• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FIFA announces investigation into Luis Suarez biting Giorgio Chiellini

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,768.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFA has announced it will investigate the Luis Suarez alleged biting incident with Liverpool's Uruguayan striker likely to face a lengthy ban if found guilty.

Suarez appeared to bite Italy's Giorgio Chiellini towards the end of Uruguay's 1-0 Group D World Cup win, leaving teeth-marks on his shoulder.

A FIFA spokesperson told Press Association Sport: "We are awaiting the official match reports and will gather all the necessary elements in order to evaluate the matter."

FIFA asked the team to present evidence, which can include video recordings, by 5 p.m. local time Wednesday. A decision must be published before Saturday, when Uruguay plays Colombia in a round-of-16 match at Maracana stadium.

Source: ESPN FC

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFA has announced it will investigate the Luis Suarez alleged biting incident with Liverpool's Uruguayan striker likely to face a lengthy ban if found guilty.

Suarez appeared to bite Italy's Giorgio Chiellini towards the end of Uruguay's 1-0 Group D World Cup win, leaving teeth-marks on his shoulder.

A FIFA spokesperson told Press Association Sport: "We are awaiting the official match reports and will gather all the necessary elements in order to evaluate the matter."

FIFA asked the team to present evidence, which can include video recordings, by 5 p.m. local time Wednesday. A decision must be published before Saturday, when Uruguay plays Colombia in a round-of-16 match at Maracana stadium.

Source: ESPN FC

I heard he faces up to a two year ban. Does that include club?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he faces up to a two year ban. Does that include club?

I believe it would, and it should. What the fuck is wrong with someone who thinks biting is even remotely okay?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the third time. He should just be banned for life. The first two suspensions didn't teach him anything so why waste more time and energy on this punk?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you think Uruguayan fans think of Suarez? Yes he's a great player, but he is a total douche that continuously hurts his team with his boneheaded antics. He's had several issues with racism (which FIFA is battling), biting (which he should've learned not to do as a toddler. I mean biting is what pussies do in fights when they have all but lost.), and if you remember correctly he had that hand ball in the box last World Cup that prevented a goal and helped lead Uruguay to a victory over Ghana in the knockout round (this isn't as egregious as the aforementioned instances, but still displays very unsportsmanlike actions.) if I were a Uruguayan fan, I would be pushing for the team to leave Suarez off of the team. He'll only let them down again.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year ban starting immediately. Mandatory therapy/anger management classes.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an idiot. Liverpool were just beginning to build a year in/year out top 4 team again. SaS with some playmakers around them. I would hope he's played his last home game at Anfield, hopefully they can continue to build and move on.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you think Uruguayan fans think of Suarez? Yes he's a great player, but he is a total douche that continuously hurts his team with his boneheaded antics. He's had several issues with racism (which FIFA is battling), biting (which he should've learned not to do as a toddler. I mean biting is what pussies do in fights when they have all but lost.), and if you remember correctly he had that hand ball in the box last World Cup that prevented a goal and helped lead Uruguay to a victory over Ghana in the knockout round (this isn't as egregious as the aforementioned instances, but still displays very unsportsmanlike actions.) if I were a Uruguayan fan, I would be pushing for the team to leave Suarez off of the team. He'll only let them down again.

Read a story recently on how the Uruguayans are very dismissive of the criticism and in denial about Suarez's actions on the field. In that story the reporter was trying to investigate an indecent when Suarez was 15 where he allegedly headbutted a ref and spit on him. It was very apparent that the countries FA and Gov't didn't want anyone to know about it. He's THE national hero down there. I'm wondering him getting suspended in the world cup will change things though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a story recently on how the Uruguayans are very dismissive of the criticism and in denial about Suarez's actions on the field. In that story the reporter was trying to investigate an indecent when Suarez was 15 where he allegedly headbutted a ref and spit on him. It was very apparent that the countries FA and Gov't didn't want anyone to know about it. He's THE national hero down there. I'm wondering him getting suspended in the world cup will change things though.

Big shock there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow... That explains a lot. Uruguay needs to be banned from the next World Cup for creating such a monster. No wonder Suarez is such a douche.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move. Liverpool is in trouble though. No suarez until November? That's 2 full months of the EPL

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have been at least a year ban though. Third time this total dirt bag has done this and that's all they give him? Embarrass the sport on the biggest stage it has and he loses 9 games/4 months. :noidea:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not aware that FIFA had the jurisdiction to ban players from league games. I heard he is going to miss the 9 EPL games and 3 Champion League games. What an idiot.