• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Five Bears with the most to prove in 2018

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the five names mentioned in the linked article. I disagree with at some of them.

Five Bears with the most to prove in 2018

They have Leno on this list but not Massie, who BTW is in his walk year. Leno has shown remarkable consistency and while Massie perhaps had his best year in '17 to date, he's still in prove-it mode. It's not so much that I disagree about Robinson. After all, he has this monster of a contract even tho he hasn't played meaningful football since last September. But how can anyone not place Kevin White on such a list? I'm not sure there's anyone on the roster who has more to prove than does White.

Lastly, I'd replace Goldman with Bullard. No one is questioning Goldman's play on the field. Next to Hicks, he's our most dominant defensive lineman. The one argument of course can be medical-related. Can we count on him for 16 games. But as far as having anything to prove, I'd say Bullard is that candidate. Every year he's one of the best performers in camp, but once the games commence, he seems to melt into the background.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was personally puzzled as to why we didn't give Bullard more snaps last year. Especially considering how dominant he was in camp. Hard to capitalize without opportunity.

I agree that Goldman needs to prove he can stay on the field. As do a handful of others. We have a brand new head trainer and training staff. I am sure they were hired with the idea of "injury prevention" rather high up on the list of priorities.

Goldman has flashes of a young Tommie Harris when he's healthy and on the field. However, that's only been in short bursts here and there. A big part of getting into a rhythm as a player is being out there in practice and games consistently for an extended period of time.

I can live with us falling short due to a lack of talent this season. Watching us get decimated by injuries and be left wondering "what if?" again this season... it'd be tough. Especially under this new regime with so many positive vibes swirling.

Dear football Gods, just give my team health. All I ask...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was personally puzzled as to why we didn't give Bullard more snaps last year. Especially considering how dominant he was in camp. Hard to capitalize without opportunity.

I agree that Goldman needs to prove he can stay on the field. As do a handful of others. We have a brand new head trainer and training staff. I am sure they were hired with the idea of "injury prevention" rather high up on the list of priorities.

Goldman has flashes of a young Tommie Harris when he's healthy and on the field. However, that's only been in short bursts here and there. A big part of getting into a rhythm as a player is being out there in practice and games consistently for an extended period of time.

I can live with us falling short due to a lack of talent this season. Watching us get decimated by injuries and be left wondering "what if?" again this season... it'd be tough. Especially under this new regime with so much positivity swirling.

Dear football Gods, just give my team health. All I ask...

Goldman has got Harris by 30 + lbs. He is a better run defender than Harris IMO, but is not as good of a pass rusher. He is a disruptive force in there tho. I guarantee Hicks likes playing next to him.

I agree with LSD's (insert Butthead laugh here) take on the article. I actually think Long has the most to prove tho. He has been a big nothing-burger the last couple of years, and when he did play, he played bad, and was dumb. He needs to revert back to Pro-Bowl form and stay healthy.

White is the most obvious, IMO.

Floyd needs to prove he can play more than 4 games without significantly injuring himself and hold his own consistently against the run. Prolly needs to bulk up a little.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldman has got Harris by 30 + lbs. He is a better run defender than Harris IMO, but is not as good of a pass rusher. He is a disruptive force in there tho. I guarantee Hicks likes playing next to him.

I agree with LSD's (insert Butthead laugh here) take on the article. I actually think Long has the most to prove tho. He has been a big nothing-burger the last couple of years, and when he did play, he played bad, and was dumb. He needs to revert back to Pro-Bowl form and stay healthy.

White is the most obvious, IMO.

Floyd needs to prove he can play more than 4 games without significantly injuring himself and hold his own consistently against the run. Prolly needs to bulk up a little.

Yeah, I saw in an interview that he's focusing really hard on his weight training.

And yes... I admire Long for wanting to play, but he's played through some brutal injuries and it has actually hurt the O-line.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw in an interview that he's focusing really hard on his weight training.

And yes... I admire Long for wanting to play, but he's played through some brutal injuries and it has actually hurt the O-line.

He's a fucking hothead, which can work to yer benefit when yer healthy, but not so much when you can't dominate cuz of injuries.

He's got to get healthy and stay healthy. This is a big year for him IMO,,, ANother injury-ravaged year, and it could be time to move on.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trubisky should be on that list...….We got duped by the 9ers(as they say) into getting this guy....Although he was a rookie last season and he never really had the chance to accel as the season went on,nor did he even have the play makers to accel,the team went out to and got him what he needs for this season tio have a better year.
He should be able to come out and make the plays that say hey Chicago i am here to stay...…..Forget what the critics say about the trade,Pace made a wise choice by trading up to get me...….

yeah so what he played veryt little in college and all,but hey,if he wants us to forget the trade,he need to show some bigger strides compared to last season after everything they got for him...…….

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Kevin White is not on this I don't know. White should be the poster boy for this.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trubisky should be on that list...….We got duped by the 9ers(as they say) into getting this guy....Although he was a rookie last season and he never really had the chance to accel as the season went on,nor did he even have the play makers to accel,the team went out to and got him what he needs for this season tio have a better year.
He should be able to come out and make the plays that say hey Chicago i am here to stay...…..Forget what the critics say about the trade,Pace made a wise choice by trading up to get me...….

yeah so what he played veryt little in college and all,but hey,if he wants us to forget the trade,he need to show some bigger strides compared to last season after everything they got for him...…….

We played the Niners in that trade from every angle I can see. Solomon Thomas was downright poor last year, Trubisky looks like he COULD be a franchise QB and we also won from a charted points per pick standpoint as well. Therefore, I have no idea what you are speaking of.

Also, I can't say that I'm sure how the Niners tricked us into desiring Trubisky either. lol. Which is another point the bolded sentence seems to imply.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, unless someone from the 49ers mgmt ever openly quotes on record how they how they took advantage of Pace, we may never know. Was there another team (I'm thinking the Browns here, Trub's home team) asking about trading down with the idea of taking him? I've never read that. Maybe so, maybe not. I seem to recall from that fair value trade chart, it was pretty even, altho I never really put too much stock in those things.

Let's put it this way, if Trubisky turns out to be a solid QB for this team, which I fully expect he will, then the trade will have been way more than worth it, almost immeasurably. If not, then perhaps it will be fair to say we were duped.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 with the most to prove?

1. Trubisky
2. White (I agree with bs)
3. Shaheen
4. Bullard
5. Floyd

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid to have Trubisky on the list. The most to prove? He's a second year QB with a new coaching staff, a new offensive system and WRs and lets not forget he barely played in college. He'll get a pass no matter what he does this year. Next year, he should be on the list.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid to have Trubisky on the list. The most to prove? He's a second year QB with a new coaching staff, a new offensive system and WRs and lets not forget he barely played in college. He'll get a pass no matter what he does this year. Next year, he should be on the list.
Everyone seems to have Trubisky rated as the third best qb from that draft class at he moment. I do think he has to prove he’s at least better than Mahomes. Clearly, his job is pretty safe for next year, but he’s got to prove he was worth trading up for.

Either way, it’s a stupid list with a broad definition. Anything you put down for it is stupid. The fact you point out one option is stupid is actually more stupid than player you could’ve listed. However, we all know you are stupid, so it’s kind of par for the course at this point.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB's take 3 years to properly develop. I still believe he should be put on the list this season and then next year as well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to have Trubisky rated as the third best qb from that draft class at he moment. I do think he has to prove he’s at least better than Mahomes. Clearly, his job is pretty safe for next year, but he’s got to prove he was worth trading up for.

Either way, it’s a stupid list with a broad definition. Anything you put down for it is stupid. The fact you point out one option is stupid is actually more stupid than player you could’ve listed. However, we all know you are stupid, so it’s kind of par for the course at this point.

PFF and Football Outsiders ranked Trubisky ahead of Watson/MaHomes. I think both even ranked him in the top half of QB's based on last season's performance.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, unless someone from the 49ers mgmt ever openly quotes on record how they how they took advantage of Pace, we may never know. Was there another team (I'm thinking the Browns here, Trub's home team) asking about trading down with the idea of taking him? I've never read that. Maybe so, maybe not. I seem to recall from that fair value trade chart, it was pretty even, altho I never really put too much stock in those things.

Let's put it this way, if Trubisky turns out to be a solid QB for this team, which I fully expect he will, then the trade will have been way more than worth it, almost immeasurably. If not, then perhaps it will be fair to say we were duped.

Both Kansas City and Cleveland were calling to move up for Trubisky.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And neither team actually did...

Point being? Of course they didn't. The Bears won the bidding war. The Bears also kept teams on the phone, convincing them that they were looking to trade back. While negotiating their own trade up.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played the Niners in that trade from every angle I can see. Solomon Thomas was downright poor last year, Trubisky looks like he COULD be a franchise QB and we also won from a charted points per pick standpoint as well. Therefore, I have no idea what you are speaking of.

Also, I can't say that I'm sure how the Niners tricked us into desiring Trubisky either. lol. Which is another point the bolded sentence seems to imply.

That's all due to what pundits were saying when the trade happened...…..I`m with you,if that's what it took for us to get a franchise qb and Trubisky proves the doubters wrong,hey it was helluva trade.....which I`m leaning at right now.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's take 3 years to properly develop. I still believe he should be put on the list this season and then next year as well.

Exactly. His 3rd year will be important. But to rank Trubisky #1 in most to prove this year shows how stupid some people here are.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allow the genius to add intelligence to an otherwise retarded thread by retarded participants regarding Trubisky and the niners trade:

* Pace wanted Trubisky badly. He was not duped into trading up 1 spot. Pace was willing to do whatever to get Trubisky. This is very clear. Trubisky was the #1 target by the Pace. Pace wanted Trubisky so badly, he told no one. Pace was desperately scared if the word got out, he could lose Trubisky by getting into a bidding war for the niners pick.

* Having said that, Pace overpaid, but this is something Pace was willing to do because he believed in Trubs that much.

* No one knows what other teams were involved, what these teams offered (or didn't offer) to the niners, what these teams offered or didn't offer the Bears. We also don't know what the niners said to Pace or any other team. So ignore all comments in this thread saying otherwise.

End of thread.