• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: FINAL FOUR

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is trying to swim over him. It's a basketball move. They wouldn't have been a foul for 50 years of hoops. The rule change was meant to stop people from swinging elbows on rebounds and vs defensive pressure. People are trying to apply that to every time a player gets hit in the face/head. Clearly the officials took it as accidental contact during a basketball move, the last part being the most important. Wisky won congrats, but citing this as a call in the league of the non-shot clock violation is silly. It would be like me citing the Wisky flops. annoying calls based on your perspective, but they are judgement calls.
You (oh, and the refs) are maybe the only people in the universe that construed that motion to be a "basketball move". I mean Christ, the ball was bouncing in the OTHER DIRECTION, not even close to those two. Take the blinders off, sir

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said it under his breath.. I'm not going to rip the guy for saying what was on his mind at the time.. Frank frustrated the hell out of them and it was obvious..

For once, I completely agree with you. That's really kind of the ultimate compliment if you think about it...especially when it wasn't meant to be heard.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You (oh, and the refs) are maybe the only people in the universe that construed that motion to be a "basketball move". I mean Christ, the ball was bouncing in the OTHER DIRECTION, not even close to those two. Take the blinders off, sir

Look at the replay and tell me isn't attempting to swim across him.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pffft...whatevs. Codaxx was right. UK dude was desperately trying to get his arm behind the guy. BFD. Anyone who has played BB for 10 minutes has been smacked around the face and neck by this same action.

What's worse is thee asswipes attaching race. "black guy hit white guy because...blah blah blah" Go fuck yourself. It was a glorious competition...keep you shitstain off of it. (ZONA didn't say that...reading others in the thread)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything u were spewing last night about them is the exact same thing the team you cheer for has modeled the last few seasons. im guessing u don't follow college basketball closely
Duke is a real university with real student athletes. The same can't be said for Kentucky and Calipari's recruits.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pffft...whatevs. Codaxx was right. UK dude was desperately trying to get his arm behind the guy. BFD. Anyone who has played BB for 10 minutes has been smacked around the face and neck by this same action.

What's worse is thee asswipes attaching race. "black guy hit white guy because...blah blah blah" Go fuck yourself. It was a glorious competition...keep you shitstain off of it. (ZONA didn't say that...reading others in the thread)
Race was a huge factor in this game as Andrew Harrison showed us when he slipped and let his real feeling about losing to a white team show in the presser. Don't kid yourself.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke is a real university with real student athletes. The same can't be said for Kentucky and Calipari's recruits.

hmm. Wasn't Duke the subject of an ESPN OTL report about the 3 year sociology degree and the surprising amount of hoops players that elect the program?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Race was a huge factor in this game as Andrew Harrison showed us when he slipped and let his real feeling about losing to a white team show in the presser. Don't kid yourself.

Hey, whatever motivation they could find. Losing sucks but Harrison probably has new found respect for the guys who beat him. They're just stupid kids...let 'em learn and don't read too much into it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it wasnt. If anyone thinks a bunch of 18 year olds playing hoops is relevant to race relations in the world, they just maybe a racist

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kyrie irving, Jabari parker, tyus jones, okafor, and winslow?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke is a real faggot university with real flunkies for student athletes. The same can't be said for Kentucky and Calipari's recruits.

Duke grads tend to live in a fantasy...something like a gay pr0no.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm. Wasn't Duke the subject of an ESPN OTL report about the 3 year sociology degree and the surprising amount of hoops players that elect the program?
C'mon, Duke players are smart but even they don't graduate in 3 years.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wasnt. If anyone thinks a bunch of 18 year olds playing hoops is relevant to race relations in the world, they just maybe a racist
I have no problem admitting I like to see players of my race do well. I'm extremely proud of my race though I know they are at the top of the heap through no effort of mine. Especially when they are the underdog and they use hard work and smarts to beat a big dumb athletic team.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kyrie irving, Jabari parker, tyus jones, okafor, and winslow?
Okafor and Winslow, especially Winslow, seem very well spoken, intelligent, modest and hard-working young men. Can't help but admire that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke grads tend to live in a fantasy...something like a gay pr0no.
And we tend to be very, very successful in life. But then most high class, intelligent people like we who went to Duke and other institutions of higher learning on its level of excellence, get to live in a world which Kentucky non-grads would describe as a fantasy. You are correct about that but I don't see your point.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is trying to swim over him. It's a basketball move. They wouldn't have been a foul for 50 years of hoops. The rule change was meant to stop people from swinging elbows on rebounds and vs defensive pressure. People are trying to apply that to every time a player gets hit in the face/head. Clearly the officials took it as accidental contact during a basketball move, the last part being the most important. Wisky won congrats, but citing this as a call in the league of the non-shot clock violation is silly. It would be like me citing the Wisky flops. annoying calls based on your perspective, but they are judgement calls.

Swim move? Really? Take the homer glasses off. He slapped him in the face. It was an intentional cheap shot and it should have been 2 FT's and the possession. The 2 they got that they shouldn't basically made up for it. Better team won. Move on.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swim move? Really? Take the homer glasses off. He slapped him in the face. It was an intentional cheap shot and it should have been 2 FT's and the possession. The 2 they got that they shouldn't basically made up for it. Better team won. Move on.

Actually his elbow hit first and he threw an entire forearm if you want to be correct, instead of trying to frame it as a slap. throwing your outside arm into and player, while lifting your inside arm is generally considered a swim.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually his elbow hit first and he threw an entire forearm if you want to be correct, instead of trying to frame it as a slap. throwing your outside arm into and player, while lifting your inside arm is generally considered a swim.

Just give it up. He intentionally hit him in the face pretty hard and everybody except you seems to be able to accept that. It should have been a flagrant and it wasn't, even though they reviewed it.