• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite College Football Player of All Time

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waaaayyyy too old for TT, no possible way I can only pick one, many of my favs have been mentioned already but some others:

Homer - Major Harris/ Pat White/ Tavon Austin (could be here a long time with WVU players so Ill stop)

Non Homer - Randy Moss, Dan Marino (God that hurt :L), Rocket Ismail, Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, Charlie Ward, Cam Newton, Vince Young Adrian Peterson....did I mention I was old???

Far from old.

A lot of guys from the late 70's and 80's have been mentioned.

Major Harris? Guy nearly landed WVU a National Championship back in 1988. Just didn't have enough guys around him and Turnbull to get it done.

No Eric Dickerson? :frown:

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue how to narrow it down to 1 player. My first game I attended Franco Harris was running the ball for Penn State. I've seen so many amazing players not only for my team but others.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy's all over the place:

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JyhMIJXKE[/ame]

And of course, the most electrifying runner of all-time, Barry.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I have seen .... I would have to say CJ Spiller. I have been going to Clemson games since '78 or '79, as a boy, right on through to now and I can't remember ever seeing a guy that I thought could take it to the house anytime he touched the ball.

One name comes to mind. Warrick Dunn! With the exception that he was better than Spiller is. In college and the pros.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite Homer players: Amani Toomer,(only college jersey I've ever owned) Charles Woodson, Ty Wheatley, Louis Delmas and Greg Jennings.
Non Homers: Ricky Williams, Antwaan Randle-El, Percy Snow and Randy Moss.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me without question it's Eric Dickerson. My friends and I used to play a game we called interception. One of us played QB one played receiver/running back and one played defensive back. We always picked a current player who we were at each position and we would rotate. When I was the WR or RB I was Eric Dickerson and that's when he was at SMU, my friends didn't even know who he was.

Runner up Herschel Walker, he looked like he was playing against jr high kids, unbelievable.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from old.

A lot of guys from the late 70's and 80's have been mentioned.

Major Harris? Guy nearly landed WVU a National Championship back in 1988. Just didn't have enough guys around him and Turnbull to get it done.

No Eric Dickerson? :frown:
Sad to say I didn't see Dickerson much in his college days, great player.

He has been mentioned but prob my favorite non WVU player to watch was Tommy Frazier, absolute stud.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hard to pick a favorite. Really is. I first started going to games around the time Don James started his tenure there so I saw a lot of great football. Funny how it's mostly running backs that come to mind, yet we were never known strictly as a running school.

I really want to say Corey Dillon, but I have to go with Napoleon Kaufman. He was on the '91 championship team, but only returned kicks. The following 3 years were something special to watch. His performance in '94 in the infamous 'whammy in miami' game that ended the canes 58 game home winning streak was one for the ages. The satisfaction of beating Miami 3 years removed from their 'tie' for the championship was as sweet as a road game gets.

Considering the 4 years he was with us and the style of running he did, it's hard not to go with him.

The fact that he gave the middle finger to USC and came to UW instead doesn't hurt either.

If we are giving runner ups I'd say Steve Emtman, Dave Hoffman, and Mark Brunell need to be on that list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Come on man no banter on this topic?

Not really. Spiller was my favorite and there's really no question. Dunn may have been special but he wasn't a Tiger so .....

Whether Dunn was better than Spiller or not in college could be debated, but to what end? I think Dunn is ahead of Spiller in most offensive categories statistically, but it's only by a small margin. I could make the excuse that Spiller had to split time with James Davis for 2 years and could have put up much better numbers if the coaches had seen what the rest of us did. Although Davis did score 47 TD's while at Clemson, so it's hard to say he was a slouch.

It could be that the offseason has affected my Tiger Pride. Either that or I'm hungry. Let me eat some breakfast and get back to you.

:suds:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Spiller was my favorite and there's really no question. Dunn may have been special but he wasn't a Tiger so .....

Whether Dunn was better than Spiller or not in college could be debated, but to what end? I think Dunn is ahead of Spiller in most offensive categories statistically, but it's only by a small margin. I could make the excuse that Spiller had to split time with James Davis for 2 years and could have put up much better numbers if the coaches had seen what the rest of us did. Although Davis did score 47 TD's while at Clemson, so it's hard to say he was a slouch.

It could be that the offseason has affected my Tiger Pride. Either that or I'm hungry. Let me eat some breakfast and get back to you.

:suds:

That's rushing TD's only. Dunn had 37 and spiller had 32. Davis is 2nd to some dude from NC St. for the ACC record.