. I believe Trubs will be elite one day.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm siding with Richig. Watson's great rookie season was fantasy great but football bad. It became very clear why we picked Trubs over him. Watson came into this league ready to go day one and Mitch needs time to groom but for me it's pretty clear Trubs has a ceiling that Watson does not. It may take one or two more years before the rest of the world catches on. Watson is never gonna be a true NFL QB. I believe Trubs will be elite one day.
The debate is not who’s going to be better. The debate is who had a better year last year. Watson showed he can put a lot of points on the board. Trubisky showed he can be a game manager for a losing squad. It’s not telling of how good Watson was, it’s telling of how bad rookie QBs were last year. I agree that Trubisky will probably have a much better career, but year one clearly goes to Watson.