• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fate of final year contract starters

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting the fate of Redskins contract-year starters after 2017

the interesting thing here is the comment on TM . apparently he and his doctor werent on the same page as far as supplements were concerned , interesting ?

IS this guy saying Long and Murphy get extensions like Moses got money wise? Being paid like a top 5 player at there respective positions? Plus he has Pryor and Brown bolting after good seasons? Isnt JG a FA next year?

I just cant see how Tm sees the field this year if JG,PS, and Anderson are all healthy and play OLB. I can see Long getting a extension b/c as of right now there is no competition.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IS this guy saying Long and Murphy get extensions like Moses got money wise? Being paid like a top 5 player at there respective positions? Plus he has Pryor and Brown bolting after good seasons? Isnt JG a FA next year?

I just cant see how Tm sees the field this year if JG,PS, and Anderson are all healthy and play OLB. I can see Long getting a extension b/c as of right now there is no competition.

we will see i tend to think the suspension will hurt him . i dont see TM getting paid top 5 or did i think he said that either , could be wrong . long is a solid center regardless of competition

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will pay for pryor if he balls out lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see i tend to think the suspension will hurt him . i dont see TM getting paid top 5 or did i think he said that either , could be wrong . long is a solid center regardless of competition

the article said the skins would give them 4 year extensions.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IM going to say it like this.

Murphy was a better OLB than Smith last year despite Smith getting the bulk of the playing time of the two players.

Gallette will be on a pitch count for the first four or five games of the season until such time as he can prove he can manage to stay healthy.

Murphy will do his 4 game suspension, and come back playing for his next contract. If the D-line is as good as we hope, Muephy will get double digit sacks even in the rotation and despite the suspension. He wont get paid like a top five OLB, but then again never doubt the power of Bruce Allen to over pay a guy he drafted.

And lastly, Murphy and Gallette getting extensions, with Kerrigan, Anderson and Smith on the roster can only be viewed as a good thing for the team because it would mean we have not only talent, but real depth at the position. And it would mean we are not going into the draft looking for position over talent.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting the fate of Redskins contract-year starters after 2017

the interesting thing here is the comment on TM . apparently he and his doctor werent on the same page as far as supplements were concerned , interesting ?

we may be surprised who gets cut and who doesn't in August. But folks like Lauvao and Breeland, I see them playing out their final year and not being re-signed. One never made sense, and one had a few great games as a 4th rounder. Lots of issues to address, especially QB...but perhaps they can hit big again in the draft in the 1st and 2nd...on a defensive position, and LG.(ex) With youth on his side, i think I like the long re-signing prediction

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that what the article said? I can see Long getting paid like Moses did for his position. I do not see TM getting paid big bucks but he could do well in FA. I do not see TM coming back unless it is rather inexpensive.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what the article said? I can see Long getting paid like Moses did for his position. I do not see TM getting paid big bucks but he could do well in FA. I do not see TM coming back unless it is rather inexpensive.

Actually i could see Murphy getting a deal slightly above Derick Morgan of the Titans, 4 years, $30M with between 8-10M fully guaranteed. If despite the suspension he hits or gets close to double digit sacks, it would be logical. Maintains depth and leaves us not drafting for positional need over talent.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it read like a doom and gloom peice to me all i got was if kirk leaves the team will collapse lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually i could see Murphy getting a deal slightly above Derick Morgan of the Titans, 4 years, $30M with between 8-10M fully guaranteed. If despite the suspension he hits or gets close to double digit sacks, it would be logical. Maintains depth and leaves us not drafting for positional need over talent.

The only way Tm sees the field is if there is an injury or very poor play by JG and PS. Anderson is going to get reps. JG is the situational pass rusher. So even if TM gets on the field his numbers should be minimal. That contract you proposes is crazy for a backup player. Even if JG moves on next year. The olbs will be RK, Anderson, Smith, and maybe TM on a cheap deal. How can you justify that contract for TM?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe Moses is the 2nd highest paid Rt right now. For your statement to be true Long would have to be the 2nd highest paid C in Fa next year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
long will come in at about 5 mil per

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Tm sees the field is if there is an injury or very poor play by JG and PS. Anderson is going to get reps. JG is the situational pass rusher. So even if TM gets on the field his numbers should be minimal. That contract you proposes is crazy for a backup player. Even if JG moves on next year. The olbs will be RK, Anderson, Smith, and maybe TM on a cheap deal. How can you justify that contract for TM?

You said that last year too. He ended up finding the field and got 9 sacks. JG is nothing. What contract did I suggest for TM?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that last year too. He ended up finding the field and got 9 sacks. JG is nothing. What contract did I suggest for TM?

Yep & I am confused as to why a Redskins fan would basically badmouth someone like Murphy who contributed to the team. I hope all of them do well. However - Smith didn't exactly distinguish himself last season so he also has a lot to prove. Very premature to state how any of this will turn out in regards to the linebacker group & the entire front 7.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JG got hurt. That is why. I also said that last year that it would have taken an injury for Tm to see the field and it happened. The 9 sack performance doesn't happen if JG was healthy all year. I replied to sharks post. He mentioned the contract.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Moses is the 2nd highest paid Rt right now. For your statement to be true Long would have to be the 2nd highest paid C in Fa next year.

Moses is third behind Lane Johnson and Ricky Wagner.

FFS. Did I say he would? I said I can see it. I wasn't even referring to an exact comparison. Moses got paid, as will Long.

Now, you also like to use money to rank player's values. Now look at how how much less Moses makes than the top two. Why do you suppose that is? He is on a lower level than those two perhaps.

Now, look at centers salaries. The second tier there is in the five to six mil range.

Another funny thing...if Moses were a center, he would be the eighth highest paid center. But the highest paid RT is worth 2 mil more than the highest paid center.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses is third behind Lane Johnson and Ricky Wagner.

FFS. Did I say he would? I said I can see it. I wasn't even referring to an exact comparison. Moses got paid, as will Long.

Now, you also like to use money to rank player's values. Now look at how how much less Moses makes than the top two. Why do you suppose that is? He is on a lower level than those two perhaps.

Now, look at centers salaries. The second tier there is in the five to six mil range.

Another funny thing...if Moses were a center, he would be the eighth highest paid center. But the highest paid RT is worth 2 mil more than the highest paid center.

This is where im confused. You predicted that Roullier would beat out Long for the C job if I can remember correctly. Now you say Long will get paid in Fa. Do I have this wrong?