• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FBI investigation: 20 programs named for players taking money

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw this in here as one last desperate attempt to not look as guilty as claimed. Schlabach states "spring of 2017" was the "wiretap" about the conversation of a 100 grand, but Ayton was already about to enroll in school or already in school. Now I'm hearing ESPN might have never seen or heard the wiretap. This is popcorn eating type stuff right here fellas.:pop2:

Yes but even if he was enrolled if the story is true he was discussing a payment to secure a recruit. Discussing it after the fact does not change the content.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mick Cronin trying to throw shade at Kentucky, Louisville, and Indiana tho.

Y36sGY7.gif

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah, Cronin trippin.

Kentucky, Louisville, and Indiana are still superior programs than Cincinnati. Even I can admit to that. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

I know emotions are running high right now, but just take a deep breath, Cronin...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Also ESPN is retarded for jumping the gun and screwing up their story three times. Mark Schlabach looks like a moron.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is really pushing their want for NCAA to pay the players. They need to give it up. They are already paying them in the form of a free education. They are also giving them a platform to showcase their talents which leads some to lots of $$.
Players do not have to go to college. It is their choice.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm starting to wonder if Miller indeed had a conversation, but not about Ayton, but about Bowen, with Dawkins asking for 100K, and when Miller(assuming he didn't want to pay Dawkins/Bowen), declined, Dawkins went to Louisville and all of the sudden Bowen commits to Louisville when they weren't even part of the discussion. As Pitino said Bowen, "fell into his lap"

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if Miller indeed had a conversation, but not about Ayton, but about Bowen, with Dawkins asking for 100K, and when Miller(assuming he didn't want to pay Dawkins/Bowen), declined, Dawkins went to Louisville and all of the sudden Bowen commits to Louisville when they weren't even part of the discussion. As Pitino said Bowen, "fell into his lap"

Yeah, that's a theory. Dawkins was Bowen's "Guy". Ayton didn't even know Dawkins, they had no relationship. So the story as reported by ESPN just made no sense.

Another theory is that Dawkins was proposing paying money TO Sean/Book/UofA in exchange for them to steer Ayton towards his agency. This is essentially what Book Richardson got caught doing, taking money from Dawkins, not giving money to him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a theory. Dawkins was Bowen's "Guy". Dawkins didn't even know Ayton. So the story as reported by ESPN just made no sense.

Another theory is that Dawkins was proposing paying money TO Sean/Book/UofA in exchange for them to steer Ayton towards his agency. This is essentially what Book Richardson got caught doing, taking money from Dawkins, not giving money to him.

Yeah I'm thinking Schlabach completely fucked this story up the more information we get. You just can't mess up something this big and survive it without it costing your job.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm thinking Schlabach completely fucked this story up the more information we get. You just can't mess up something this big and survive it without it costing your job.

Really starting to look like it. The number of reporters poking holes in his story is growing by the hour, meanwhile not a single reporter has yet to corroborate his report.

The fact that he's dissappeared from all meda and social media for over 48 hours now, to me, indicates the he and ESPN and maybe some lawyers are in crisis management mode right now.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that if/when ASU gets caught up in this, rest assured that I'm going to be back here and make you choke on all the shit you've talked, right?

And all of your shit talking also leads me to believe that your hatred for AZ is more than your love of CBB (since you care more about AZ going down than CBB going down), which is pathetic in and of itself.
No CTP! I want the Pac12 to be successful and I want to enjoy the game. I have eaten lots of crow with
A
S
U
being my team. If it makes you feel better Hurley got fined for acting childish.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No CTP! I want the Pac12 to be successful and I want to enjoy the game. I have eaten lots of crow with
A
S
U
being my team. If it makes you feel better Hurley got fined for acting childish.

Oh, okay, my bad. Just haven't heard you post much at all about the effects of this on the Pac as a whole, given AZ, WA, USC, and Utah are all wrapped up in this so far. Felt like the overwhelming majority were against AZ, and missing the extent that this is going to effect everything from future recruits coming to the Pac, forfeited wins and Pac titles, and NCAA tourney bans that will hurt the success of the Pac in March.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Miller press conference in 20 minutes.