• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite drummer in rock history

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was part of a rock band in the Dallas area and we covered lots of classic rock.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only 48 and I wasn't fortunate enough to see the Stones in their prime. My dad says the Stones were at their best with Brian Jones in the lineup.

I was just a kid when Jones died. I don't know about live, but they definitely had a different sound with him. But their creative peak is almost universally considered to be 68-72 when they released Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers & Exile and nearly all of that was without or after Jones.

To this day, Jones has a very large group of fans who seem to believe that he was the reason for their success and they get very irate when you challenge them on that ... in the YouTube comments, for instance. Personally I don't get it. He didn't write a single song and was gone before their peak years.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was good disco and bad disco music. To dismiss all of it doesn't make sense.

I agree. Maybe you had to be there. But very few people back then liked both. It was a thing.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disco Era ? They did a couple of songs in that style, I think just to show they could do it and do it well, and Miss You is a great song.

Miss You shows disco how it should be done.

And count me among those who detest disco.

I thanked the stars for New Wave.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just a kid when Jones died. I don't know about live, but they definitely had a different sound with him. But their creative peak is almost universally considered to be 68-72 when they released Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers & Exile and nearly all of that was without or after Jones.

To this day, Jones has a very large group of fans who seem to believe that he was the reason for their success and they get very irate when you challenge them on that ... in the YouTube comments, for instance. Personally I don't get it. He didn't write a single song and was gone before their peak years.

Jones was great but they weren't suffering when they had their best ever guitarist in the line up, Mick Taylor.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen Ted Nugent open for Aerosmith in the early 80's. Aerosmith sounded so bad that the opening act (Nugent) came out and did the encore.
My second "big" rock concert was seeing Aerosmith up in Wisconsin around '82...they were just plain awful, and the show ended early after a fan up front grabbed the cord on Tyler's mic and played tug of war with him for a while. Tyler finally yanked the mic away, threw it down on the stage, and led the band in walking off, not to return. Steven was wearing a very questionable frock coat with a bunny tail on the back, it was pretty funny to watch it bounce back and forth as he stalked away.
It was a blessing...almost the entire crowd was sitting in their seats thinking, "Man, I wasted a lot of time and money for this."

My first major concert was a little less disappointing, I had no idea that Ozzie was not longer in Black Sabbath but Dio really did a good job as the frontman in his place. I was still bummed, but at least I was also entertained. It was also funny because a 20ish guy right in front of us passed out during the first opening act and his friends kept shaking him and slapping him in the face during the main act while screaming, "Dude, you're missing SABBATH!!!!!"

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My second "big" rock concert was seeing Aerosmith up in Wisconsin around '82...they were just plain awful, and the show ended early after a fan up front grabbed the cord on Tyler's mic and played tug of war with him for a while. Tyler finally yanked the mic away, threw it down on the stage, and led the band in walking off, not to return. Steven was wearing a very questionable frock coat with a bunny tail on the back, it was pretty funny to watch it bounce back and forth as he stalked away.
It was a blessing...almost the entire crowd was sitting in their seats thinking, "Man, I wasted a lot of time and money for this."

My first major concert was a little less disappointing, I had no idea that Ozzie was not longer in Black Sabbath but Dio really did a good job as the frontman in his place. I was still bummed, but at least I was also entertained. It was also funny because a 20ish guy right in front of us passed out during the first opening act and his friends kept shaking him and slapping him in the face during the main act while screaming, "Dude, you're missing SABBATH!!!!!"

The only time I saw Aerosmith was in 73. Their 1st album had just come out and I guess Dream On was getting some airplay, but I'd never heard of them. They opened for Rory Gallagher at the local community college gym. We were right in front of the stage and they were great. I was there with my gf, my friend and his gf... I was the ride. They decided they didn't want to watch an Irish blues guitarist after that and I lost the vote that we stay 1-3, so we left. By 82 their drug problems had probably taken over.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I saw Aerosmith was in 73. Their 1st album had just come out and I guess Dream On was getting some airplay, but I'd never heard of them. They opened for Rory Gallagher at the local community college gym. We were right in front of the stage and they were great. I was there with my gf, my friend and his gf... I was the ride. They decided they didn't want to watch an Irish blues guitarist after that and I lost the vote that we stay 1-3, so we left. By 82 their drug problems had probably taken over.

You should have made them walk.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fact it was 2 of my friends and their GFs now that I think about it. So it was 1-4. I was ready to tell them tough shit, we're staying. He'd already started playing and he was a great guitarist. That was until my gf said she wasn't interested in staying either and I did want to get laid later.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rory Gallagher! There's a name I haven't heard in a while.
There was a lot of talk around the time I saw Aerosmith that they were washed up and about to just give up on the band. Pretty amazing to see them roar back a few years later.

This way?