• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fins vs Falcons

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason football is considered by some to be meaningless games. When you are trying to make an NFL roster though the game means a lot more. This is a chance to see what the rookies can do against another roster.

I think the defense will have a big test against the Falcons but the Fins are getting better. This game can show how much individual players are progressing and somewhat how the units are doing.

I am interested to see what Davon Godchaux can do. I think he was a steal in the 5th round. He can be disruptive. The Fins secondary could be better than expected. This game could give us a glimpse of that. Also, the LB group has something to prove.

On offense I want to see if Grant can build upon his accomplishments in camp so far at WR along with guys like Caroo & the RBs. This game will be big for Doughty and Fales also.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fales may have made claim for third QB, if they plan on keeping three

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey great game thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fales may have made claim for third QB, if they plan on keeping three

Fales played a little bit better than Doughty. It was a really good pass to WR Stringfellow who made that huge catch and run. Doughty needs to work on his decision making. Sometimes it is better to just throw the ball away. He had two INTs and Fales had only one.

I like what I saw from the receivers and TEs. M. Gray had a good game. Both him and Duarte had 3 catches. It would be good for the Fins to get more out of the TE position this year.

McMillan getting injured is a tough loss but the Fins will have to be able to overcome adversity. Playoff teams handle setbacks and still win with their depth and good coaching. Hull could be a good choice to take that MLB spot. That is his natural position. At Penn State he had a lot of tackles. Also, Hull has some NFL experience.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible injury especially on ST why was he even out there if he's a potential starter? Why didn't they draft another LB due for the need? Lots of questions. Anyway they'll be playing a lot of nickel so we'll see a lot of Timmins and Alonzo there. Hull on early downs. Hopefully the depth holds up...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway they'll be playing a lot of nickel so we'll see a lot of Timmins and Alonzo there. Hull on early downs. Hopefully the depth holds up...

The Fins have some time to decide if Hull is a capable starter before teams have their roster cuts. I remember thinking they added some talent when they signed Hull & Hewitt after the draft a few years ago. Hull has a good opportunity now. McMillan should be back strong next season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have some time to decide if Hull is a capable starter before teams have their roster cuts. I remember thinking they added some talent when they signed Hull & Hewitt after the draft a few years ago. Hull has a good opportunity now. McMillan should be back strong next season.
I like Hull and Hewitt but if they go down then what? Lippett now out for the year this is crazy.... Stop the preseason already!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hull and Hewitt but if they go down then what? Lippett now out for the year this is crazy.... Stop the preseason already!

I think the Fins will be looking at other MLBs. Hull may be a little bit too small to man the middle long term. That said he is valuable to the team. Even if the team adds another MLB it takes time to learn the defensive calls. Hull has a few weeks to prove he is capable.

Hewitt is more of an OLB and the Fins have Timmons and Alonso starting in those spots. Hewitt provides good depth at the position.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Fins will be looking at other MLBs. Hull may be a little bit too small to man the middle long term. That said he is valuable to the team. Even if the team adds another MLB it takes time to learn the defensive calls. Hull has a few weeks to prove he is capable.

Hewitt is more of an OLB and the Fins have Timmons and Alonso starting in those spots. Hewitt provides good depth at the position.
Ever heard of a guy named Zach Thomas? Hull...who knows...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be great if Hull plays like him. One of the challenges though at his size is covering RBs. The Fins need to be able to count on him for at least the first two downs.

At Penn State he was the LB of the year in 2014 and he did well at the combine in some of the drills. He has potential. We'll see what he can do.

The Fins chose to not sign either Maualuga or Sheppard at their recent visits so the starting position is still undecided.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zach Thomas is a special exception to the norm at his height... It takes a ridiculously gifted guy at that size, to be a good NFL MLB.

Allen Iverson was 5'10 and became an NBA superstar. That didn't open the floodgates for a bunch of other sub-6 foot NBA stars. Those guys are special exceptions, due to insane talent. Just like Zach Thomas.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Thomas is a special exception to the norm at his height... It takes a ridiculously gifted guy at that size, to be a good NFL MLB.

Allen Iverson was 5'10 and became an NBA superstar. That didn't open the floodgates for a bunch of other sub-6 foot NBA stars. Those guys are special exceptions, due to insane talent. Just like Zach Thomas.
Doesn't mean that he can't be good for his size you just never know until they start playing games. When I've seen him he's not brutal.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean that he can't be good for his size you just never know until they start playing games. When I've seen him he's not brutal.

I think LB Chase Allen has played well although he isn't getting much hype. He has led the team in tackles during the last two games. I have also seen him make some big 1 on 1 hits/tackles to RBs. I think the Fins should keep him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said he couldn't be. I'm simply saying that mentioning Zach Thomas is anecdotal evidence. He's an exception, not the norm. That's all.