• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final AP Top 25 of the season (you know if anybody cares)

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually we are because you're arguing about whether OU would beat USC at this point.
Fair enough. Opinions are what Sportshoopla is all about and IMO, USC would have beaten Oklahoma this season.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my view on a OU vs USC

OU offense is easy 2 TD's better then PSU, maybe more
USC offense is about the same skill and talent, as OkieLite

So now it comes down to defense and I give it a push. USC is better but just like Bama, they would be worn out in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I think it would be a great game and entertaining to watch but OU has way to many weapons for USC

Has there ever been a team with 3 loses ranked 3rd????

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my view on a OU vs USC

OU offense is easy 2 TD's better then PSU, maybe more
USC offense is about the same skill and talent, as OkieLite

So now it comes down to defense and I give it a push. USC is better but just like Bama, they would be worn out in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I think it would be a great game and entertaining to watch but OU has way to many weapons for USC

Has there ever been a team with 3 loses ranked 3rd????

I don't squat about Okie lite so you'll have to show me/tell me how their offense is about the same as USC as far as talent. USC has arguably one if not the top QBs around whos mentioned as a Heisman candidate next season. On the O line They have two All American tackles and a guard who is also going to the NFL. They have WR Juju Smith whos possibly a first round pick They have Darreous Rogers who was even more effective than Juju , a slot receiver in Burrnett who caught 3 TDS in the Rose bowl . A TE who came on late in the season and became a major weapon for Darnold. Ronald Jones went over a thousand yards this season but USC was a passing team once Darnold got rolling and the wild card in Adoree who if needed adds big play ability every time he touches the ball. Now USC doesn't and has never been a let it fly type of offense. But they have the talent on offense that few teams have.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't squat about Okie lite so you'll have to show me/tell me how their offense is about the same as USC as far as talent. USC has arguably one if not the top QBs around whos mentioned as a Heisman candidate next season. On the O line They have two All American tackles and a guard who is also going to the NFL. They have WR Juju Smith whos possibly a first round pick They have Darreous Rogers who was even more effective than Juju , a slot receiver in Burrnett who caught 3 TDS in the Rose bowl . A TE who came on late in the season and became a major weapon for Darnold. Ronald Jones went over a thousand yards this season but USC was a passing team once Darnold got rolling and the wild card in Adoree who if needed adds big play ability every time he touches the ball. Now USC doesn't and has never been a let it fly type of offense. But they have the talent on offense that few teams have.

I said skill wise, it's a push

QB's push
WR's Big Edge Okielite,
RB's USC

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB's push
WR's Big Edge Okielite,
RB's USC

QB push?
Darnold QBR 86.8 (second in the country) 161.1 rat, Cmp % 67.2

Rudolph QBR 76.9 (18th) 158.9 rat, Cmp % 63.4

First year starter Darnold, mind you.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB's push
WR's Big Edge Okielite,
RB's USC

Do you have any analysis that supports your "Big Edge" to Okie Lite on WR's? I see Juju as a probable second rounder as maybe the fifth WR taken in the draft. I don't See James Washington listed? I could be missing it because before today I haven't really paid attention to Okie lite, so I honestly don't know. Washington did put up bigger yards than Juju but I thought is was more because Rudolph didn't spread the ball around as much. Oklahoma State threw for more yards but fewer touchdowns. Really don't see anything to suggest a Big Edge to them in Wide Receiver.

It would be interesting to see why you wrote that though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW at 4? Doesn't matter that much to me. They were in the national discussion and had their chance at the playoffs. That's all I care about. Who is above or below them on the final polls doesn't matter all that much.

I think the importance of the final rankings depends on your teams overall season. For UW, you guys probably shouldn't care all that much about finishing #4 because of all of the success (PAC North Champs, PAC Champs and making the playoff) through out the season.

For me, as a USC fan, I'm pretty pleased that we finished in the top 5 because at one point we were sitting at 1-3 and looking like we'd be lucky to be bowl eligible, let alone make the Rose Bowl and finish with such a high ranking.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the importance of the final rankings depends on your teams overall season. For UW, you guys probably shouldn't care all that much about finishing #4 because of all of the success (PAC North Champs, PAC Champs and making the playoff) through out the season.

For me, as a USC fan, I'm pretty pleased that we finished in the top 5 because at one point we were sitting at 1-3 and looking like we'd be lucky to be bowl eligible, let alone make the Rose Bowl and finish with such a high ranking.
But you finished top 5 because of how you played which wouldn't change if you weren't rewarded for it with a higher final poll. The games speak for themselves in your case as well. It's those results against good teams that will sell the program, and more importantly this coaching staff.

I've just never really been much of a fan of the polling system in general and have said as much. Of course I still look at them and I'm happier when UW is in the top 25 than when they aren't, but it's automatic you will be in if you just go play well and ultimately as a fan that's what I want. Just go play well and win games.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not its the only measuring stick for most teams. If you got into a playoff or a New years top six bowl then pretty much you know where you fall . But otherwise without some sort of list you don't know where to rank your 9-4 season against the other twenty 9-4 teams. Your 4 losses could be against winning teams and you might be btter than some 10-3 teams while another teams 4 losses could be against shit teams and their wins were against shit teams. Thus you're team is ranked higher. In the NFL so many teams get into the playoff so no one cares which teams were better than the other teams that didn't make the playoffs. Maybe once and if they expand to eight there will be less talk about whos ranked higher since the playoff would be what separates teams. Or I could be drinking too much coffee this morning. It's fucking rained here in LA for what seems like two straight weeks. How the hell do you people in the NW live like this.lol