• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FINAL AP TOP 25

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So using common sense, what makes them an elite offense? The 27 points they scored against an Auburn team that didn't give a shit about playing (7 of which came on a 21 yard drive after Auburn fumbled)? Or was it running up the score on the rest of their lame duck schedule?

I don't put much stock into meaningless bowl games, so that game really had no effect on my opinion about them as an offense. You can be elite without having played elite competition. You have literally no evidence to suggest they weren't a top 10 offense. Literally, none.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU will end up in at least 6th next season. Doubt they can catch the lightning in the bottle with MS still there, but stranger things could happen. We now have another team to get evens on....

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I never said that either you fucking idiot. Your inference however is that UT-San Antonio has a better defense than Alabama. If you're going to just use the raw data and say UCF has a better offense than PSU or USC, why is the UT-San Antonio/Alabama comparison any different?

What makes them better? The presences of elite, NFL-caliber talent maybe?

Goddamn you are really bad at this.

Look at post 175 ya stupid fuck. Ya did infer that.

If you are going to not use data and just say PSU and USC have better offenses because OSU played them or you believe they have “elite NFL caliber talent” but UCF has nothing all the while putting up better numbersthen I can’t help you.

My lord, look around. You ar the only one believing your utter bullshit in this.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put much stock into meaningless bowl games, so that game really had no effect on my opinion about them as an offense. You can be elite without having played elite competition. You have literally no evidence to suggest they weren't a top 10 offense. Literally, none.
Maybe, maybe not. I know they faced 1 team with any semblance of a defense, and they played them in a worthless bowl game that they didn't care at all about. Otherwise, what other defenses did they face? Anyone worth a shit?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. I know they faced 1 team with any semblance of a defense, and they played them in a worthless bowl game that they didn't care at all about. Otherwise, what other defenses did they face? Anyone worth a shit?

I don't know, but they must not have been shitty enough to keep them from being a top 10 offense.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're taking literally the worst defensive game OSU has had in over 2 decades as your example. I think it was actually my first post regarding this conversation where I said if OSU is playing at the top of their game they would beat UCF by 35. Even later, I elaborated on that pointing out the defensive efforts posted against offenses like USC or Wisconsin. If they can shut down those offenses, there's no reason to think they can't shut down UCF. If they play like they did against Iowa, anyone in the nation would put up 30, but it's been pretty well proven that that game was a complete aberration.
I'll give you USC, but Wisconsin?
I don't think even Wisconsin fans, except Great Dayne of course, would say they have a great offense. I'd be shocked if they were even in the top 50 for total offense honestly

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think even Wisconsin fans, except Great Dayne of course, would say they have a great offense. I'd be shocked if they were even in the top 50 for total offense honestly
They were 44th in yards per game and 23rd in points per game.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 44th in yards per game and 23rd in points per game.
Much better than I expected. Still not something I would be bragging about though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at post 175 ya stupid fuck. Ya did infer that.

If you are going to not use data and just say PSU and USC have better offenses because OSU played them or you believe they have “elite NFL caliber talent” but UCF has nothing all the while putting up better numbersthen I can’t help you.

My lord, look around. You ar the only one believing your utter bullshit in this.
Holy hell, you get stupider as we go along. In what world does the phrase "isn't far-fetched" mean the same thing as "without a doubt"?

I'm going to use data supporting PSU and USC because we see upstart teams pop up all the time but they're not legit. The reasons I listed as very, very sound as well. Care to actually address/refute them with your own critical thinking? I'd guess no.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take their offense over UCF's.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell, you get stupider as we go along. In what world does the phrase "isn't far-fetched" mean the same thing as "without a doubt"?

I'm going to use data supporting PSU and USC because we see upstart teams pop up all the time but they're not legit. The reasons I listed as very, very sound as well. Care to actually address/refute them with your own critical thinking? I'd guess no.

Keep digging your hole dipshit. You are acting and talking as if Ohio st would do it 9 of 10 Times.

The reason you just gave about upstart teams is hilarious and not actually a legit reason using data it’s just your opinion.

What sound reasons did you list? Because your running back had a 1,000 yards. The reasons you listed are you just being an absolute homer. Your defense held just 3 of your opponents in the regular season to 7 points. Yet they’ll have no problem doing that vs a top 10 offense? Spare us. An it’s humorous you tout that USC offense but yet say auburn didn’t want to be there in two meaningless bowl games.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% spot on.

I'm not going to say they played great defenses when they didn't. With that said, you still can't find a single metric to dispute them being a top 10 offense. :pound:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's literally no data to support USC having a better offense, other than in your biased head, that is.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep digging your hole dipshit. You are acting and talking as if Ohio st would do it 9 of 10 Times.

The reason you just gave about upstart teams is hilarious and not actually a legit reason using data it’s just your opinion.

What sound reasons did you list? Because your running back had a 1,000 yards. The reasons you listed are you just being an absolute homer. Your defense held just 3 of your opponents in the regular season to 7 points. Yet they’ll have no problem doing that vs a top 10 offense? Spare us. An it’s humorous you tout that USC offense but yet say auburn didn’t want to be there in two meaningless bowl games.
So again, in your mind, "isn't far-fetched" means the same thing as "without a doubt"? Please help me clarify. Just making sure I clarify what you actually said. Keep going.

So you really didn't read anything I said at all. I never said a RB had 1,000 yards. I said our RB had over 1,400 yards, our QB nearly had 1,000, and our backup RB had over 600 with 10 TDs, and UCF's run defense is shit. I guess pointing out the ways we would be a mismatch means I'm a homer, even when they're based on stats?

Go ahead and read the lead up stuff on USC going to the Cotton. They were furious that they were given no chance to be in the playoff even though they were a 2-loss conference champ. Meanwhile, Auburn had nothing because they had their playoff ticket in front of them and then laid an egg. Did you actually watch the Auburn-UCF game? I already know the answer is no since you have no idea what was actually happening in that game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, you aren’t being objective. You are being a homer. This proves it.
Because I think Wisconsin's offense is better? I'm not a Wisconsin fan, dumbfuck. Guess what? I'd take a LOT of P5 offenses from all 5 conferences over UCF's. Am I now just a massive P5 homer, too?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's literally no data to support USC having a better offense, other than in your biased head, that is.
Even with the Pac 12 being down this year, they were far better than the AAC. I mean, it's not even close. Unless now you're going to start pimping Memphis and USF now, who combined to literally beat nobody this year?

USC has an elite QB. USC has an elite RB. USC has an elite WR. USC has pro-level depth.

On the other hand, UCF has a little midget playing QB who put up amazing numbers against the creampuffs. They have a pedestrian group of RBs, and they have what appears to be one decent WR, who again, only really blew up against creampuffs.

Look, they were a nice story with their cute little "national title" and all, but don't be stupid. UCF is not an elite team.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is. USC only scored because of our returnman muffing a punt. Wisconsin scored 14 and they have an elite RB who we shut completely down. UCF did a nice job of putting up big numbers in a little kid conference and struggled to beat the only real opponent they faced, who didn't give two shits about even being there.

No, their running game doesn't have better numbers. Not even close. Where the hell would you get that? We were 8th in rushing while UCF was 35th. Their leading rusher had 790 yards. Our top RB had 1403 and our QB had 798, and we had another RB with over 600 to go with 10 TDs. Again, you don't know shit about football.

Come on man. Ohio State is obviously better than USCs espcially USC O line against Ohio State D line But Ohio State scored most of their points off of USC mistakes. So to say USC "only " scored because of Ohio States mistake means Ohio State couldn't score more than 14 without a USC mistake. USC no huge mistakes in the second half and Ohio State didn't score in the second half. And USC had over 400 yards. They just shot themselves in the foot too many times.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man. Ohio State is obviously better than USCs espcially USC O line against Ohio State D line But Ohio State scored most of their points off of USC mistakes. So to say USC "only " scored because of Ohio States mistake means Ohio State couldn't score more than 14 without a USC mistake. USC no huge mistakes in the second half and Ohio State didn't score in the second half.
I'm only talking about how our defense played. Frankly your defense did a fantastic job against our offense. We definitely didn't win it because of JT Barrett & Co.