• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisk hit the HR, but the Reds won the Series

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And really, that's all I got left. Everyone remembers Fisk waving the Sox to a game 6 win in '75, but usually forget that the Reds went on to win the series, in Boston.

Last night was the worst gutpunch I've ever taken in sports. Obscenities were hurled, objects were thrown, a lamp was even broken, and yes, tears were shed. I am emotionally empty and spent. I have no more venom to spew. Everyone screwed up last night, and it cost Texas its most precious game in the Series.

But they do live for one more day. If they lose tonight, I fear I may never come to terms with what transpired last night, and never really get over it. I can nitpick the loss a hundred different ways, and it won't matter.

I have no confidence at all in a win tonight. In fact, I think we get beaten soundly. Luckily, it doesn't matter what I think.

So here's to a game 7 win. It can be done. There. I said it.

ashcan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The "Catch, the Mavs getting screwed by the NBA, and the Golden State debacle are my three worst gutshots.
The difference between those I mentioned and last night is that we still have a chance.