• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Farmers Open

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS ticked off people and likely lost money thanks to Farmers Insurance Open coverage running into Grammys red carpet show

Great tourney. Don't want to get into anything @ Tiger coverage. The finish - still TBD - was great to watch thus far. A shame that the remainder of the finish is on a Mon morning.

Laughing at CBS for having to turn the thing over for Grammy Pre-show allowing Golf Channel to show the best part of the whole tourney. Love some of the comments in the link above for certain guys complaining about delays for the Grammy Red Carpet show due to the length of the tourney. Pllleasse - those kind of stupid shows are on other networks. These guys should have to turn in their man cards.

Hopefully they stream the remainder this morning.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS ticked off people and likely lost money thanks to Farmers Insurance Open coverage running into Grammys red carpet show

Great tourney. Don't want to get into anything @ Tiger coverage. The finish - still TBD - was great to watch thus far. A shame that the remainder of the finish is on a Mon morning.

Laughing at CBS for having to turn the thing over for Grammy Pre-show allowing Golf Channel to show the best part of the whole tourney. Love some of the comments in the link above for certain guys complaining about delays for the Grammy Red Carpet show due to the length of the tourney. Pllleasse - those kind of stupid shows are on other networks. These guys should have to turn in their man cards.

Hopefully they stream the remainder this morning.

I hate the Grammys even more now...i don't have golf channel.

That last threesome was trying they're best to sink down the leaderboard on the back nine.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great tourney but these TV clowns have me hating Tiger all over again. Yes, it's news that he's back but for Christ's sake, do we need to see all of his shots and none of the others? Cripes.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great tourney but these TV clowns have me hating Tiger all over again. Yes, it's news that he's back but for Christ's sake, do we need to see all of his shots and none of the others? Cripes.

Actually for the live coverage I don't think it was that bad. They managed to show Tiger & lots of coverage of the leaders and others. I was fine with it.

Now if you are referring to reporting say from ESPN & the like - you are 100% correct. However this has pretty much become ESPN's MO - focus on a handful of topics (LeBron, Tiger, Warriors, etc) & devote almost all of your coverage to these topics (which fuel all of their stupid talk shows). I will say that it was pretty embarrassing that on Sunday nt they really didn't even talk @ the exciting finish & playoff - almost all talk was @ Tiger. Oh well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to watch much of the Farmers really, mostly the playoff...but Tiger being out for nearly 2 years and the huge galleries following this guy like he just won last week.

If that's any indication of fan interest, I guess you can't blame CBS for fawning over Tiger.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to watch much of the Farmers really, mostly the playoff...but Tiger being out for nearly 2 years and the huge galleries following this guy like he just won last week.

If that's any indication of fan interest, I guess you can't blame CBS for fawning over Tiger.

Again - while I believe that CBS did focus quite a bit on Tiger - they still spent a lot of time showing the leaders & others & did a guy job IMO in showing the finish. ESPN - on the other hand - should be embarrassed by their coverage. They barely even recognized the finish or outcome & appeared to almost totally focus on Tiger.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - while I believe that CBS did focus quite a bit on Tiger - they still spent a lot of time showing the leaders & others & did a guy job IMO in showing the finish. ESPN - on the other hand - should be embarrassed by their coverage. They barely even recognized the finish or outcome & appeared to almost totally focus on Tiger.

Never saw their coverage...I trust it was as bad as you say...One of the few bad TV deals Finchem made...adding ESPN.