• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire the clown show

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't he top 30? Bc media "analysts"said so? Each team has their own talent evaluators. If many on here think Xanders has done wonders from a talent evaluation prospective, then it shouldn't bother you that he may have had a hand in LT going #28. You also have no idea what the other 31 teams' boards looked like. Those 31 other teams also have different teams so maybe a top guard wasn't what they wanted. :noidea:

Im like, "what the fuck is going on here" with those types of statements. How does anyone know how these players are rated. Just say you dont like the pick and be done with it. If you look at it, the media and the analyst have some answers to some things as far as linking players to teams and some ratings but they still rely on different sources.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYJ, ATL, NYG, STL, NO, MIA, PHI all could use OG.

Tomlinson would've been drafted in that next wave of o linemen in the second round, creating a situation where the Lions may have ended up with nobody. Its obvious teams had to pull the trigger on the guys they like.

Tomlinson wouldn't have been around for the Lions at #54.... BOOK IT, DAN-O....

also, had they drafted a different OG, he wouldn't have had all the great intangibles that Tomlinson possesses. No character flaws, extremely intelligent on and off the field, a hard working, easily coachable kid who gets it pretty damn quickly. 54 starts for this kid or something to that effect.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got depth at OC and OG. Upgraded infinitely at run blocking, which the Lions want with this O. I would have preferred an OT, but for this coaching staff this was definitely the best thing to happen.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have preferred an OT

there's more risk to drafting a rookie OT and hoping he's good, imo, than a covered up interior lineman. Most of the OT's that were left, DJ Humphries for one, had some question marks as to whether he could ever finish even one full season in college without missing games. That kid had 19 starts in two seasons. Clemmings has a foot injury, which should be a major concern not to mention how raw he is but has upside. Reiff has two full years of NFL experience at LT. I'll take the more than adequate Reiff on the blind-side. If you were referring to finding someone to come in and compete at RT, I could see your point as Waddle is a question mark and we need some depth behind Lucas at this time.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either they think Mike Williams is ready to be the backup RT and Lucas the back up LT or we may still draft another OL later on. Maybe Haverstein. We seem to be going jumbo these days.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Haverstein

Maybe ex-PSU LT Donovan Smith if he's still available at #54. He has some versatility there at either LT or RT according to some scouts reports.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's more risk to drafting a rookie OT and hoping he's good, imo, than a covered up interior lineman. Most of the OT's that were left, DJ Humphries for one, had some question marks as to whether he could ever finish even one full season in college without missing games. That kid had 19 starts in two seasons. Clemmings has a foot injury, which should be a major concern not to mention how raw he is but has upside. Reiff has two full years of NFL experience at LT. I'll take the more than adequate Reiff on the blind-side. If you were referring to finding someone to come in and compete at RT, I could see your point as Waddle is a question mark and we need some depth behind Lucas at this time.

Yea, I like Reiff. Honestly, I don't know much about the OLine prospects. I wanted a RT and a LG plus OLine depth, and we got 2/3 of that in 1 round, so needless to say I like.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, somewhat. I loved the trade back to pick up Ramirez. If anyone remembers from CBS, I've always liked Ramirez. So, I was pretty happy to fill our LG while not really giving up much. Then we drafted another OG. Well, I did want depth, but can we say overkill? I was hoping for an OT.

Wouldn't taking a tackle also be overkill, for the fact we have Lucas waddle and Williams already in the mix?

Yet we got rid of Sims, Reynolds and cut Austin so therefore there was nothing in the cupboard at guard

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't taking a tackle also be overkill, for the fact we have Lucas waddle and Williams already in the mix?

depends doesn't it on how the coaching staff perceives the injury to Waddle and when he might come back. Williams never played OT, as you already know that, and there could be some questions regarding his development so far, maybe. We hear/read fluff all the time regarding players, like Rodney Austin was coming along in his development. Rodney Austin was here for three years and couldn't unseat anyone. Does the coaching staff honestly believe in Lucas as an NFL RT, maybe. I think sometimes with AP coming back so soon that people in general might perceive most players can come back in that 9 month range. AP is a freak. Waddle is 5" taller and more than 100 lbs bigger than AP so Waddle's recovery time might very well be 12 months after surgery. Both Waddle and AP had their surgeries pretty close in proximity of time I believe. Mayhew may very well try to draft that OT who has some versatility to either provide depth and or push Lucas to take his penciled in job away. The OL could use that extra OT, IMO. We'll have to wait and see who falls and how Mayhew, the scouting department and coaching staff view potential OT's that may be available at #54.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, those guys aren't proven. I meant "overkill" moreso that the move to trade back, and get 2 OG's, did come off slightly as desperate. Of course, it totally just could've been their BPA. I'm not complaining on this one, though.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just view the void at left guard as more important than another tackle. You not have an issue if they take a tackle later I just thought between a guard and tackle guard was more important and I also feel they should now go defense in the second and then maybe a running back in the third but that's just me

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sims. No Ravioli. Warford, LT, Swanson, and Ramirez in the mix. Two more picks. Not going to bash Rusty for his performance in the 1st round.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also feel they should now go defense in the second and then maybe a running back in the third but that's just me

you make a good point there. it'll just depend on who's available. If Bennett or Jarrett and Coleman or another closely graded RB are gone it may leave OT as a viable option should Mayhew actually need one. Didn't many of the analysts, CBS, NFL.com, eSpN, Gil Brandt state one of the Lions needs was a RT. Heck maybe a CB is available at #54 that Austin might be comfortable with.

got to leave options open as you already know this more than many others.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its possible we could go Jarret and then Abdullah in the next 2 rounds. Maybe Kevin White in the 5th. We could also use that extra 5th for La'el Collins if noone wants him.

The bottom line is their is still some flexibility available to accomplish what needs to be done and still do it well.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sims. No Ravioli. Warford, LT, Swanson, and Ramirez in the mix. Two more picks. Not going to bash Rusty for his performance in the 1st round.

This thread should just be locked as Fog has complimented Rusty on something. so therefore it must have been a decent deal.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread should just be locked as Fog has complimented Rusty on something. so therefore it must have been a decent deal.

Rusty is like the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that I like the thought of a powerful interior line for this team with the rest of the draft left. Theres a couple huge guys that could possibly be available at RT IF the Lions want to go all in. Those guys are Havenstien, Smith and Brown.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I wanted a RT once we got Ramirez I'm very happy with yesterday. Depending on Swanson we have two new starters on the offensive line. Swanson was decent in his showing at center and below average at best at his showing at guard. So I see getting Ramirez and Tomlinson as a good move. It gives us either a great interior backup or a good starter.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an over reaction here.

What a joke. I actually liked the trade back to shore up the LG spot.
Then we draft ANOTHER fucking guard? Seriously? Did Mini-Millen actually forget that has an pro-bowl caliber guard in Larry Warford?

Not sure if you know this but there are actually 2 guards on the field at the same time. Now Warford is a heck of a player but he can't play both left and right guard at the same time.