• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire VanGorder PLEASE JUST DO IT

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only other time in recent memory was USC in 2013 when Rees went down and Andrew Hendrix forgot how to throw a football. The defense stepped up big time, despite giving up field position on punt returns. Tuitt was a beast all game, tossing the OL like rag dolls into the QB. The last two drives against USC last year they came up big (Russell's Int and tip to Redfield, and Jaylon's open field tackling). Other than that, none that I can think of.

Quick show of hands. How many people said, "oh shit" when we scored and there was about a minute left for Stanford to try and score last year. I was one of em.
:slaphappy:

Same people, quick show of hands, how many people said oh shit when Newsome shanked the punt and thought, well, if the defense stops them here, we can run the clock out, if we had defense. Same people, who thought for sure in OT we weren't stopping anyone.
:slaphappy:

If you raised your hand to all three, congratulations, you're not retarded.
:thumb: :laugh:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean go look at the numbers is not pretty. 517 yards let up, Texas avg Field position was 23 yard line. That means they drove down the field every time to score. 8/18 on 3rd down(1st half 7/11) and 2 for 2 on 4th down let up by our D. Texas scores TDs in 3 of the last 4 series. I mean guys these are ugly stats. Last and not least they let up 50 pts. 50 GOD DAMN POINTS to a Frosh QB and a QB that cant throw.

I have to stop im getting pissed off again. I hate VG. He needs to go. Kelly some what had a change of heart on Monday. Took some blame off the defense. No Kelly it was the D's fault. They let up 50 points. Yes u screwed up with MZ but overall offense scored 47 pts.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean go look at the numbers is not pretty. 517 yards let up, Texas avg Field position was 23 yard line. That means they drove down the field every time to score. 8/18 on 3rd down(1st half 7/11) and 2 for 2 on 4th down let up by our D. Texas scores TDs in 3 of the last 4 series. I mean guys these are ugly stats. Last and not least they let up 50 pts. 50 GOD DAMN POINTS to a Frosh QB and a QB that cant throw.

I have to stop im getting pissed off again. I hate VG. He needs to go. Kelly some what had a change of heart on Monday. Took some blame off the defense. No Kelly it was the D's fault. They let up 50 points. Yes u screwed up with MZ but overall offense scored 47 pts.
Don't forget 7 scores in 7 red zone appearances.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget 7 scores in 7 red zone appearances.
OMG please dont remind me. I cant talk about this anymore. Im still pissed. We wait all year for this team and they lose game 1.

On to Nevada.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i read today kelly has no intention of booting vg. says he's with him all the way.
this is NOT a good head coach.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't happy when they gave Kizer a touchdown last year against Stanford. I knew they scored way too early. Sad to have that kind of mentality but that is how it is. I was pissed when Kelly didn't go for 2 to win the game on Sunday. I can live with losing on the road going for two and not making it. ND had no business winning the game but they could have came out with a win if Kelly had balls

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i read today kelly has no intention of booting vg. says he's with him all the way.
You mean quotes like this:

“If we are 10 games into the year and this is still happening, then I’ll take the questions.”

Sorry Brian, its year 7. Your leash isn't that long.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't happy when they gave Kizer a touchdown last year against Stanford. I knew they scored way too early. Sad to have that kind of mentality but that is how it is. I was pissed when Kelly didn't go for 2 to win the game on Sunday. I can live with losing on the road going for two and not making it. ND had no business winning the game but they could have came out with a win if Kelly had balls
Not sure I agree we had "no business winning the game." We were favored to win it. We came from 17 down to take the lead. It was our game to lose at that point and we obliged.

I don't know if its been asked or adequately answered, but TX was hell-bent on running the ball to beat us. We had some success stopping it with a 4 man front. Why in God's green earth did they decide to abandon that for the 3-3-5 alignment? Why God why?

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have problems with Kelly but who are they going to get that is better? You aren't getting Saban or Meyer type coaches. No top tier coach is going to come to ND.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have problems with Kelly but who are they going to get that is better? You aren't getting Saban or Meyer type coaches. No top tier coach is going to come to ND.
Don't think anybody is advocating for Kelly to leave ... just friggen Van Gorder. He's atrocious at coaching the fundamentals and his D-scheme is, obviously, too complicated at this level. Many players have echoed this and he's not bringing in the right stuff to, evidently, grasp his overly-cerebral D.

It's no wonder Kelly is in love with the egghead.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND doesn't have good pass rushers, so vangorder tries too hard to make pressure. They don't have the athletes to run his system, if he can't fit players into the system, be a coach and change the system. Oh, and the O-line was not as advertised, plenty of room to improve but they better do it quick with Michigan State co,img in next week.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Gorder won't be fired midseason unless we replace him with a guy who runs a defense almost identical to this one. You can't just up and switch schemes mid season.

Only way he's fired mid season is if we get torched by MSU and Stanford, then maybe he gets canned.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I think that is Bull. It was very interesting what he said after the game. u can see he was pissed the Defensive coaches. They even showed him on the sidelines yelling at them. today was him being proper and trying not to throw anyone under the bus.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I think that is Bull. It was very interesting what he said after the game. u can see he was pissed the Defensive coaches. They even showed him on the sidelines yelling at them. today was him being proper and trying not to throw anyone under the bus.

so the question is ... who is the real brian kelly. i think it's the guy who answers the question when he's calm and not in the midst of being pissed off. i think he is with vg all the way.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the question is ... who is the real brian kelly. i think it's the guy who answers the question when he's calm and not in the midst of being pissed off. i think he is with vg all the way.
Will the real Brian Kelly please stand up.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So do I

The Stanford game should have been the last straw

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean quotes like this:

“If we are 10 games into the year and this is still happening, then I’ll take the questions.”

Sorry Brian, its year 7. Your leash isn't that long.
I agree, If this happens against MSU he should be gone, screw it if this week is even close and the ND has to score 40 to win the game he should be gone.

The real question is there anyone that can take over on the staff as DC for the season if VG is fired.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO I heard BK saying that Newsome needs to slow down and so better job at punting....Really bro??? You going there...

One thing about BK is he seems loyal and sticks to his word, look at the QB situation. So I believe him when he say's that BVG is here to stay. Now, he might be telling BVG to fix this mess, but get use to the fact that he will be here all yr....