• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire the clown show

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an over reaction here.

What a joke. I actually liked the trade back to shore up the LG spot.
Then we draft ANOTHER fucking guard? Seriously? Did Mini-Millen actually forget that has an pro-bowl caliber guard in Larry Warford?

This is the same shit as giving Pettidrops an extention and drafting Ebron. Malcolm Brown sitting right there for the taking with 32 year old Ngata as a stop-gag. Of course the Pats hang tight and scoop him up shortly after.

Now AGAIN the clown show has no leverage in talks with Ngata. Same shit as they did with Suh. These dipshits have proven WITHOUT A DOUBT. They do not learn from mistakes.

From left to right.....
Lombardi, Mini-Millen, The drunk and Caldwell.

slider3.jpg

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now thunder, let the old man step in here for a moment. Let's think this thing through. Gardy Jarret is still available, right ? Grady Jarrett is strictly a 3-tech DT who has a much better lateral movement and up-field burst than does Malcom Brown does. Jarrett is a pass rusher without the stats, meaning sacks. he gets to the qb and applies hurries/pressures while Ngata is the gap/plugging double teamed NT. This could work in our favor. Reid doesn't have the lateral movement that Jarrett does and tOSU DT, Michael Bennett is in the same mold as Jarrett. there's still some possibilities that exist to get either of them. they're both smaller DT's and strictly 3-tech 4-3 base DT's. Most of those teams in the top 12 are 3-4 base, Ten, Jax, Oak, Was, Nyj, Atl, NO, Hou, SF, KC, Pit, and Stl has Fairley, Brockers, DONALD.

Make sense at all in the possibility category ?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now thunder, let the old man step in here for a moment. Let's think this thing through. Gardy Jarret is still available, right ? Grady Jarrett is strictly a 3-tech DT who has a much better lateral movement and up-field burst than does Malcom Brown does. Jarrett is a pass rusher without the stats, meaning sacks. he gets to the qb and applies hurries/pressures while Ngata is the gap/plugging double teamed NT. This could work in our favor. Reid doesn't have the lateral movement that Jarrett does and tOSU DT, Michael Bennett is in the same mold as Jarrett. there's still some possibilities that exist to get either of them. they're both smaller DT's and strictly 3-tech 4-3 base DT's. Most of those teams in the top 12 are 3-4 base, Ten, Jax, Oak, Was, Nyj, Atl, NO, Hou, SF, KC, Pit, and Stl has Fairley, Brockers, DONALD.

Make sense at all in the possibility category ?

It's possible but much much more possible that Tomlinson would of been available with our second round pick. Mayock said he had a 2nd/3rd round grade on him. Malcolm Brown is the total package at DT, Grady is more of a upfield, pass rushing DT. I never saw one site that had a first round grade on Tomlinson. BPA my ass. Then we are going to field a ground and pound team when we have 30% of the salary cap on our QB and top two receivers? What about a top ten pick we spent on A PASS CATCHING TE? What about the wasted third rounder on Swanson?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYJ, ATL, NYG, STL, NO, MIA, PHI all could use OG.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayock said he had a 2nd/3rd round grade on him

That's Mayock. We argue in here all the time on how over or under rated prospects appear to be in a fans mind.

What about the wasted third rounder on Swanson?

It's not a wasted pick. Do I think that a OG could have been had in the 2nd round. YES ! Ali Marpet was viewed as such by the very same scouts/analysts/media that put Tomlinson as 2nd/3rd round grade.

Malcolm Brown is the total package at DT, Grady is more of a upfield, pass rushing DT.

Malcom Brown would have been a replacement for Ngata, yes, I see your point there. Hell, Last year Donald was right there for the taking when they knew 3 starting caliber DT's were on there last year of contract.

I'm not trying to defend Mayhew as I see it as a so-called reach by others but the scouting dept., Mayhew and coaching staff see something in this kid

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Mayock. We argue in here all the time on how over or under rated prospects appear to be in a fans mind.

It's not a wasted pick. Do I think that a OG could have been had in the 2nd round. YES ! Ali Marpet was viewed as such by the very same scouts/analysts/media that put Tomlinson as 2nd/3rd round grade.

Malcom Brown would have been a replacement for Ngata, yes, I see your point there. Hell, Last year Donald was right there for the taking when they knew 3 starting caliber DT's were on there last year of contract.

I'm not trying to defend Mayhew as I see it as a so-called reach by others but the scouting dept., Mayhew and coaching staff see something in this kid

All I know is... I don't want to hear 1 more excuse for Stafford this year. This guy has had countless and countless high draft picks for weapons and O-lineman. I'm 100% positive the clown show will pick a RB with the next pick. Possibly trade up for one. If this guy can't get it done with all this talent around him....

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell for a few minutes I took over as TP's side-kick.

I'm not ecstatic about the pick as I think there were better alternatives later on.

I stated my wants were that Mayhew would do the absolute unthinkable and would trade back into the mid-30's, while trading down twice and receiving back an extra 3rd and 4th rd pick. It wasn't available obviously. We're all of separate minds and philosophies when it comes to what should happen.

My wants

trade back twice
1st pick RB Coleman.... thunder would have had a shit but now knowing it's Tomlinson would have been okay with it
2nd pick Marpet next
3rd pick DE Za'Darius Smith
4th pick (still 3rd rd.) DT Xavier Cooper

how would that have shook out for you ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has had countless and countless high draft picks for weapons and O-lineman.

not countless OL... Reiff had to sit and wait a year.. Warford started immediately and looked great until injured this past year. Swanson was to be groomed as a replacement. EVERYBODY wanted SIMS gone and to have a young, talented OL that could jell together and become a cohesive, chemistry and continuity based OL.

That has been accomplished just not how you wanted nor many others. I fuckin hate this feeling of defending Mayhew but I can sort of see the vision. Before you have a total shit don't be surprised to see RB Duke Johnson taken at #54. He's just the kind of sneaky, slippery, pass catching threat that Mayhew loves. You have wanted Duke Johnson.

Be Patient Thunder. wait til tomorrow is over. then if he doesn't do something that fill some of happiness Bitch all you want. You have to see through the final draft before you can fully analyze it.

ALL IN GRANDPA GUMPS OPINION

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, somewhat. I loved the trade back to pick up Ramirez. If anyone remembers from CBS, I've always liked Ramirez. So, I was pretty happy to fill our LG while not really giving up much. Then we drafted another OG. Well, I did want depth, but can we say overkill? I was hoping for an OT.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, somewhat. I loved the trade back to pick up Ramirez. If anyone remembers from CBS, I've always liked Ramirez. So, I was pretty happy to fill our LG while not really giving up much. Then we drafted another OG.

Ramirez can play either C/G. There's no reason he couldn't push Swanson.

Well, I did want depth, but can we say overkill?

So the O-Line is beefed up and no room for Rob Sims, which the Lions were reaching out to before the draft. I'm not seeing an overkill.

I was hoping for an OT.

Andrus Peat, Ereck Flowers and D.J. Humphries are all underclassmen. Just sayin'

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I wanted Coleman with that pick but Im not real shitty about it. You guys crack me up because you find a way to bash no matter what.

Stafford has been getting tons of interior pressure for years and the team cant run block. Now, they have the guys to do that with the addition of Tomlinson. Warford and Tomlinson could potentially become some of the leagues best gaurd tandems. The Lions might even put Manny at center and he's a great run blocker.

Tomlinson was not the "favorite" choice here but its solid. Reports said he dominated at the senior bowl, especially against Shelton. I think the Lions had a group of guys in mind that they wpuld take in a trade down situation. They said the Lions and Broncos had the deal in place a day before the draft. Tomlinson would've been drafted in that next wave of o linemen in the second round, creating a situation where the Lions may have ended up with nobody. Its obvious teams had to pull the trigger on the guys they like.

As for Brown, the media played the biggest part of linking him to the Lions. He's a good player but the Lions saw something different. The Patriots always get lucky and land guys like that.

This should get interesting with what the Lions do next. I wrote that they could possibly go all in and attempt to fix the offensive line and run game in the first three rounds. The Lions could land a power run blocker at RT like Havenstien from Wisconsin or Brown from Louisville. That would be some crazy beef up front. Or this may be where they take a CB also.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was a way we could fix all the holes we had in the first round, I'm all for hearing the idea. However, since there isn't, we not only fixed an issue the team had, but grabbed a very good, smart, and high character guy for the O-line. He was also moving quickly up the draft board after the Senior Bowl. Dude probably wouldn't have made it to us in the 2nd.

I personally like the pick. Along with the trade, our O-line looks to be in very good shape. Now, it's one less thing to target going forward. The trade back/draft pick worked out great imo.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats not to like about a high-character guy who will come right in and work hard and instantly upgrade the oline?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramirez can play either C/G. There's no reason he couldn't push Swanson.

So the O-Line is beefed up and no room for Rob Sims, which the Lions were reaching out to before the draft. I'm not seeing an overkill.

Andrus Peat, Ereck Flowers and D.J. Humphries are all underclassmen. Just sayin'

Agreed. The fact that it eliminates Sims from the picture makes it just the right amount of Kill

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats not to like about a high-character guy who will come right in and work hard and instantly upgrade the oline?

Because we are consistently being lied to from the clown show about BPA when Tomlinson was not a top 30 player in the NFL draft and more than likely be available with our second round pick.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we are consistently being lied to from the clown show about BPA when Tomlinson was not a top 30 player in the NFL draft and more than likely be available with our second round pick.

Not sure how you now this bro but okay.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an over reaction here.

What a joke. I actually liked the trade back to shore up the LG spot.
Then we draft ANOTHER fucking guard? Seriously? Did Mini-Millen actually forget that has an pro-bowl caliber guard in Larry Warford?

This is the same shit as giving Pettidrops an extention and drafting Ebron. Malcolm Brown sitting right there for the taking with 32 year old Ngata as a stop-gag. Of course the Pats hang tight and scoop him up shortly after.

Now AGAIN the clown show has no leverage in talks with Ngata. Same shit as they did with Suh. These dipshits have proven WITHOUT A DOUBT. They do not learn from mistakes.

From left to right.....
Lombardi, Mini-Millen, The drunk and Caldwell.

slider3.jpg
I like that LeWand is a woman.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't he top 30? Bc media "analysts"said so? Each team has their own talent evaluators. If many on here think Xanders has done wonders from a talent evaluation prospective, then it shouldn't bother you that he may have had a hand in LT going #28. You also have no idea what the other 31 teams' boards looked like. Those 31 other teams also have different teams so maybe a top guard wasn't what they wanted. :noidea: