• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First-Pick.com Mock Draft Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think DBs are more important than a TE.

Agreed. Charles Clay is still on the roster, and with a different offensive game plan could be a useful weapon. The TE class is deep and a talented player could still be had in the 3rd round or later.

FYI: Zach Brown visiting with the Bills today after leaving Oakland and Miami without a contract.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think DBs are more important than a TE.

You're probably right, we do have to come out of this class with a TE at some point though, it's a once in a lifetime TE class

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Charles Clay is still on the roster, and with a different offensive game plan could be a useful weapon. The TE class is deep and a talented player could still be had in the 3rd round or later.

FYI: Zach Brown visiting with the Bills today after leaving Oakland and Miami without a contract.

Hopefully that means we will resign him, it doesn't sound like anyone else is willing to break the bank for him so that means we shouldn't have to either.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully that means we will resign him, it doesn't sound like anyone else is willing to break the bank for him so that means we shouldn't have to either.

Well, he left Buffalo without a contract. Looks like he has cycled back to Oakland, likely with a lower salary requirement this time around.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he left Buffalo without a contract. Looks like he has cycled back to Oakland, likely with a lower salary requirement this time around.

Yep he's not coming back, pretty disappointing blow to a roster that couldn't afford one.

I don't know how we plan on filling all these holes with only 6 picks

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep he's not coming back, pretty disappointing blow to a roster that couldn't afford one.

I agree I would take him over Alexander. Alexander was a one year wonder and we fell for it.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I would take him over Alexander. Alexander was a one year wonder and we fell for it.

I think we needed both, in the 4-3 Alexander is more of a fit on the defensive line, which we lack depth there, but now without Brown we have a hole at one of our linebacker spots

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a dime a dozen. You don't over pay that shit. Linebacker is about more than tackles. We were terrible against the run and terrible at intermediate coverage.

I have 100% faith in McDermott's ability to scout, coach and manage linebackers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a dime a dozen. You don't over pay that shit. Linebacker is about more than tackles. We were terrible against the run and terrible at intermediate coverage.

I have 100% faith in McDermott's ability to scout, coach and manage linebackers.

He was only a starter due to Ragland's injury. With the switch to the 4-3 and Ragland's health, Bills need a WOLB, where he could fit, but he certainly seems to be asking for too much money to still be available.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have preferred to do a one year deal to fill the spot for this year

Simply because we have a lot of needs and only 6 draft picks

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we needed both, in the 4-3 Alexander is more of a fit on the defensive line, which we lack depth there, but now without Brown we have a hole at one of our linebacker spots

I agree and the same thing will happen this year that happened last year. we will need to fill these spots some how so we will wait and wait and sign players on the cheap and next year we will have a bunch of FA. Hopefully they start drafting well. I havent been as critical of Whaley as the rest have and he certainly has done a better job then Brandon or Nix, but he certainly hasnt been perfect, he needs to improve his hit/miss ratio if he wants to stay GM

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and the same thing will happen this year that happened last year. we will need to fill these spots some how so we will wait and wait and sign players on the cheap and next year we will have a bunch of FA. Hopefully they start drafting well. I havent been as critical of Whaley as the rest have and he certainly has done a better job then Brandon or Nix, but he certainly hasnt been perfect, he needs to improve his hit/miss ratio if he wants to stay GM

Other than the 2013 draft (which was just overall horrible for everyone) he has done well with the draft decisions

Some of his personnel decisions haven't been great so far

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the 2013 draft (which was just overall horrible for everyone) he has done well with the draft decisions

Some of his personnel decisions haven't been great so far

Though from all reports he wasnt involved in the Rex decision. I agree though he doesnt seem to be meshing well with the rest of the organization.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't understand your positions on Whaley.... he has not done well with draft selections. Not at all. The Bills are the worst team in the league at retaining/building through draft picks. I'm not making that up. The worst. Add on his terrible personality and treatment of vets, and you have the worst GM in the league.

He must go.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't understand your positions on Whaley.... he has not done well with draft selections. Not at all. The Bills are the worst team in the league at retaining/building through draft picks. I'm not making that up. The worst. Add on his terrible personality and treatment of vets, and you have the worst GM in the league.

He must go.

Sounds like only a matter of time. Might be after the draft, but if so hopefully his input on draft selections is minimized.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though from all reports he wasnt involved in the Rex decision. I agree though he doesnt seem to be meshing well with the rest of the organization.

He was indirectly. He wanted to sit Tyrod, and Rex did not. It seems that Whaley was looking for ways to get out from under the contract he just gave Tyrod, but the incoming coach wanted to retain Tyrod as well. Luckily they were able to work out the renegotiated contract.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a little carried away with some trade-downs, but covered most of the bases here other than WOLB:

Your score is: 14000 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 13 (ARI): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 12: TreDavious White, CB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 13 (ARI): Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington (A)
Round 3 Pick 21 (DET): Marcus Maye, FS, Florida (A)
Round 4 Pick 16 (BALT): Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 12: Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (A)
Round 5 Pick 15 (BALT): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)
Round 5 Pick 27: Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA (A-)
Round 6 Pick 11: Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss (B-)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick

How You Matched Up:
1. San Francisco 49ers - 14507
2. Cleveland Browns - 14355
3. Carolina Panthers - 14066
4. Buffalo Bills - 14000

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He must go.

Retention of draft picks is something different than taking the right player. If you look at his draft record out of the 2 first round picks both are talented players. Now an argument can be made that he shouldnt have traded up for Watkins and I get that but he was the #1 WR in the draft by almost everyone. OBJ yes has had a great career so far but the Bills arent the only ones who passed up on him. Darby Lawson Washington Miller all good selections, Henderson is not terrible for 7th round. Seymour and Williams will get significant playing time this year. Lewis and Listenbee will be competing in camp. Out of his 3 drafts there are more players still on the team then not. Now some of this FA signings havent been great(Clay) but he brought in McCoy and Incognito and Taylor all will be starting on this team.