• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Bruce Read

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wondered much about this. Thought it might be worth researching Oregon State's stats over the years in special teams. It's hard to imagine with all of these resources why the Huskers special teams is so sorry. It's embarrassing.

And, to the point, I'm wondering if he's just comfortable now. Wonder if he's motivated, still.

Last edited:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wondered much about this. Thought it might be worth researching Oregon State's stats over the years in special teams. It's hard to imagine with all of these resources why the Huskers special teams is so sorry. It's embarrassing.

And, to the point, I'm wondering if he's just comfortable now. Wonder if he's motivated, still.
Special teams comes down to depth. We don't have it yet, so unless we are clearly better with our scheme (we're clearly not) we are going to struggle at times.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams comes down to depth. We don't have it yet, so unless we are clearly better with our scheme (we're clearly not) we are going to struggle at times.
so, you are saying you can overcome depth in ST with a better scheme?

all you have to do is point to Bo's last season. He spent the time that season and actually worked on ST. Was there any area of ST you were disappointed with that year? the Punt returns were better, not just DPE but the blocking was 10 times better. I don't ever remember a punt getting blocked nor really long returns. I understood Reed not getting as much time in season 1, but he should be getting more time now to work with them and getting this stuff worked out.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, you are saying you can overcome depth in ST with a better scheme?

all you have to do is point to Bo's last season. He spent the time that season and actually worked on ST. Was there any area of ST you were disappointed with that year? the Punt returns were better, not just DPE but the blocking was 10 times better. I don't ever remember a punt getting blocked nor really long returns. I understood Reed not getting as much time in season 1, but he should be getting more time now to work with them and getting this stuff worked out.
That's pretty much what I said, although even with a good scheme not having the team depth still makes special teams difficult when facing top teams.