• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FIRE EICHORST, this is ridiculous

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just like in CBB, if you can coach and win players will come, even to places like Kansas, NE, fucking Louisville have you been to Louisville wtf

If Bo would have gotten Nebraska in some great bowl games, and maybe even win a NC he would have gotten more top notch players, but he didn't so we were going to see 9 or 10 win seasons at the very best. Also, I noticed that Riley not only had some "losing" seasons, but some blowouts also. This is a less than lateral hire.

Expect to see some losing seasons and more blowouts with Riley.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bo would have gotten Nebraska in some great bowl games, and maybe even win a NC he would have gotten more top notch players, but he didn't so we were going to see 9 or 10 win seasons at the very best. Also, I noticed that Riley not only had some "losing" seasons, but some blowouts also. This is a less than lateral hire.

Because the caliber of player that Oregon State can bring in is equal to the caliber of player Nebraska can bring in, right? :L

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're ok with the (5-7's) and (7-5's) as long as they compete with top teams once in a while?

That's kind of where we are.

I also never go by what a team was ranked when the game was played. I always wait to see their end-of-year ranking before I'll give a serious evaluation.

How do you think Nebraska would have favored against the same teams that Oregon State beat over the past decade?

#1 ranked USC?

#2 ranked USC?

Would we have won those games?

Would we have even made them a game?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Literally none of those things was ever going to happen with Bo, bless his soul, it just wasn't, and we have the players to turn the corner already, take a guess why it still wasn't going to happen

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, those wins by Oregon State over USC were while Pete Carroll was there........

Wins over Pete Carroll.....one of the best coaches in the NFL today.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, those wins by Oregon State over USC were while Pete Carroll was there........

Wins over Pete Carroll.....one of the best coaches in the NFL today.

And wins over a USC that went with Pete Carrol as second choice after Riley shot their offer down.

Bo wins 9!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Literally none of those things was ever going to happen with Bo, bless his soul, it just wasn't, and we have the players to turn the corner already, take a guess why it still wasn't going to happen

With a slam dunk hire, but that didn't happen. I'll be highly shocked to see any improvement with Riley. On the other hand, I won't be shocked to see a worse outcome.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because the caliber of player that Oregon State can bring in is equal to the caliber of player Nebraska can bring in, right? :L

Considering UCLA beat NU in 2012 and OSU beat UCLA that same year, yes they are getting similar talent that Nebraska has, but it appears Riley has been doing less with that talent.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I wanted Bo gone too, but not for a hire a couple of levels under a lateral hire. Eichorst just wanted a yes man.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering UCLA beat NU in 2012 and OSU beat UCLA that same year, yes they are getting similar talent that Nebraska has, but it appears Riley has been doing less with that talent.

Wow....I understand you aren't happy with the hire. I'm not excited, but am slowly wrapping my head around it....but your example is just the opposite of what you are intending.....Bo lost to a team (with more talent) that Mike beat (with less talent).....

You can't even seriously think what you posted can be interpreted any way other than as a positive for Mike Riley.....there is no way anyone can go from those two outcomes to saying Riley has had "more" or even "similar" talent and done less with it.....:L

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a slam dunk hire, but that didn't happen. I'll be highly shocked to see any improvement with Riley. On the other hand, I won't be shocked to see a worse outcome.

On the other hand I suspect are 5 more fingers, I would be even more shocked to improve any at all with what we had for mentors, Barbara braid my fucking hair Bush would be an improvement at this point after 7 year of this sideshow :suds: to each his own

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow....I understand you aren't happy with the hire. I'm not excited, but am slowly wrapping my head around it....but your example is just the opposite of what you are intending.....Bo lost to a team (with more talent) that Mike beat (with less talent).....

You can't even seriously think what you posted can be interpreted any way other than as a positive for Mike Riley.....there is no way anyone can go from those two outcomes to saying Riley has had "more" or even "similar" talent and done less with it.....:L

I thought about that, but will you be happy with the losing records coming up, or at best an 8 win record or two in the next few years? Prepare yourself for it.

Also Riley hasn't done better with less talent. This was a couple of levels below a lateral hire, but Eichorst and Perlman got their yes man now. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On the other hand I suspect are 5 more fingers, I would be even more shocked to improve any at all with what we had for mentors, Barbara braid my fucking hair Bush would be an improvement at this point after 7 year of this sideshow :suds: to each his own

As much as I wanted Bo to be gone, I still wouldn't want a lesser coach to replace him, but that's what we have now.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that, but will you be happy with the losing records coming up, or at best an 8 win record or two in the next few years? Prepare yourself for it.

Also Riley hasn't done better with less talent. This was a couple of levels below a lateral hire, but Eichorst and Perlman got their yes man now.

I guess I just don't understand everyone assuming Mike Riley will win the same number of games at Nebraska that he did at Oregon St? :noidea:

Do you all really think the overall talent level at the two schools and the facilities and the budgets are in any way comparable??

The more I think about it, the better I am feeling.....I'm not naive enough to think JJM's master conspiracy plan where we already have the A+++ team of assistant coaches all lined up that Eichorst has planned for a year to hire is going to happen, but there are a lot more positives to consider with this hire than most of you seem willing to contemplate.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He competes against top 10 teams.

He even wins against them.

At Oregon State........which is like Kansas State with a turd in its mouth.

KSU was in worse shape before Snyder than Oregon State was before Riley.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess I just don't understand everyone assuming Mike Riley will win the same number of games at Nebraska that he did at Oregon St? :noidea:

Do you all really think the overall talent level at the two schools and the facilities and the budgets are in any way comparable??

The more I think about it, the better I am feeling.....I'm not naive enough to think JJM's master conspiracy plan where we already have the A+++ team of assistant coaches all lined up that Eichorst has planned for a year to hire is going to happen, but there are a lot more positives to consider with this hire than most of you seem willing to contemplate.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. As a Nebraska fan for many moons, I'm hoping for the best.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll just have to wait and see what happens. As a Nebraska fan for many moons, I'm hoping for the best.

For sure....it's a risky move (both the firing of a "successful" 9 win coach and the hiring of a 61 y/o coach with a losing record.....

This could turn into a doomsday scenario ala Solich/HWSNBN part 2 but I don't think so.....if it does, our next hire that can get us back to 9 consistent wins and a perennial #18-20 ranked team will probably rule the roost for quite some time....