• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FIRE HORNACEK...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this moron!!!!! does he not realize he is the leader of this team? what's this 'they're trying shcitt, should it not be we? what a tool they are professional athletes you idiot, defense is the easiest thing to teach! if it is implemented! u jackazz, please resign!!!!

I vote for Pastafazul to coach the Knicks!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this moron!!!!! does he not realize he is the leader of this team? what's this 'they're trying shcitt, should it not be we? what a tool they are professional athletes you idiot, defense is the easiest thing to teach! if it is implemented! u jackazz, please resign!!!!

Really?

Aside from athletic ability, Defense is about effort, positioning and focus. Melo has played for how many different coaches and has never played defense. He has (used to anyway) the ability, but no coach has ever been able to get him to Consistently put forth defensive effort.

Unlike at lower levels, NBA coaches are almost powerless if their best player does not buy in and give effort. You can't bench him, he is the face of the franchise. If the star does not buy in, then the rest are unlikely to follow either.

Melo has been a coach killer for most of his career, and his unwillingness to defend is a large part of the reason why. You want to blame Hornacek, but there is a reason the Knicks have never accomplished anything significant during the Melo era, and it has nothing to do with coaching.

Like the other said have said, a fire sale is the only solution.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Aside from athletic ability, Defense is about effort, positioning and focus. Melo has played for how many different coaches and has never played defense. He has (used to anyway) the ability, but no coach has ever been able to get him to Consistently put forth defensive effort.

Unlike at lower levels, NBA coaches are almost powerless if their best player does not buy in and give effort. You can't bench him, he is the face of the franchise. If the star does not buy in, then the rest are unlikely to follow either.

Melo has been a coach killer for most of his career, and his unwillingness to defend is a large part of the reason why. You want to blame Hornacek, but there is a reason the Knicks have never accomplished anything significant during the Melo era, and it has nothing to do with coaching.

Like the other said have said, a fire sale is the only solution.

Did George Karl just post this under an alias ?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said it 1000 x's, this is a players game, so hornysuk, keep your mouth shut or make them play D, and how do you do it ? PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! if you aint gonna do it in practice you aint gonna do it in game, its that simple so sit back and get your paycheck, put your hands over your head trying to look like you give a schitt, and just keep lookin stuUpitt as u look

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said it 1000 x's, this is a players game, so hornysuk, keep your mouth shut or make them play D, and how do you do it ? PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! if you aint gonna do it in practice you aint gonna do it in game, its that simple so sit back and get your paycheck, put your hands over your head trying to look like you give a schitt, and just keep lookin stuUpitt as u look

You do realize that they practice like once or twice a week during season, right?

I think what you fail to grasp is that coaches can't make the players do anything. It is a partnership. When every coach Melo has ever had had failed to get him to play defense, it is amazing that you place the blame 100% on Hornacek.

In today's climate, coaches do not have nearly the power they did 30 years ago. It is a players' league, like you said. Time for you to wake up and start pointing the finger in the right places. Like I said a few pages ago, this team has talent, but they are well past their prime and misfit. If you want to blame somebody, it should be front office and players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that they practice like once or twice a week during season, right?

I think what you fail to grasp is that coaches can't make the players do anything. It is a partnership. When every coach Melo has ever had had failed to get him to play defense, it is amazing that you place the blame 100% on Hornacek.

In today's climate, coaches do not have nearly the power they did 30 years ago. It is a players' league, like you said. Time for you to wake up and start pointing the finger in the right places. Like I said a few pages ago, this team has talent, but they are well past their prime and misfit. If you want to blame somebody, it should be front office and players.
really? you think the Knicks have talent to play better than they are currently playing? i certainly dont see it.

what makes you think they are any better then 10 other teams in the East? I think Phil has done a terrible job- he did what everyone else has tried to do in New York- a quick fix by bringing in players that are passed their primes.

the Knicks roster is just injury prone, doesnt really mesh well, doesnt have very many good 2 way players.

raze it to the ground and build around Porzingis. See what you could get back from Melo.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in agreement with TLance about Melo being the catalyst here, but for a different reason. I don't believe it's his unwillingness to defend, but moreso I believe it's his inflexibility to be used at his best position, which is a PF.

Melo has the strength to defend against the stretch 4's of today and it would really elevate his game if he were to accept that he'd be a huge net plus against really any PF in the league. Yes he would have his struggles against the elite PF's, but there's no way they could guard him either.

Melo has said before he doesn't want to be a 4 and that he prefer's being a 3. That mostly comes with his willingness to bang with the bigs down low.

But to me the biggest and brightest flaw on this team is Derrick Rose. He's possibly the worst fit for a team with triangle principles as a PG. You have two focal points of the offense in Porzingas and Melo and Rose is a huge detriment because his skill sets don't match. Rose is strictly a P&R point guard and basically useless off the ball. He's a high volume shooter who's volume should go to a better shooter at this stage in his career.

The Knicks would do well to use his expiring contract to try and fit pieces around Porzingas.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a perfect fit would be a trade between Miami and New York:

NY Trades Derrick Rose and 2nd Rd Pick
Miami Trades Goran Dragic & Josh McRoberts

NY massively upgrades a better fit for their PG needs with a guy who can be best served off the ball and in the pick and roll. He'd be ideal for the triangle with his play making and his shooting ability. He also can easily handle a secondary role next to Porzingas and Melo, which as of right now Rose has not.

Miami gets a 2nd round pick and clears 21M in cap space in the off-season. Add that to Bosh's 23M off the books and Miami becomes a real player in the free agency market. Prime destination to play at and tons of cap space to sign 2 max free agents.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? you think the Knicks have talent to play better than they are currently playing? i certainly dont see it.

what makes you think they are any better then 10 other teams in the East? I think Phil has done a terrible job- he did what everyone else has tried to do in New York- a quick fix by bringing in players that are passed their primes.

the Knicks roster is just injury prone, doesnt really mesh well, doesnt have very many good 2 way players.

raze it to the ground and build around Porzingis. See what you could get back from Melo.

Really?

What is your deal?

You take a quote about the Knicks dysfunction and highlight the one piece in which I said something slightly positive about the team.

Yes they have some talent. That doesn't make them a good team. If you tried reading any of my post you would see that I actually agree with you.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you do realize they have months b4 the season to be/get prepared...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't believe what i read on here, dam, you guys are obviously educated, at what i have no idea!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize they have months b4 the season to be/get prepared...

You sure about that?

Training camp opens just over a month before the season starts. So they have that time to install their offense and defense. During the season they are just making tweaks for game plans vs. specific opponents.

So, no, they don't have months to prepare. At least the coach does not have months to prepare with the team.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about that?

Training camp opens just over a month before the season starts. So they have that time to install their offense and defense. During the season they are just making tweaks for game plans vs. specific opponents.

So, no, they don't have months to prepare. At least the coach does not have months to prepare with the team.

if they are committed, they find a way, stop the Bullschitt already anyway, r u hornysuk?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honest truth, watched less then 30 seconds of the game, got sick to my stomach as if i watched it in its entirety, F N social network showed score 104-101 w/ 1 .26 left in game, tuned in, tuned out, saw final and lol'ed my head off..... anyone thinks he shouldn't be fired is clueless!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to me the biggest and brightest flaw on this team is Derrick Rose. He's possibly the worst fit for a team with triangle principles as a PG. You have two focal points of the offense in Porzingas and Melo and Rose is a huge detriment because his skill sets don't match. Rose is strictly a P&R point guard and basically useless off the ball. He's a high volume shooter who's volume should go to a better shooter at this stage in his career.

^^^THIS^^^

It's called the "triple post" offense for a reason. It puts the emphasis on the post and makes the point guard position almost obsolete.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said, watching the knicks play is detrimental to my health, but the few minutes i do watch i see iso's by rose, melo, turn around without lookin 3's by KP, triangle what???? call it what you want, but i don't see any kind of plan carried out on the offense & lol at the defense, which is why i put it on the coach!

this is disorganized ball in every respect!