• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FINAL AP TOP 25

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you didn't prove anything. USF and Memphis finished their season with 0 ranked wins. Their best wins were over two P5 teams that finished 6-7. That is not good. No, the MAC, Conference USA, and MWC were not worse. They at least had decent depth. The AAC had none.
What quality wins did the MAC, CUSA, MWC have?
Sagarin’s has the AAC west as the best non P5 division at 10 and the East was 13th. So according to them, they are the best non-P5 conference.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you didn't prove anything. USF and Memphis finished their season with 0 ranked wins. Their best wins were over two P5 teams that finished 6-7. That is not good. No, the MAC, Conference USA, and MWC were not worse. They at least had decent depth. The AAC had none.

25% of the AAC finished in the top 25. Those other conferences didn’t get any quality wins ethier. You are just being rediculous and it’s showing.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of arguing about a game that will never happen. Realistically — IMO, UCF would loss to OSU by multiple touchdowns. They don’t have the athletes necessary to stop them on offense and OSU would be able to get some stops on defense.

Saying OSU would hold them to 7 points is a stretch. Michigan’s offense was an absolute dumpster fire and we scored 20, and it would have been much more if we had a QB who could hit open WR’s.

I think OSU/UCF would look like a Big 12 game, where OSU puts up 50-60 points and UCF puts up around 30.

I don’t see a scenario where UCF would beat OSU though?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody know how much Harbaugh's raise would have been if they had finished
ranked?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What quality wins did the MAC, CUSA, MWC have?
Sagarin’s has the AAC west as the best non P5 division at 10 and the East was 13th. So according to them, they are the best non-P5 conference.
There was at least a better collection of good teams. The AAC was UCF, USF, Memphis, and absolutely nothing.

Sagarin's rankings are largely influenced by UCF going unbeaten and beating Auburn. If you actually look at the conference itself, though, it was just trash.

At any rate, UCF had two "challenges" in conference (I use the term loosely, USF and Memphis would've been 6-7 win teams in a real P5 conference), and then nothing but crap, so acting like they have an elite offense when they're facing off with those sort of teams for the entire season is absurd.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of arguing about a game that will never happen. Realistically — IMO, UCF would loss to OSU by multiple touchdowns. They don’t have the athletes necessary to stop them on offense and OSU would be able to get some stops on defense.

Saying OSU would hold them to 7 points is a stretch. Michigan’s offense was an absolute dumpster fire and we scored 20, and it would have been much more if we had a QB who could hit open WR’s.

I think OSU/UCF would look like a Big 12 game, where OSU puts up 50-60 points and UCF puts up around 30.

I don’t see a scenario where UCF would beat OSU though?
My original post was saying if OSU played at the top of their game they'd win by 35. If their defense could hold Wisconsin to 14 and USC to 7, they could hold UCF to under 10.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25% of the AAC finished in the top 25. Those other conferences didn’t get any quality wins ethier. You are just being rediculous and it’s showing.
Ok

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From sagarin’s website 30 seconds ago
View attachment 170159

There was at least a better collection of good teams. The AAC was UCF, USF, Memphis, and absolutely nothing.

Sagarin's rankings are largely influenced by UCF going unbeaten and beating Auburn. If you actually look at the conference itself, though, it was just trash.

At any rate, UCF had two "challenges" in conference (I use the term loosely, USF and Memphis would've been 6-7 win teams in a real P5 conference), and then nothing but crap, so acting like they have an elite offense when they're facing off with those sort of teams for the entire season is absurd.
That division was ranked high well before the Auburn game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That division was ranked high well before the Auburn game.
I guess if you call the 10th best division in the FBS "ranked high". Again, this was more about them having a supposedly elite offense but playing in a weak conference. They were 3 spots behind the B1G West, which was crucified for being awful this year. Wisconsin got ripped apart for being unbeaten playing in it, yet it was ranked higher than the AAC West already. How UCF finished ahead of Wisconsin, I have no idea.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you call the 10th best division in the FBS "ranked high". Again, this was more about them having a supposedly elite offense but playing in a weak conference. They were 3 spots behind the B1G West, which was crucified for being awful this year. Wisconsin got ripped apart for being unbeaten playing in it, yet it was ranked higher than the AAC West already. How UCF finished ahead of Wisconsin, I have no idea.
It’s ranked higher than every single G5 which you said were better.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s ranked higher than every single G5 which you said were better.
I guess. If you're going by Sagarin though, UCF isn't even top 10 themselves. He ranked them 13th, while he ranked Ohio State 2nd. Hardly a stretch to say OSU wouldn't be able to beat them handily. Wisconsin was 7th and we held their offense to 14, while USC was 15th and we held them to 7. Holding UCF to 10 seems very doable.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. If you're going by Sagarin though, UCF isn't even top 10 themselves. He ranked them 13th, while he ranked Ohio State 2nd. Hardly a stretch to say OSU wouldn't be able to beat them handily. Wisconsin was 7th and we held their offense to 14, while USC was 15th and we held them to 7. Holding UCF to 10 seems very doable.
You couldn’t keep horrible offenses like UNLV, Michigan, Illinois, or Nebraska to 10 points but you are going to be able to keep a good offense to 10? Right.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn’t keep horrible offenses like UNLV, Michigan, Illinois, or Nebraska to 10 points but you are going to be able to keep a good offense to 10? Right.
Well UNLV didn't score a single point until our entire second string was in and we were up 37-0 in the 2nd quarter. Illinois scored 7 offensive points (other 7 was on a fumble return when, again the 2nd/3rd string offense was in), and Nebraska didn't score a point until we were already up 42-0 and, you guessed it, our backups were all in. So, doesn't look like you researched those very well.

michigan came out on fire in that game and we came out flat. One of their TDs came on a 6 yard drive after our offense turned it over. They scored early in the 3rd and then our defense tightened up and shut them out.

Again, if our defense is playing like it did against Wisconsin and USC where they gave up 21 combined points, yeah we can absolutely keep UCF to 10. Hell, if they played like they did in those games you mentioned outside of michigan we could hold them to 10. I'm assuming you're not saying OSU has to put in their backups against UCF's first team.