• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Far too early your team's 2017 season predictions

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ you two, start your own pissing match thread. No one else cares, and Rutgers sucks.

pissing-contest.jpg

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably about 9-3 I suppose. Starting to slip into the nothingness of mediocrity. Sucks.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, I love preseason optimism. It makes the regular season so much more fun. Watching people come unglued when their hopes and dreams are crushed by the likes of the Pittsburghs and NC States out there (speaking from experience here) and then spinning out of control into a full blown "FUCK IT!" downward spiral.

:suds:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the wins.

Beating Junior in the CCG, beating 'Bama in the playoff, and beating USC 57 - 5 in the NCG.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I think Oklahoma gives you a better game than you predict.
Nothing against the Sooners, but if they were unable to give us a game this year with all those offensive studs in Norman, I dunno how they're gonna come in to Columbus so early in the season and give us a better game than last year, especially with how many returning starters we have and our coaching upgrades.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if I want to reply to this thread...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here let this sink in. Wisconsin backed out of a home & away so Washington was left scrambling to find an opponent for those two years. Rutgers had just come off back to back 8 - 4 seasons and the series was inked. I'm truly sorry that SC has yet to win a PAC-12 title in football but that's just how it goes.

What does USC winning PAC-12 Football titles have to do with Washington scheduling OOC like and SEC team? Shall we compare PAC titles? How about NC's? Or Rose Bowl wins? Or all time Bowl wins? Or all time wins period?

See, I can put up strawman arguments too.

You can make all of the excuses you want and brag about Rutgers back to back 8-4 seasons. The fact still remains that it was always much more likely that Rutgers would suck when you played them, than they would be a decent team.

And guess what? They sucked by the time you played them.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here let this sink in. Wisconsin backed out of a home & away so Washington was left scrambling to find an opponent for those two years. Rutgers had just come off back to back 8 - 4 seasons and the series was inked. I'm truly sorry that SC has yet to win a PAC-12 title in football but that's just how it goes.

Again, the article stated the games were for the 2018 season and 2021 season and they had to cancel the games due to big ten scheduling conflicts. That's what the article said so every thing else is just lies.

Rutgers was scheduled for 2016 and 2017 season by the Huskies. Sorry, using the Badgers as a scapegoat for the Huskies poor OOC SOS doesn't work and is a lie.

Badgers football: Washington home-and-home series canceled; Utah State added to 2017 schedule

The University of Wisconsin football team had a home-and-home series with Washington scheduled for 2018 and 2021, but those plans have changed.

The Badgers were forced to back out of the series because of conflicts with the Big Ten schedule in those seasons. They were scheduled to play at Washington in 2018 but need three non-conference home games that year because they’re scheduled to play five of their nine Big Ten games on the road. UW prefers seven home games each season for budget purposes.

Meanwhile, the Badgers will begin the 2017 season against Utah State at Camp Randall Stadium. Andersen approached UW athletic director Barry Alvarez and senior associate athletic director Bruce Van De Velde with a request to add his former team to the Badgers’ schedule. Andersen coached the Aggies from 2009-12, and almost led Utah State to an upset over UW at Camp Randall in 2012 before the Badgers escaped with a 16-14 win.

We always look at it and make the best decision for the school,” Andersen said of the scheduling process. “It’s been a great relationship, a situation I’m used to. But I do also realize that I’m lucky to be in this spot to where the athletic director gives you an opportunity to be involved because there’s a lot of places that is not the fact.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expectations are high for the Badgers this season considering how we finished last year with the expectations of being at best a 8 win team.

Key starters lost:
1.) LT Rmycheck (1rst round NFL pick)
2.) OLB TJ Watt (2nd round NFL pick)
3.) OLB Vince Biegel (3rd round NFL pick)
4.) RB Corey Clement ( 4th rounder)
5.) RB Dare Ogun (5th rounder)
6.) CB Shelton (6th-7th round)
7.) FS Leo Muso (undrafted since he's a short white guy like Jim Leonhard) He was voted as the team MVP
8.) QB Bart Houston ( undrafted)
Lost coaches:

Defensive coordinator Wilcox

Key acquisitions/additions this season:

1.) OT: Cole Van Lanen 4 star OT out of WI 6'5" 300 lbs was a RS last year so didn't play
2.) OLB: Christian Bell 4 star transfer out of Alabama 6'4" 250 lbs transfered last season so eligible to play 2017
3.) QB: Jack Coan: top 20 QB 6'3" 200 lbs. Touted as best QB recruit in Badgers history
4.) OLB: Andrew Van Grinkel a 3 star junior college transfer 6'4" 235 lbs
5.) RB: Johnathan Taylor a 4 star RB out of NJ. He's 5'11" 215 lbs and ran a 4.40 40 time and an all state track champion
6.) RB: Chris James is a 4 star Pitt Transfer and a potential third down back like James White
7.) CB: Nick Nelson: 3 star Hawaii Transfer and led the conference in pass deflections in 2015
8.) WR Danny Davis: 4 star player and stands at 6'3" 200 lbs.

New Coaches:
Defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard

The D-line and O-line are all returning except LT which will be replaced by the 4 star RS freshmen. Both lines will be better.

The OLB's will both be replaced with talented tranfers: I would say this is the one spot that might lose a little bit but not much.

The MLB's will all return including the two that were injured for the season last year: Improved

The QB position should be drastically improved

The RB's will be drastically improved

The two senior starting CB's will return and will add the talented CB transfer. We still need to see if all the new Jim Leonhard CB recruits from the last two years can provide depth or perhaps become starters. Either the same or slightly better

Safety: Wilcox returns as a senior SS, the FS position is open and the badgers do have a junior 4 star FS on the team. Question mark right now

TE: first round NFL pick in Troy Fumagalli and two 4 star TE's are behind him.

FB: Rammish the senior will return to destroy all in his path. Another NFL FB

K: Gaglione will return but if he can't go the backup did excellent last season

So pretty much all positions improve except OLB and mainly because we had two of the best OLB's in the game. But the two new guys look promising as well. Safety is a question mark just as it was last season but they did damn well last season considering not one start between the two.

Combine the improvement in experience and talent with our coaching staff (Paul Chryst best play callers in the game and Jim Leonhard one of the best young defensive minds in the game and we have by far the easiest schedule we've had in quite some time. Our toughest OOC game will be BYU and toughest in conference game will be Michigan ( lost almost everyone last year) at home. We don't play PSU, OSU, or MSU this season.

Our expectations are to be better than last season right now.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still take the pac schedules over the sec cupcake non fps high schools. Actually if you look back a few pages, did no1 notice the VT schedule?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still take the pac schedules over the sec cupcake non fps high schools. Actually if you look back a few pages, did no1 notice the VT schedule?

What about it?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be tooting my horn if I had Southern Utah, Nebraska, and Wyoming scheduled. Better watch out for Wyoming though, they did make a bowl last year...
Well I mean comparatively
So Utah 6-5 Montana St 4-7 head to head So Utah won
Wyoming 8-6 Fresno 1-11
Nebraska 9-4 Rutgers 2-10

combined Oregon Non conference teams went 23-15 Washington non conference teams went 7-28

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im taking Oregon at

Southern Utah W
Nebraska W
@ Wyoming W
@ Arizona State W
Cal W
WSU W
@ sanford L
@ UCLA L
Utah W
@ UW L
Arizona W
Oregon State W

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan
Michigan 31 Florida 17 (Neutral Field) - W
Michigan 35 Cincinnati 27- W
Michigan 31 Air Force 28 - W
Michigan 48 @Purdue 13 - W
Michigan 27 MSU 24 - W
Michigan 31 @Indiana 27 - W
Michigan 21 @PSU 24 - L
Michigan 62 Rutgers 13 - W
Michigan 37 Minn 27 - W
Michigan 35 @Maryland 17 - W
Michigan 24 @Wisconsin 31 - L
Michigan 31 OSU 30 - W

Final 10-2 with a final regular season ranking of #7

This young team gets inspired opening against Florida, but the lack of returning starters finally hits them against Cincy, and Air Force. Both are tight games, with the Air Force game being decided in the last few minutes. In the middle of the season they start to really struggle, but being at home helps them get past MSU. Penn State gets revenge for the beating they took last year, and gets a W against Michigan in Happy Valley. Michigan cruises till they get a cold weather game @ Wisconsin in November and just play like absolute crap (aka Iowa last year). Harbaugh takes that loss and uses it to inspire them at home against Ohio State, and finally he gets his first win against them. They miss out on the playoff again, but get a big bowl game and are still a top 10 team to end the regular season.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers would probably beat all 3 ooc, yet people bash the Huskies for scheduling them.

VT also wasn't in the Playoffs and probably won't be in the discussion this year.

East Carolina has been down for a couple years, but they also play games against tougher competition a lot closer than you would think. Delaware isn't that good. Old Dominion did go 10-3 last year with 7-1 in their conference and we're obligated to play another Virginia team in OOC every year (to help the 'little guys').

Could Rutgers beat all 3? That's possible, but is it a definite? No.

Then add our other OOC game with WVU to start the season that you didn't mention.

I'd say Rutgers would likely go 2-2 with that OOC with possibilities of losing more.

Now if VT was in Playoff consideration and we only had ECU, ODU, Delaware as our OOC (or switch out Rutgers with one of them), then I would expect everyone to call the schedule weak and justifiably so. Everyone knows that schedules are done a long while in advance, so teams may have been good when first scheduled and fall off the map like Rutgers. That's why scheduling longtime consistent programs is always a priority, or else you're just taking a wild guess where you win some and lose some. In this case, you lose because your OOC is weak. It happens.

VT typically has very respectable OOC matchups with previously scheduling the likes of USC, OSU, Bama, Nebraska, Tennessee, LSU.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan
Michigan 31 Florida 17 (Neutral Field) - W
Michigan 35 Cincinnati 27- W
Michigan 31 Air Force 28 - W
Michigan 48 @Purdue 13 - W
Michigan 27 MSU 24 - W
Michigan 31 @Indiana 27 - W
Michigan 21 @PSU 24 - L
Michigan 62 Rutgers 13 - W
Michigan 37 Minn 27 - W
Michigan 35 @Maryland 17 - W
Michigan 24 @Wisconsin 31 - L
Michigan 31 OSU 30 - W

Final 10-2 with a final regular season ranking of #7

This young team gets inspired opening against Florida, but the lack of returning starters finally hits them against Cincy, and Air Force. Both are tight games, with the Air Force game being decided in the last few minutes. In the middle of the season they start to really struggle, but being at home helps them get past MSU. Penn State gets revenge for the beating they took last year, and gets a W against Michigan in Happy Valley. Michigan cruises till they get a cold weather game @ Wisconsin in November and just play like absolute crap (aka Iowa last year). Harbaugh takes that loss and uses it to inspire them at home against Ohio State, and finally he gets his first win against them. They miss out on the playoff again, but get a big bowl game and are still a top 10 team to end the regular season.

Not sure if the Wisconsin game will be that high scoring for either team. Wasn't it like 7-7 into the third quarter?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expectations are high for the Badgers this season considering how we finished last year with the expectations of being at best a 8 win team.

Key starters lost:
1.) LT Rmycheck (1rst round NFL pick)
2.) OLB TJ Watt (2nd round NFL pick)
3.) OLB Vince Biegel (3rd round NFL pick)
4.) RB Corey Clement ( 4th rounder)
5.) RB Dare Ogun (5th rounder)
6.) CB Shelton (6th-7th round)
7.) FS Leo Muso (undrafted since he's a short white guy like Jim Leonhard) He was voted as the team MVP
8.) QB Bart Houston ( undrafted)
Lost coaches:

Defensive coordinator Wilcox

Key acquisitions/additions this season:

1.) OT: Cole Van Lanen 4 star OT out of WI 6'5" 300 lbs was a RS last year so didn't play
2.) OLB: Christian Bell 4 star transfer out of Alabama 6'4" 250 lbs transfered last season so eligible to play 2017
3.) QB: Jack Coan: top 20 QB 6'3" 200 lbs. Touted as best QB recruit in Badgers history
4.) OLB: Andrew Van Grinkel a 3 star junior college transfer 6'4" 235 lbs
5.) RB: Johnathan Taylor a 4 star RB out of NJ. He's 5'11" 215 lbs and ran a 4.40 40 time and an all state track champion
6.) RB: Chris James is a 4 star Pitt Transfer and a potential third down back like James White
7.) CB: Nick Nelson: 3 star Hawaii Transfer and led the conference in pass deflections in 2015
8.) WR Danny Davis: 4 star player and stands at 6'3" 200 lbs.

New Coaches:
Defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard

The D-line and O-line are all returning except LT which will be replaced by the 4 star RS freshmen. Both lines will be better.

The OLB's will both be replaced with talented tranfers: I would say this is the one spot that might lose a little bit but not much.

The MLB's will all return including the two that were injured for the season last year: Improved

The QB position should be drastically improved

The RB's will be drastically improved

The two senior starting CB's will return and will add the talented CB transfer. We still need to see if all the new Jim Leonhard CB recruits from the last two years can provide depth or perhaps become starters. Either the same or slightly better

Safety: Wilcox returns as a senior SS, the FS position is open and the badgers do have a junior 4 star FS on the team. Question mark right now

TE: first round NFL pick in Troy Fumagalli and two 4 star TE's are behind him.

FB: Rammish the senior will return to destroy all in his path. Another NFL FB

K: Gaglione will return but if he can't go the backup did excellent last season

So pretty much all positions improve except OLB and mainly because we had two of the best OLB's in the game. But the two new guys look promising as well. Safety is a question mark just as it was last season but they did damn well last season considering not one start between the two.

Combine the improvement in experience and talent with our coaching staff (Paul Chryst best play callers in the game and Jim Leonhard one of the best young defensive minds in the game and we have by far the easiest schedule we've had in quite some time. Our toughest OOC game will be BYU and toughest in conference game will be Michigan ( lost almost everyone last year) at home. We don't play PSU, OSU, or MSU this season.

Our expectations are to be better than last season right now.
Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-quotes-10.gif