• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First round RBs......who I am not drafting

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott........I really don't have a solid reason for it other than the fact his production keeps the cowboys winning and in the merry go round NFC East, it's a hard division to maintain consistent fantasy production. And teams are going to zero in on him just like they did Morris, Gurley, and CJ2K the year after their big seasons. Elliott is more elite than all of them(except maybe Gurley) but his numbers are going to regress. So it's not so much the fear of injury(as I have a plan for this) as it is the lack of production I fear. In fact after week 10 last year, his numbers started to dwindle until fantasy playoffs.

Ajayi........this one is a bigger reason. He's actually a late first/early 2nd. But take a closer look at his numbers last year. He had a three week span of 150-300 yards rushing per game. After that, not even close until week 16 at Buffalo when Matt Moore was the QB. He even did not go off against the run defense every other RB went off against last year in SF. Now I hear Tanny has no chemistry with JT. Tanny has no chemistry with anyone who should have more control than him in fact. I don't trust anything on a team with Ryan Tannehill, the NFL's most overrated and overfed QB in the entire league. Ajayi's ADP is also due to a thin group of RBs who are clear starters forcing you to pay up. He is a RB 2 to me.

DJ is my clear first choice, followed by Bell in which I can draft his backup easily. Then McCoy, followed by Murray(which I hope it does not come down to and I would probably go OBJ or Brown over him) and then Fournette, who is second round but I will take first if those are gone+Brown/OBJ.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ajayi is going 12th on average btw, not a first rounder

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott........I really don't have a solid reason for it other than the fact his production keeps the cowboys winning and in the merry go round NFC East, it's a hard division to maintain consistent fantasy production. And teams are going to zero in on him just like they did Morris, Gurley, and CJ2K the year after their big seasons. Elliott is more elite than all of them(except maybe Gurley) but his numbers are going to regress. So it's not so much the fear of injury(as I have a plan for this) as it is the lack of production I fear. In fact after week 10 last year, his numbers started to dwindle until fantasy playoffs.

Ajayi........this one is a bigger reason. He's actually a late first/early 2nd. But take a closer look at his numbers last year. He had a three week span of 150-300 yards rushing per game. After that, not even close until week 16 at Buffalo when Matt Moore was the QB. He even did not go off against the run defense every other RB went off against last year in SF. Now I hear Tanny has no chemistry with JT. Tanny has no chemistry with anyone who should have more control than him in fact. I don't trust anything on a team with Ryan Tannehill, the NFL's most overrated and overfed QB in the entire league. Ajayi's ADP is also due to a thin group of RBs who are clear starters forcing you to pay up. He is a RB 2 to me.

DJ is my clear first choice, followed by Bell in which I can draft his backup easily. Then McCoy, followed by Murray(which I hope it does not come down to and I would probably go OBJ or Brown over him) and then Fournette, who is second round but I will take first if those are gone+Brown/OBJ.
Probably sound like a homer here but jay ajayi I believe is heavily under valued. He lead the league in yards after contact. Had three two hundred games which in itself is pretty rare. In fact the list of 200 yard games is pretty short. Peterson I believe leads everyone with 6 and Barry Sanders him brown guys like that have 5 I believe. It them their whole career to get them and ajayi basically got half that amount in a shortened season no less. Add to the fact that he should have more catches and will be a true 3 down back I would say people are seriously unaware of who this guy is.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been trying to bite my tongue on him but oh well now everyone knows I love him

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Foot - I just have a gut feeling that he will not do well this season. For your sake I hope I am wrong.. I would not be surprised if I have him in a league however

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably sound like a homer here but jay ajayi I believe is heavily under valued. He lead the league in yards after contact. Had three two hundred games which in itself is pretty rare. In fact the list of 200 yard games is pretty short. Peterson I believe leads everyone with 6 and Barry Sanders him brown guys like that have 5 I believe. It them their whole career to get them and ajayi basically got half that amount in a shortened season no less. Add to the fact that he should have more catches and will be a true 3 down back I would say people are seriously unaware of who this guy is.
he really struggled against better d's and made alot of his yards on those 200 yarders

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had three two hundred games which in itself is pretty rare. In fact the list of 200 yard games is pretty short.
I think that's a valid point.
Since 1950 there have been 144 RB with 200 yards rushing or more.
There's been some pretty bad defenses over the years.
But to allow 3 in one season? Several players did have 2 in a season.
There's a reason I'm rostering both his backups in dynasty.
To me, his backups are another reason Ajayi may be leaned on heavily.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be the one person around here who might be higher on him than me, but, undervalued with an ADP of 12? I love the guy but I'm already hesitant drafting him in that area

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be the one person around here who might be higher on him than me, but, undervalued with an ADP of 12? I love the guy but I'm already hesitant drafting him in that area

Love Ajayi ability and the situation he's in, but.....he did come out of college with a knee that was suspect . That makes me very nervous about his long term outlook, even his short term outlook TBO. However until that injury happens he should be a stud.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Ajayi ability and the situation he's in, but.....he did come out of college with a knee that was suspect . That makes me very nervous about his long term outlook, even his short term outlook TBO. However until that injury happens he should be a stud.
im still leery of those really bad games against better teams

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been trying to bite my tongue on him but oh well now everyone knows I love him
Don't draft him!! If you do, he will get hurt. That is a fact of fantasy football. I have encountered this with both Jemichael Finley and Ryan Grant as a Packer fan. Both got hurt in the first three weeks.

I would not draft Aaron Rodgers if he was still available in the six round at this point. Not fucking with the football Gods.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still worry about Ajayi's knees. Can he hold up?

Dallas will have a regression year but Elliott is still going to get his.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep yep. I'm witcha on this.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what happened last year with him? He wasn't a three down back?