• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Quarter - 3-1 with Three Games at Home. Second Quarter?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now know the history of the first 1/4 of the season when we had 3 games at home. 3-1

Now we have the second quarter of the season with 3 games on the road to even out our home and away schedule. What do you think?

Giants at home
At Chargers
At Chiefs
At Philly

We SHOULD win the first two to be at 5-1. That would make the game at Arrowhead huge. And Philly is now 3-1, so not an easy game there. If we could sneak a win in one of those two road games and be 6-2 at the midway point that would be awesome.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite me voicing some disappointment in the game yesterday I do think we're a better team overall this year. Last year the bottom fell out after a 4-0 start. This year the team has a better feel to it all around. I guess stopping the run and being able to run will go a long way toward making over a team from one season to the next.

The next quarter of the season is huge because it features 2 AFC west road games in back to back weeks. If I'm not mistaken the Chiefs will have extra time too because they'll be coming off a TNF appearance. It's going to be hard to win both of those games and despite the Chargers currently sitting at 0-4 I'm convinced it's gonna be hard to split those 2!

They definitely need to hold serve at home against the Giants. Coming off a bye and facing a team that is anemic on offense and can be had on defense, the Broncos need to win that one.

As for the Eagles game...they look solid but 3 weeks from now the entire league can have a completely different dynamic. We may get to the end of this 4 game stretch and at the end say it wasn't as bad as it looked going in!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows . Could easily go 1-3 if they score 16 points on the road. Even Philip will probably score more than 16 though the Charger game will be a road game for both teams.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows . Could easily go 1-3 if they score 16 points on the road. Even Philip will probably score more than 16 though the Charger game will be a road game for both teams.

Naturally. But I'll give the Bills some credit, especially since they followed up last week's game with a 17 point performance against the high powered Falcons in their house. They forced the Broncos offense into mistakes and took them off their game. That defense is pretty good. I was disappointed with their performance either way, but not nearly as disappointed as I was with the unit yesterday. I just thought they'd be able to exploit that Raiders defense for more than 16 points. Technically they did but our highly paid kicker spotted them 3 back.

Going forward I think we'll see this level off somewhere in the 20s. With this defense most weeks all the offense needs is 23 or 24 points. That's one score more than yesterday's performance so it's not like they're so far from where they need to be the situation is hopeless.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally. But I'll give the Bills some credit, especially since they followed up last week's game with a 17 point performance against the high powered Falcons in their house. They forced the Broncos offense into mistakes and took them off their game. That defense is pretty good. I was disappointed with their performance either way, but not nearly as disappointed as I was with the unit yesterday. I just thought they'd be able to exploit that Raiders defense for more than 16 points. Technically they did but our highly paid kicker spotted them 3 back.

Going forward I think we'll see this level off somewhere in the 20s. With this defense most weeks all the offense needs is 23 or 24 points. That's one score more than yesterday's performance so it's not like they're so far from where they need to be the situation is hopeless.

Denver goes 12-4 , 13-3 if their offense can hit 24 every game.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect them to win against the Giants and the Chargers. I would not be surprised to see them lose against Philly and/or @KC.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an observation but just having watched a couple of Rams games this year not impressed with the work of Wade Phillips so far. That unit looks very lost and has a lot of miscommunication. I expect it to get better as the year progresses but I don't think the Broncos miss Wade Phillips as much as some thought.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the positive for the Rams. Goff looks so much better.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow i totally missed this thread before... and made my own. sorry!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense needs to pick it up. I think the offense has been productive, but not deadly. I do not understand the Red Zone TD problem - if the Broncos get that fixed - it will change the dynamic of all the remaining games. Run and pass Defense - is top. When Shane Ray returns - the pass rush will churn up a notch and that will help.

I think Siemain has shown admirable ability to learn and become more confident with each start (some ups and downs - of course).

I think the Broncos will get better as the season goes on. The next 4 games are a good challenge to this team. I will be very happy with 3-1 and not too surprised or disturbed if 2-2 - a collapse will - predictably - send me into a depressive state.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the positive for the Rams. Goff looks so much better.

I for one am shocked at how much better Goff looks this year. I've watched a couple Rams games, and he looks very, very poised, he's making good reads and his medium and deep balls are hella accurate. Gurley surely makes life easier for him, but if he keeps up his level of play then the Rams can really make some noise IMO.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah night and day difference. I was always a fan of Goff in terms of a personal level. But wasn't sure quite what he would be in the NFL. Glad he has gone in the right direction thus far.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff was thrown to the wolves last year and they didn't care if he passed or failed he was gonna learn, and as we see it's worked so far for the Rams this year. Eagles did the same with Wentz. Sounds like something we should try with Paxton. Not saying he will develop as quickly as Goff since he was more raw but he can't learn the game riding the bench.

We spent a 1st round pick on him we need to at least let him fail for a few games to see if he gets better. He can't get anything going when he knows he's gonna get pulled in 2 weeks when Siemian comes back(talking last year).

In our next 7 games if we don't go 4-3 or better I say give Paxton the final 5 games and see how he does, we have to know what we have in him, good or bad, but sitting him on the bench isn't the answer.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to the Rams they didn't exactly throw Goff to the wolves. He didn't start from day 1. They gave him some time and then when they had to they turned to him.

Goff did a complete 360. Lynch went backwards. Way different in evaluating the two. You never want to see your first rd 2nd year QB look worse in year two then he already did in year 1.

I am not totally giving up on Lynch but I don't have a good feeling about him at all and then the injury takes away from crucial developmental time for him.

Goff did what you hope for in a rookie to 2nd year QB. He climbed a large ladder.

Our team isn't set up to just throw someone to the wolves. We have way too good of a supporting cast to win now. You have to go with the best QB, and not that Siemian is lighting it up but he was clearly the better QB of the two which shows you just how bad Lynch was.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff was thrown to the wolves last year and they didn't care if he passed or failed he was gonna learn, and as we see it's worked so far for the Rams this year. Eagles did the same with Wentz. Sounds like something we should try with Paxton. Not saying he will develop as quickly as Goff since he was more raw but he can't learn the game riding the bench.

We spent a 1st round pick on him we need to at least let him fail for a few games to see if he gets better. He can't get anything going when he knows he's gonna get pulled in 2 weeks when Siemian comes back(talking last year).

In our next 7 games if we don't go 4-3 or better I say give Paxton the final 5 games and see how he does, we have to know what we have in him, good or bad, but sitting him on the bench isn't the answer.

Pax is likely gonna be put on IR for season. SHoulder injury was decently serious i was told. More likely we ride it out or see Brock lol

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next quarter may define who Trevor is. 4-4 maybe 3-5 on the road is necessary to make the playoffs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pax is likely gonna be put on IR for season. SHoulder injury was decently serious i was told. More likely we ride it out or see Brock lol

I am surprised we didn't put him on IR after we re-signed Osweiler to be honest. He didn't appear anywhere near ready this year and I figured we would store him on IR like we did Carlos Henderson. Give him one more shot in camp next year although I think it will be tough for him because I think Elway doesn't play around with the QB situation this off-season.