• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fielder and Pujols

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What teams do you think are actually realistically interested and able financially to procure services for either of these guys?

The folllowing normally "able" teams already have a premium 1B or are having financial issues:

NYY has Teix
Boston has Agon
Mets - ownership mess (last I heard - correct me if I'm wrong)
Dodgers - same as Mets
Detroit - Cabrera
Philly - Howard

I see the Rangers competition (if in fact the Rangers are interested) as:

Angels (big threat)
Cubs (big threat)
Nationals (big threat)
Cardinals (for Pujols only)
Brewers (doesn't seem likely)
Orioles (maybe)
Giants (not sure about Zito/Beltran's contracts)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What teams do you think are actually realistically interested and able financially to procure services for either of these guys?

The folllowing normally "able" teams already have a premium 1B or are having financial issues:

NYY has Teix
Boston has Agon
Mets - ownership mess (last I heard - correct me if I'm wrong)
Dodgers - same as Mets
Detroit - Cabrera
Philly - Howard

I see the Rangers competition (if in fact the Rangers are interested) as:

Angels (big threat)
Cubs (big threat)
Nationals (big threat)
Cardinals (for Pujols only)
Brewers (doesn't seem likely)
Orioles (maybe)
Giants (not sure about Zito/Beltran's contracts)

Angels won't have the money to sign either of them. I'd see the Cubs, Nats, and Cards as the main people going after those two.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Angels won't have the money to sign either of them. I'd see the Cubs, Nats, and Cards as the main people going after those two.

I thought the Angels had some bad/high $$$ contracts coming off the books ie Matthews, Abreu, and Hunter. I guess the Vernon Wells deal really messed them over. If so, terrific! I just figured after Weaver gave them a "cheaper" deal, that it provide them some financial flexibility. I suppose they still have to pay Haren/Santana, too. I also figured they need a big bat to go with their 3 young guns. Either way Angels will tough next season. They probably need a closer, too. So, hopefully if they do spend money, they'll go gave CoCo, Nathan, or Madsen.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought the Angels had some bad/high $$$ contracts coming off the books ie Matthews, Abreu, and Hunter. I guess the Vernon Wells deal really messed them over. If so, terrific! I just figured after Weaver gave them a "cheaper" deal, that it provide them some financial flexibility. I suppose they still have to pay Haren/Santana, too. I also figured they need a big bat to go with their 3 young guns. Either way Angels will tough next season. They probably need a closer, too. So, hopefully if they do spend money, they'll go gave CoCo, Nathan, or Madsen.

I LOL when I read that line.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not until after 2012 do they get salary relief. Hunter, Wells, Weaver alone are a payroll. Then they have a lot of young guys that are due big raises.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Angels have Trumbo who is a 1st baseman who occasionally played the outfield. i don't think the Angels want to make him an everyday outfielder and they definitely don't want to lose his bat.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked. Their 2012 salary is already $102M, and that is for 9 guys only (Wells $24, Hunter 18.5, Haren 12.7, Abreu 9, Santana 11.2, Weaver 14.2, Scott Downs 5, Takahashi 4.2, Izturis 3.9)

Pinero, Rodney, Branyan, Ramirez are FA's. Plus they have Kendrick, Aybar, Morales, Callaspo, Mathis, Williams are Arb eligible. Then they have to pay Jepsen, bobby wilson, bourjos, cassevah, conger, Trumbo, Walden, Chatwood, Carmona, and others. THEN they have Kazmir getting 2.5M and a 3.6M credit for Wells.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of the teams that need them and have the means i gotta believe the rangers should be the favorite ...good team that will be winning for years(hopefully) and they should put up some big numbers in this line-up/park

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked. Their 2012 salary is already $102M, and that is for 9 guys only (Wells $24, Hunter 18.5, Haren 12.7, Abreu 9, Santana 11.2, Weaver 14.2, Scott Downs 5, Takahashi 4.2, Izturis 3.9)

Pinero, Rodney, Branyan, Ramirez are FA's. Plus they have Kendrick, Aybar, Morales, Callaspo, Mathis, Williams are Arb eligible. Then they have to pay Jepsen, bobby wilson, bourjos, cassevah, conger, Trumbo, Walden, Chatwood, Carmona, and others. THEN they have Kazmir getting 2.5M and a 3.6M credit for Wells.

and the 2012 expected payroll with all options/arb. is 136 mil, 2013 drops to 114 mil and 2014 82 mil