• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Far too early your team's 2017 season predictions

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-quotes-10.gif

Summary

New D coordinator
Same O-line/Dline and FB's
improved RB's/TE's
Expect the same from LB's
Secondary replacing 2 guys with a 4 star Jr. safety and 3 star Jr. transfer

Expect to continue to blow out the big ten championship opponent in the first half and this time hopefully not let off the gas and run up the score in the second half. No more garbage 50/50 balls, we must pick that shit off to make the playoffs.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan
Michigan 31 Florida 17 (Neutral Field) - W
Michigan 35 Cincinnati 27- W
Michigan 31 Air Force 28 - W
Michigan 48 @Purdue 13 - W
Michigan 27 MSU 24 - W
Michigan 31 @Indiana 27 - W
Michigan 21 @PSU 24 - L
Michigan 62 Rutgers 13 - W
Michigan 37 Minn 27 - W
Michigan 35 @Maryland 17 - W
Michigan 24 @Wisconsin 31 - L
Michigan 31 OSU 30 - W

Final 10-2 with a final regular season ranking of #7

This young team gets inspired opening against Florida, but the lack of returning starters finally hits them against Cincy, and Air Force. Both are tight games, with the Air Force game being decided in the last few minutes. In the middle of the season they start to really struggle, but being at home helps them get past MSU. Penn State gets revenge for the beating they took last year, and gets a W against Michigan in Happy Valley. Michigan cruises till they get a cold weather game @ Wisconsin in November and just play like absolute crap (aka Iowa last year). Harbaugh takes that loss and uses it to inspire them at home against Ohio State, and finally he gets his first win against them. They miss out on the playoff again, but get a big bowl game and are still a top 10 team to end the regular season.
I agree, I think it's a lock that we either lose at PSU or Wisconsin if not both.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22-0 with wins against USC, Bama, Oklahoma, Clemson, and the New England Patriots.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if the Wisconsin game will be that high scoring for either team. Wasn't it like 7-7 into the third quarter?

Did you notice that Michigan is losing 10 defensive starters? I'm not sure comparing last year to this year is going to work with Michigan. It's a prediction. Most people thought that LSU was going to beat Wisconsin last year too. Perhaps it will be low scoring, but if it is, Michigan will likely win it, as their weakest spot next year should be their defense, where last year it was BY FAR their strongest.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you notice that Michigan is losing 10 defensive starters? I'm not sure comparing last year to this year is going to work with Michigan. It's a prediction. Most people thought that LSU was going to beat Wisconsin last year too. Perhaps it will be low scoring, but if it is, Michigan will likely win it, as their weakest spot next year should be their defense, where last year it was BY FAR their strongest.

I did but I also noticed they've had a couple really good classes that can replace those players. If Hornibrook is the QB again all you will have to do is force him in third and long and that's an easy int or incompletion forced for Michigan. He had three int's in the first game vs them. Sure he will have more experience but he still has a noodle arm, no pocket awareness and no mobility. If he is the starting QB I can see Michigan holding us to under 20 points easily. Just stack the box all day long until he proves he can do anything. You over estimate our offense and underestimate your defense despite being young.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-1, loss to aTm. Play Georgia in SECCG.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did but I also noticed they've had a couple really good classes that can replace those players. If Hornibrook is the QB again all you will have to do is force him in third and long and that's an easy int or incompletion forced for Michigan. He had three int's in the first game vs them. Sure he will have more experience but he still has a noodle arm, no pocket awareness and no mobility. If he is the starting QB I can see Michigan holding us to under 20 points easily. Just stack the box all day long until he proves he can do anything. You over estimate our offense and underestimate your defense despite being young.

I'm going by what Wisconsin did their last 4 games (I usually don't count too much on bowl games outside of playoffs):

48 points vs. Illinois
49 points @ Purdue
31 points vs. Minny
31 points vs. PSU

With Michigan basically starting over on Defense when compared to last years team, and Wisconsin returning a lot of key players on both sides of the ball...Michigan will have a tough time next year @ Wisconsin. I'm going to stick by my score and prediction. I hope I am wrong though!

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For LSU, I will say 9-3, then place a small wager on the over.

Hope springs eternal in the offseason!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still take the pac schedules over the sec cupcake non fps high schools. Actually if you look back a few pages, did no1 notice the VT schedule?

Georgia is going on the road to play Notre Dame and Georgia Tech.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good offense, really bad defense. Record will likely come down to turnover differential and QB play but I'm guessing 6-6

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good offense, really bad defense. Record will likely come down to turnover differential and QB play but I'm guessing 6-6

WRONG

Mizzou's offense is going to awesome, defense will be much improved....they started showing it at end of last season. Going to win the East...think 2013

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG

Mizzou's offense is going to awesome, defense will be much improved....they started showing it at end of last season. Going to win the East...think 2013
I think they'll be improved over their 4-8 season from last year.

Its hard to ignore that their Dline might be awful. Augusta is gone, Harris is gone, Beckner might be hobbled or miss a good portion of the season. The linebackers should be improved but I'm not sure that matters.

On the flip side, the oline should be the strength of the team. The running game should be great. The passing game should be good with better QB play against real teams. Drew Lock basically has the power to move the team from anywhere from 4 to 8 wins. The guy from last year only wins 4 or 5 next year. I think he'll improve a little more and that puts me towards my 6-6 answer.

The 2013 team had a better defense and MUCH better Wide Receivers.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll be improved over their 4-8 season from last year.

Its hard to ignore that their Dline might be awful. Augusta is gone, Harris is gone, Beckner might be hobbled or miss a good portion of the season. The linebackers should be improved but I'm not sure that matters.

On the flip side, the oline should be the strength of the team. The running game should be great. The passing game should be good with better QB play against real teams. Drew Lock basically has the power to move the team from anywhere from 4 to 8 wins. The guy from last year only wins 4 or 5 next year. I think he'll improve a little more and that puts me towards my 6-6 answer.

The 2013 team had a better defense and MUCH better Wide Receivers.

I agree at least on paper we had better defense in 2013, mainly from studs at DL and Gaines. 2017 has the chance to be pretty strong with LB's and DL could be better than people think.

I can't agree on WR's. Lucas could drop passes the same if not more than many of the current ones....DGB was so inconsistent. Washington could be streaky as well. Mizzou has tons of talent at WR this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou has tons of talent at WR this year.
It was improved last year but not enough for Power 5 play. The thing about the uptempo stuff is that when it works, it really works and when it doesnt then it really doesnt. Mizzou played a few really solid defenses last year and the WRs vanished. They also played some games where the offense just made some silly turnovers. They clean that up and they could be a good team (hence the 4 to 8 win spread) but its a lot to clean up.

All I know is that my friend that bleeds black and gold tells me that he is hearing that the hype is big on the oline and the linebackers and the hype is low on the dline. At this early stage, its all kind of speculation but thats all Ive got to go on.