• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final thoughts on the 2014 season.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys think? I am so proud of this team, we were a team that should have been an 8 or 9 win team that ended up beating Auburn and winning the SEC. I am so excited for next year and I think we will win the National Title.

Offense: Our offense should be way more balanced next year in terms of who we give the ball to. We will have a lot of guys who are playmakers that teams will have to account for instead of just 1. Our O-line will be better so maybe we will run Henry, Drake, and Bo a lot more next year. OJ should get more touches and Jake should be ready to go from day one. Kenyan Drake should have a huge Reggie Bush type year IMO.

Defense: Now I am really excited about our Defense next year, We bring a lot back. We will have to replace Landon and Trey but hopefully Reuben Foster and Hootie Jones will be ready to go. Tony Brown should know the defensive system and be a starter at CB from Day one next year. Cyrus had a better year this year and probably will be the other starter. Finally, I expect Rashaan Evans to finally be the elite Pass rusher we have been missing these last couple of years and Rashaan should have a monster year.

ST: Not worried about our kicking game at all next year, JK Scott is the best punter in the country and Griff was 7/7 on field goals before he hurt his back this year.

This team should win the National title if their attitude is right and hopefully it will be.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I see the Starting Offense next year:

QB-Coker
RB- Henry
WR1-Chris Black
WR2-Ardarius Stewart
WR3-Robert Foster
TE- OJ Howard
LT- Robinson
LG- Piersbacher or Dominick Jackson
C-Kelly
RG-Bozeman
RT-Hill

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I see the defense next year:

DE- Allen
DT-Robinson
DE- Reed- But if he declares Ryan Anderson
LB-Evans
LB-Devall
LB-Foster
LB-Ragland-But if he declares Shaun Hamilton
CB- Tony Brown
CB- Cyrus Jones
FS- Hootie Jones
SS- Geno Smith

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very proud of those guys too. Had you told me at the first of the season that we'd end up winning the SEC and going to the playoffs with Sims at QB I would've thought you were crazy. That dude came a LONG way and his dedication to this team and work ethic were 2nd to none.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Spring I said no fucking way Sims would be QB but he proved me wrong an Im glad he did.

Although I do think we had to simplify our offense for him this year and he didn't have the mental capacity to read a defense IMO. But the dude had heart and saved our ass against LSU, Miss.State, and AuBarn

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a rebuilding year I'm pleased. This team severely overachieved. I had a hard time getting behind this team, I wish I could share the secrets I know regarding substance rehab, arrests, and over all character flaws with this team. Our secondary was a hot mess and the teams weak point this year. Sims played a lot better than I expected but his lack of being a true quarterback hurt us. Hopefully we will have a true quarterback step up for next year. Kiffin did okay but he doesn't like running the ball, so I'm okay if he leaves. If we ran the ball against OSU, we would have beat them.

Overall Team MVP - JK Scott
Offense MVP - I don't think we had one, Cooper maybe, but I'd go Cam Robinson first
Defense MVP - I don't think we had one, Landon Collins maybe
Special Team MVP - JK Scott / R. Foster

Disappointments:
Depriest - he looked like an average linebacker to me
OJ Howard - he couldn't catch anything this year, and his poor effort cost of the Ole Miss game.
All DB's - they all sucked and I hope we have multiple kids step up to replace them next year. It's sad when you fear giving up 3rd and 15 more than 3rd and inches.
D. Henry - his first 3 yards once touching the ball is pathetic, he trips to easy, after that he's a beast.

With a QB and better DB's, next year should be another good year for Bama. Roll Tide and run the ball.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive got us going the usual 11-1(we always seem to blow 1 game) with our loss being either @Georgia or @aTm

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a rebuilding year I'm pleased. This team severely overachieved. I had a hard time getting behind this team, I wish I could share the secrets I know regarding substance rehab, arrests, and over all character flaws with this team. Our secondary was a hot mess and the teams weak point this year. Sims played a lot better than I expected but his lack of being a true quarterback hurt us. Hopefully we will have a true quarterback step up for next year. Kiffin did okay but he doesn't like running the ball, so I'm okay if he leaves. If we ran the ball against OSU, we would have beat them.

Overall Team MVP - JK Scott
Offense MVP - I don't think we had one, Cooper maybe, but I'd go Cam Robinson first
Defense MVP - I don't think we had one, Landon Collins maybe
Special Team MVP - JK Scott / R. Foster

Disappointments:
Depriest - he looked like an average linebacker to me
OJ Howard - he couldn't catch anything this year, and his poor effort cost of the Ole Miss game.
All DB's - they all sucked and I hope we have multiple kids step up to replace them next year. It's sad when you fear giving up 3rd and 15 more than 3rd and inches.
D. Henry - his first 3 yards once touching the ball is pathetic, he trips to easy, after that he's a beast.

With a QB and better DB's, next year should be another good year for Bama. Roll Tide and run the ball.

Is it just me or did DePreist look fatter and Slower this year??

I feel we didn't target OJ enough to give him a chance to do well.

Henry is a rhythm runner and we didn't give him enough carries sometimes to get him going IMO.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know much of anything about Tyren Jones? Dude's the most violent runner on the team and has been exciting to watch in his limited role so far. I expected him to get so PT in the Sugar Bowl with Yeldon banged up but only saw him on special teams. Maybe he has an attitude problem or can't hold on to the ball or something. :noidea:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know much of anything about Tyren Jones? Dude's the most violent runner on the team and has been exciting to watch in his limited role so far. I expected him to get so PT in the Sugar Bowl with Yeldon banged up but only saw him on special teams. Maybe he has an attitude problem or can't hold on to the ball or something. :noidea:

Yea he runs like a stick of dynamite. Unfortunately I think It will be 2016 before he gets significant playing time at RB. I think Bo will be the number 2 running back behind Henry (Drake will be used in more of a scat back type of role next year IMO) and also if we get Damien Harris, Jones might transfer out IMO.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, this team overachieved big time. I was at A-Day and thought we might lose 3 or 4 at least this year if Sims was our starter. But he improved and proved all of us wrong I think. I think the loss of Sunseri hurt us more than we expected, we could have used his instincts and heart this year. Cyrus Jones played well one minute and then looked like a middle school corner the next. Depreist was a huge disappointment. Linebacker and secondary hurt us a lot this year. Defensive line was our strongest position.

Our oline is soft I think. Robinson and Kelly are our best players on the line. Definitely gonna need some retooling there, but with the way we've recruited lineman it should improve. I think Cristobol will turn it around. Kiffin only had a couple of bad games IMO, the Sugar Bowl was one. We need to find a kicker, I know Griffith has been hurt but we need a new one. Scott saved us in a ton of games this year, future NFL punter for sure. A lot of work is gonna be needed this offseason. QB, WR, RB, Oline, LB, SECONDARY, kicker all need to be addressed and improved/replaced.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking if our defense just improves a little bit next year with JK Scott at punter, teams would hardly ever score on us. No way they would be able to drive the field on us.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10420293_1582792265269231_5351627354419747001_n.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't mad.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you guys underachieved with all those 5 star athletes you had.

:dhd:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you guys underachieved with all those 5 star athletes you had.

:dhd:

Everybody brings up how well we recruit but because of that the downfall is we always have a young team every year with very little Sr. Leadership because we lose a lot of Jrs. every year. If players were required to stay all 4 years we would have won at least 1 or 2 more NC's these last 8 years.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this where I'm supposed to pitch a fit and kick outsiders off our board. I guess I need to make sure Mamba hasn't started a thread on the CFB General sending people here yet though.

:happy: