• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First-Pick.com Mock Draft Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A B+ for a draft that comes up 2nd best in the mock (behind a team with 2 1sts and picking at the top of every round lol). Traded down in the 1st to pick up a 2nd and 3rd, down in the 3rd to pick up a 4th, then down again in the 6th to pick up a 7th. No DE or SS, but filled just about every other need including two WRs (outside and slot).

our score is: 10885 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14 (IND): Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan (A+)
Round 2 Pick 12: David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 2 Pick 16 (IND): Taylor Moton, OT/OG, Western Michigan (B+)
Round 3 Pick 13 (ARI): Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida (A+)
Round 3 Pick 15 (IND): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13 (ARI): Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A)
Round 5 Pick 12: John Johnson, FS, Boston College (A-)
Round 5 Pick 27: Jerod Evans, QB, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 6 Pick 17 (WASH): Elijah McGuire, RB, UL Lafayette (A)
Round 7 Pick 17 (WASH): Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A+)

How You Matched Up:
1. Cleveland Browns - 11086
2. Buffalo Bills - 10885

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A B+ for a draft that comes up 2nd best in the mock (behind a team with 2 1sts and picking at the top of every round lol). Traded down in the 1st to pick up a 2nd and 3rd, down in the 3rd to pick up a 4th, then down again in the 6th to pick up a 7th. No DE or SS, but filled just about every other need including two WRs (outside and slot).

our score is: 10885 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14 (IND): Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan (A+)
Round 2 Pick 12: David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 2 Pick 16 (IND): Taylor Moton, OT/OG, Western Michigan (B+)
Round 3 Pick 13 (ARI): Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida (A+)
Round 3 Pick 15 (IND): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13 (ARI): Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A)
Round 5 Pick 12: John Johnson, FS, Boston College (A-)
Round 5 Pick 27: Jerod Evans, QB, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 6 Pick 17 (WASH): Elijah McGuire, RB, UL Lafayette (A)
Round 7 Pick 17 (WASH): Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A+)

How You Matched Up:
1. Cleveland Browns - 11086
2. Buffalo Bills - 10885

If we actually managed to get this we would have absolutely nailed this draft

I don't think we'll get all these players but wow I wish we could.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing is this class is strong for Tight ends, Corners and free safeties we have to come up with players in each of these positions in this draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing is this class is strong for Tight ends, Corners and free safeties we have to come up with players in each of these positions in this draft

Yeah, the two noted weak spots in the draft are at QB and LT. Bills could avoid both in the draft if they keep Tyrod, but they also can get a decent QB prospect in the 1st (and maybe 2nd) round with their draft slot.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the two noted weak spots in the draft are at QB and LT. Bills could avoid both in the draft if they keep Tyrod, but they also can get a decent QB prospect in the 1st (and maybe 2nd) round with their draft slot.

I just want to avoid these QBs all together, better ones are available next year.

Rumor has it we're looking to sign a random QB and pretty much tank this year for a better QB in 2018

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to avoid these QBs all together, better ones are available next year.

Rumor has it we're looking to sign a random QB and pretty much tank this year for a better QB in 2018

I hope not. Just keep Tyrod; it's really that simple. If they want to trade him after this season, his salary will still be reasonable for a starting QB.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. Just keep Tyrod; it's really that simple. If they want to trade him after this season, his salary will still be reasonable for a starting QB.

Our front office doesn't like simple decisions it appears

Seems like every time we have a roster close to a possible playoff birth we decide to blow everything up and start over again

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our front office doesn't like simple decisions it appears

Seems like every time we have a roster close to a possible playoff birth we decide to blow everything up and start over again

Well, they can't keep a coach for more than 3 years (not since Marv).

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree which means we are going to pick one of the non franchise guys in this year draft which will put us back another 4 years. Since the rookie QB will be linked to McDermot when that QB fails the coach will be sent out the door and the cycle will repeat itself. Every Bills fan gets it I dont understand why the front office never does.

...or they could pick up a bridge veteran QB to start until Cardale is ready. Hoyer maybe? Austin Davis is out there and showed some ability with the Rams a few years back. I will puke if EJ is re-signed.

Idiots. Just keep the relatively cheaply signed starting QB you already have, even if they want to draft a QB. Tyrod will still be tradeable next year.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or they could pick up a bridge veteran QB to start until Cardale is ready. Hoyer maybe? Austin Davis is out there and showed some ability with the Rams a few years back. I will puke if EJ is re-signed.

Idiots. Just keep the relatively cheaply signed starting QB you already have, even if they want to draft a QB. Tyrod will still be tradeable next year.

Rumor has it we want to tank and get a top QB in next year's draft.

Only problem is we have absolutely no idea how to tank, we finish 7-9 every single year.

I just don't understand why we suddenly feel like we have to start over again when we went 7-8 in a year where we were hit super hard by injuries.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it we want to tank and get a top QB in next year's draft.

Only problem is we have absolutely no idea how to tank, we finish 7-9 every single year.

I just don't understand why we suddenly feel like we have to start over again when we went 7-8 in a year where we were hit super hard by injuries.

If we want to tank trade Shady trade Glenn Trade Hughes Trade Darius let Williams retire.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want to tank trade Shady trade Glenn Trade Hughes Trade Darius let Williams retire.

That leaves a heck of a lot of extra work to rebuild.

Being stuck in mediocrity is why the Rams paid big to move up for their QB last year (farthest trade up to #1 pick in NFL history). That said, if the Rams had Tyrod at the time, I doubt they make that move for a QB.

For the Bills to force their own hand by dumping their adequate QB is simply stupid IMO. Keep Tyrod and develop Cardale and a draft pick behind him (Kelly?). I don't understand why they're getting cheap at the QB position; Tyrod's cap hit is only $16M per season, which is reasonable for a starting QB in today's NFL. Glennon might get that in free agency.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That leaves a heck of a lot of extra work to rebuild.

Being stuck in mediocrity is why the Rams paid big to move up for their QB last year (farthest trade up to #1 pick in NFL history). That said, if the Rams had Tyrod at the time, I doubt they make that move for a QB.

For the Bills to force their own hand by dumping their adequate QB is simply stupid IMO. Keep Tyrod and develop Cardale and a draft pick behind him (Kelly?). I don't understand why they're getting cheap at the QB position; Tyrod's cap hit is only $16M per season, which is reasonable for a starting QB in today's NFL. Glennon might get that in free agency.

Oh I totally agree with you unless they already have a trade in place for Cousins I dont see how letting Taylor go benefits you at all. Everyone is saying there is no franchise guy in this draft. NE will want the house plus your first born for Jimmy G. They only think I can see is we might go after McCarron which I wouldnt mind. All I was saying if they are going the tank strategy to try and get a better pick for a QB next year it wont work we have enough talent to go .500 last 6 years have proved that much.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we made the smart decision and kept Tyrod

Now we have our biggest needs in the secondary, tight end and a 2nd receiver

all of which we can successfully get in this draft, especially in the secondary and tight end, there is amazing talent at those spots in this draft

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

all of which we can successfully get in this draft, especially in the secondary and tight end, there is amazing talent at those spots in this draft

I know its a long shot especially with his injury last year but I always like Gragg and thought he was never given a shot.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right Tackle is most important, imo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right Tackle is most important, imo.

Sure, but not necessarily a top two round target IMO. I could see them going WR/DB in either order in the first two rounds.