• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Federer using a new racquet....details in inside courtey of HS

Texas Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an awkward win. Federer is working hard to get comfortable with the extra power the new racquet gives him. Meanwhile he is accumulating points that will help his ranking as we move into the US Series. Hamburg is 500 points, Gstaad, 250.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever tried proKennex frames? I switched from the (k-90, BLX90, and before that WPS 85) to the Redondo Type C 93, and my shoulder immediately started to feel better. I recommend. The feel and precision is just as good as the ProStaff 85.

Yeah, but not lately. Hell, tried everything over the years...decades. Thanks for the tip because I will check it out. If the club doesn't have a loaner I'll go to that website that gives loaners...can't remember the name right now.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an awkward win. Federer is working hard to get comfortable with the extra power the new racquet gives him. Meanwhile he is accumulating points that will help his ranking as we move into the US Series. Hamburg is 500 points, Gstaad, 250.

So much for all those points going down in the semi in 'straights!' At least he got some practice! Hope he does better at Gstaad! :omg: :wtf2: :noidea: :scratch:

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer Fed lost but it was a close match. Needed the first set badly.
All in all he isn't used to the racquet quite yet. Will take a little more time to tune his serves in. So far backhand looks promising and effortless and he has more power in his shots but also some match practice is needed to fine tune the frame and tone down the power to suit his play style which is still long backswing and full follow through.

Lets move on to Gstaad and get some more matches under the belt before the HC SWING starts. Main goal is to get the racquet ready for the USO.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but not lately. Hell, tried everything over the years...decades. Thanks for the tip because I will check it out. If the club doesn't have a loaner I'll go to that website that gives loaners...can't remember the name right now.

That racquet is already out of style for the pro market but good enough for the club tennis scene. They don't demo it at tennis warehouse anymore. You can still get it from tennis express though I think. Try the 93,98 and also the 93, 98 in the Black Ace line.

shtexas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So, Stakhovsky beats Federer at Wimbledon.

Then, Stakhovsky loses in qualifying at Hamburg.

But, Delbonis gets through qualifying at Hamburg.

So, it stands to reason Delbonis would then beat Federer.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is too big a change, but eventually one can get accustomed to any racquet eventually. I think it will take quite a while. I agree with whoever said he should have gone to a 95 in racquet first.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be me. I myself switched and noticed that I was getting the best feel from a 93 rather than a 98 when I demoed both types of frames. Roger is a different breed and can pull it off. The omportant thing to take as a fan or a spectator of his future game is that from now its not so much the frame as it is the human.

Last edited by a moderator: