• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Brian Kelly

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame scores 21 unanswered to make it a one score game. So hey! I have an idea, lets punt the ball late in the 4th quarter, and hope to God our defense can get a stop. Oh and even better! Lets burn a timeout to think about whether or not we're going to punt!

Lets face it, Kelly can't win with any consistency. Not to mention, all this talk about firing VanGorder, how about we fire the man who hired, and continues to keep, Brian VanGorder. Oh, and when we fire Kelly, he can take VanGorder with him.

All this talent, all the Notre Dame players in the NFL, and we still can't string together a season where we win a big bowl game, and we still can't string together back to back 10 win seasons. So what does that tell you? It's the coaching.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feelin your pain, bro, but we're stuck with Kelly until 2021.

My gut feeling it's 'too soon' to be thinking about canning the guy that got us back into relevancy, again.

Now, if he decides to let Van Gorder hang around ... that's a different story, if there's a prominent coach in the wings to even consider replacing him.

NY7

Kill HIllary
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is an excellent recruiter but doesn't do a great job managing talent once they get to South Bend. He still has some coaching staff scapegoats before the Irish decide to can him. Deserves credit for bringing Irish back to relevancy and they've made a lot of $$$ because of it.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what, his 7th season at Notre Dame? I wouldn't say it's "too soon" to start calling for changes.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is an excellent recruiter but doesn't do a great job managing talent once they get to South Bend. He still has some coaching staff scapegoats before the Irish decide to can him. Deserves credit for bringing Irish back to relevancy and they've made a lot of $$$ because of it.
Kelly is a program manager but he's not a game day coach. He brought the program out of the dark ages but can't get them to the next level. His recruiting has been a mixed bag but his teams are not mentally or physically tough.

Were it not for his extension and the fact that we just now stopped paying off our last coaching failure, I'd be all in on dumping him. He's made some cosmically poor choices that have handicapped this program. Wasted talent on defense and I don't know a high profile defensive recruit who would want to play for our joke DC who himself doesn't even recruit well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly isn't going any where. He will fire VG soon.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is a program manager but he's not a game day coach. He brought the program out of the dark ages but can't get them to the next level. His recruiting has been a mixed bag but his teams are not mentally or physically tough.

Were it not for his extension and the fact that we just now stopped paying off our last coaching failure, I'd be all in on dumping him. He's made some cosmically poor choices that have handicapped this program. Wasted talent on defense and I don't know a high profile defensive recruit who would want to play for our joke DC who himself doesn't even recruit well.
I won't say they aren't tough because they always come back when down and never give up but I agree they are missing something.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly isn't going any where. He will fire VG soon.

It's not about whether or not he's going anywhere. Its about me wanting him gone.

This team is soft. This team was dominated in the trenches. Mistake after Mistake with Kelly teams and I've had enough. Facepalm me all you want, but 7 years is long enough for me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about whether or not he's going anywhere. Its about me wanting him gone.

This team is soft. This team was dominated in the trenches. Mistake after Mistake with Kelly teams and I've had enough. Facepalm me all you want, but 7 years is long enough for me.
Not me the guy has rebuilt this program. He just needs to get a good DC in there and we are off to the races. Don't get me wrong I am upset with him about that 2nd half and not trusting Kizer.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-brian-kelly-notre-dame-michigan-state-20160918-story.html

raw

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me the guy has rebuilt this program. He just needs to get a good DC in there and we are off to the races. Don't get me wrong I am upset with him about that 2nd half and not trusting Kizer.

He's never going to have Notre Dame on the same level as Alabama or Ohio St. He's proven that

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say they aren't tough because they always come back when down and never give up but I agree they are missing something.

They don't get enough pressure on the QB because they just don't seem to have the talent to do it or the guys that do don't know the defense enough yet and aren't getting put on the field. I've always been of the opinion that it's the coaches job to get those type of players on the field, so this is all a coaching failure.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't get enough pressure on the QB because they just don't seem to have the talent to do it or the guys that do don't know the defense enough yet and aren't getting put on the field. I've always been of the opinion that it's the coaches job to get those type of players on the field, so this is all a coaching failure.
we have a winner. 0 sacks in 3 games. I don't get it. we have 4 and 5 star recruits. Scheme sucks.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Sorry, coach, but these kind of comments, obviously made in a deflective manner, come off as nothing but hollow, tone-deaf excuses. How about starting some real insight by, first, stop denying reality. Like this:

Then Irish coach Brian Kelly, still freshly wounded, took exception to a question about how the team might have to rely on quarterback DeShone Kizer to carry it in light of the absence of its defense.

"Those are the typical questions that you get when, after three games, we give up some points," Kelly said.

Seriously? :L

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Sorry, coach, but these kind of comments, obviously made in a deflective manner, come off as nothing but hollow, tone-deaf excuses. How about starting some real insight by, first, stop denying reality. Like this:

Seriously? :L
There is Kelly for you :trash::kissass:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one will.

I agree Purguy no one will ever get Notre Dame to that level but that doesn't mean they can't get Notre Dame to a level where they can compete and beat them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Purguy no one will ever get Notre Dame to that level but that doesn't mean they can't get Notre Dame to a level where they can compete and beat them.
He has done that. We don't lose to the crap teams anymore. He took us to a National championship game. I mean the guy has done things no coach has done since Lou. Give the guy some credit.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has done that. We don't lose to the crap teams anymore. He took us to a National championship game. I mean the guy has done things no coach has done since Lou. Give the guy some credit.

I'm not sure I would say he's gotten the team to a point where they can consistently compete with those teams last years team could but if they lost a guy like Smith Ohio State could role on the defense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I would say he's gotten the team to a point where they can consistently compete with those teams last years team could but if they lost a guy like Smith Ohio State could role on the defense.
That I agree with it.