• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Jon Cooper ?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the lightning fire Jon Cooper now and hire Claude Julien ?

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think sp Todd. Its not his fault we've played almost all the season with Syracuse
Crunch players up and down . Plus our D has hit rock bottom
These things cannot be blamed on Cooper.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Bolt and Danny, Todd. I am by all means not a supporter of the laid back way Chompy coaches but this year the injuries have plagued the Lightning. With that said though, if the Lightning found an aggressive, no bullshit type, hard-nosed coach...get him!!!!! The boys ain't here to skate around and look pretty!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not! Cooper is a top notch coach and I've already explained my reasons to keep him. Julien would be a bad fit, he's a coach who demands a big, physical, tough team, the complete opposite to what this team is built around as this team is all about speed & skill

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which it only displays upon rare occasions!

The NHL is going to more of a puck possession and speed game, that's the way the Lightning play. Yes they have only displayed this on rare occasions this season but let's remember that the same team and the style of play has also played in the most postseason games the last couple of years

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL is going to more of a puck possession and speed game, that's the way the Lightning play. Yes they have only displayed this on rare occasions this season but let's remember that the same team and the style of play has also played in the most postseason games the last couple of years

Yes but if you look at even their seasons that they made the post season or playoffs, inconsistent play much of the season was their only constant! :L

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but if you look at even their seasons that they made the post season or playoffs, inconsistent play much of the season was their only constant! :L

I wouldn't call the year 2014-2015 inconsistent, they only lost 3 games consecutively once and that was in the final vs the Hawks. No other team was able to do that. Last year yes but not lets not forget the injuries, the Drouin saga and the whole Stamkos situation. This year again injuries, missing year best player for most the season and the Bishop sitaution. The Stamkos lost was huge, it's not just losing you best player but it affects the rest of the team i.e Johnson goes from #2 Center to #1, Filppula goes for #3 Center to #2 and so on and so on. Lightning sit 18th in the league in goals, usually a top 10 lock given their offensive capabilities. The lost of Stamkos has really impacted the Lightning game's offensively. Defensively the Lightning have gone from 4th in the league in defense last year to 17th this year with the same personnel in place. The defense has been poor and they haven't got the goaltending they was expecting. Bish is a UFA and coul be moved any day, that's obviously played on his mind, similar to Stamkos last year and this has been a learning year for Vasi who hasn't played up to potential but is taking on a bigger role in prepartion for next yeat when he becomes the# 1. You add that to the fact of losing the Stamkos and the trickle down affect that has had on the forward group, that's why the Lightning have been inconsistent and stand what they are.