• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First pick mock

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_0006.jpg

I do these from time to time on the first pick site, not sure why this one graded so lowly except for the offensive line factor. At no point in the draft did I see an OL worth where I was picking and took a better overall player at each spot. Obviously take these with a grain of salt, I don't expect Scott to be available in round 5 of the real draft.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 153885

I do these from time to time on the first pick site, not sure why this one graded so lowly except for the offensive line factor. At no point in the draft did I see an OL worth where I was picking and took a better overall player at each spot. Obviously take these with a grain of salt, I don't expect Scott to be available in round 5 of the real draft.
How did Garrett slip so far? He's going first.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The site takes info from other people who do mocks on there, I believe, and the first pick was a corner then a wide receiver. It's all obviously just a "game" but it's entertaining to see who might be there and what might be available at each pick

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw either Kiper or McShay's mock flashing across the bottom line on ESPN the other day, and it had us taking Jonathan Allen. Would not mind that one bit.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still having a hard time imagining a scenario that doesn't have the Bears picking a QB at #3. Like wise, to help my imagination out, I can't see Garrett dropping to 3.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still having a hard time imagining a scenario that doesn't have the Bears picking a QB at #3. Like wise, to help my imagination out, I can't see Garrett dropping to 3.

Well, I can certainly think of two possible scenarios.

A)

Cleveland: Trubisky
San Fran: Watson

B)

Cleveland: Watson
San Fran: Trubisky

Two scenarios that are very much still in play, to my knowledge. You know what else? I hope it happens. I do not want to to reach for a QB sitting at #3 overall, that would be borderline 1st/2nd round in any competent QB class.

If either of the above scenarios play out, in my mind... we basically would have the true #1 overall pick. I hope both teams f up, and not us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I can certainly think of two possible scenarios.
A. FA QB with mid round development QB.
B. Trade for Jimmy G or McCarrin plus mid round QB for development. Me I want McCarrin and then use our first on Hooker.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, those are two very possible options too. I want McCarron as well, if I had to choose. I said this in a thread a while ago, but I just don't know if he's really on the market. I haven't heard anyone even mention the possibility of McCarron being dealt.

I feel like your first option is the most likely of the two. Hoyer or a FA QB, with a 3rd or 4th round QB that has some upside.

Something inside of me, a gut feeling. Really says we reach one of these QB's though... I pray not. If we do, I'll obviously pull for him to be a star. It's not that I am convinced they're going to suck. I'm just UNCONVINCED that they're any good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a swing and a miss better then no swing again. If up to me? McCarrin and draft hooker. Plus yes McCarrin is in the same situation as JG. Established starting QB in front of him, last year of contract. Cinn will lose him for nothing if they don't deal him this season. I here 3 round pick will do, other places say 2nd rd. I like him better then any of the guys coming out and think he can start day one. I don't think any of the rookie are ready. Talented sure.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a swing and a miss better then no swing again. If up to me? McCarrin and draft hooker. Plus yes McCarrin is in the same situation as JG. Established starting QB in front of him, last year of contract. Cinn will lose him for nothing if they don't deal him this season. I here 3 round pick will do, other places say 2nd rd. I like him better then any of the guys coming out and think he can start day one. I don't think any of the rookie are ready. Talented sure.

Well, if he's our future QB. We should all get his name straight. No "i" in the name. "AJ McCarron". Not trying to be a dick, just thought it was funny. lol

On the same token that Cincy could lose for "nothing" next off-season. That also works the other way around, we could get him for "nothing". Except the money, of course. That we'd have to give to him next off-season anyway.

Also, the Bears have been taking "a swing" at many QB's over the years. I think it's more important that we take "The CORRECT" swing, than just "any" swing. I think we should all know that by now... after so many "swings and misses".

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's quite possible Cleveland just wants to take a QB. SF too...

On a side note, I can't believe SF's hiring of John Lynch to be their GM. Really random.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quite possible Cleveland just wants to take a QB. SF too...

On a side note, I can't believe SF's hiring of John Lynch to be their GM. Really random.

The deal seemed to be that Shannahan has been included in the meetings to choose his GM. Make no mistake about it, Shannahan is getting the control of the 53 man roster. It was OK for the 49ers to do something newsworthy at the GM title hiring.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope if they pick their strongest current position with another DT that Fangio runs some 4-3 packages.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else on the board here done one of these? I'm contemplating doing another tonight since it's been a little bit. Would like to compare results

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did another one. Think it was an incredible draft overall.

Your score is: 9308 (GRADE: C+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12 (CLE): Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (B)
Round 1 Pick 18 (TENN): Jabrill Peppers, SS/OLB, Michigan (A)
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 2 Pick 4: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1 (CLE): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 3: Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy (B+)
Round 4 Pick 4: Connor Harris, ILB, Lindenwood (B-)
Round 4 Pick 10: Devonte Fields, OLB/DE, Louisville (A-)
Round 5 Pick 3: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (B+)
Round 7 Pick 3: Amba Etta-Tawo, WR, Syracuse (A)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick

Traded down out of 1.3 because Garrett was gone and Tennessee offered 2 firsts for it. Then at 1.10 with the guy I wanted gone, traded down 2 more spots with Cleveland and gained their 2.1 and 3.1 (seems like a very Cleveland thing to do).

Overall addressed the secondary issue with Jones, Peppers and Jackson. Then grabbed Kizer, an OT and what could be potentially a steal at TE in the 5th. Got a few pash rushers at OLB/DE as well. How would you feel with that draft overall?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These things are stupid. I could mock the first 7 rounds and it would be just as plausible as this gigantic waste of time.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol so you're just a gigantic douche? Got it

Its cool you found something to have some fun with and is interesting to you. I just cannot understand how you get the grades for the picks and the overall is not even an average of the grades. Are they taking points away for trading down? I am guessing that final grade is just making you want to do it over and over.