• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantrax League

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the games being spread out like college bowl season has helped the intrigue.

You're homer, is Tavon worth a pic6 tomorrow? I'm going to need one to hold him off.

The only thing I can be sure of, is that I have no clue how any Lions game will unfold.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the games being spread out like college bowl season has helped the intrigue.

You're homer, is Tavon worth a pic6 tomorrow? I'm going to need one to hold him off.
Bailey can't be OHfer anything for me to win.

Not with Hill losing points here in the second half.

Had thought I might get a huge game from him early on.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I can be sure of, is that I have no clue how any Lions game will unfold.
I don't want the Lions to keep trying to find a run game. As a fan that wants them to win.

But as a guy who wants to win a dynasty championship, I need Lee have some chances for tackles.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want the Lions to keep trying to find a run game. As a fan that wants them to win.

But as a guy who wants to win a dynasty championship, I need Lee have some chances for tackles.

Speaking on Lee. The thought of resting players from the other thread. Lee is a glass house who has stayed healthy this year. He's one missed high five away from a concussion. I'd rest him and surely give Elliot half the touches.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking on Lee. The thought of resting players from the other thread. Lee is a glass house who has stayed healthy this year. He's one missed high five away from a concussion. I'd rest him and surely give Elliot half the touches.
Id try to beat the shit out of a mediocre team on MNF.

I mean, beat the ever lovin shit outve em. No mercy.

But Lee prolly is the guy who could honestly benefit from some rest. And Witten. Even though I think resting players is a worse plan of attack than prevent defense.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have mixed feelings about it. Abandoning it will cause teams to tee off on Staff. The offensive line can't improve their run blocking without running the ball.

But yeah, it's painful to watch. Riddick does what he can, but he's a change of pace back. Then we have Zenner and a rookie. AA might be different, but with his injury, Detroit needs to find another option for next year in case they can't depend on him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mixed feelings about it. Abandoning it will cause teams to tee off on Staff. The offensive line can't improve their run blocking without running the ball.

But yeah, it's painful to watch. Riddick does what he can, but he's a change of pace back. Then we have Zenner and a rookie. AA might be different, but with his injury, Detroit needs to find another option for next year in case they can't depend on him.
Long term it most definitely must be addressed.

Imo there isn't a true NFL tailback on the roster. (Washington to me is not worth bringin back. Riddick is a slot receiver and I don't like Abdullah unless it's limited carries and a similar role to Riddick, which is redundant. You don't need two receiving backs on a team with two tiny receivers and a TE that doesn't block. Zenner is a depth guy. Like most every UDFA ever).

I just don't see a gameplan that involves establishing a run game being capable of winning, tomorrow. I hear you on pinning their ears back and going after Staff. I'm not against a draw here and there. Or a hand off every third or fourth first/second down to keep Big D honest. But Id rather see JimBob go all Linehan with slants instead of seeing 25 carries that don't go anywhere.

Are the Lions just not going to bother adding a man from IR this year?

Not sure why they let BP practice, then cut him. Then don't add one of the others. BP would have changed my opinion of a running game. Slightly, but he woulda changed it.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long term it most definitely must be addressed.

Imo there isn't a true NFL tailback on the roster. (Washington to me is not worth bringin back. Riddick is a slot receiver and I don't like Abdullah unless it's limited carries and a similar role to Riddick, which is redundant. You don't need two receiving backs on a team with two tiny receivers and a TE that doesn't block. Zenner is a depth guy. Like most every UDFA ever).

I just don't see a gameplan that involves establishing a run game being capable of winning, tomorrow. I hear you on pinning their ears back and going after Staff. I'm not against a draw here and there. Or a hand off every third or fourth first/second down to keep Big D honest. But Id rather see JimBob go all Linehan with slants instead of seeing 25 carries that don't go anywhere.

Are the Lions just not going to bother adding a man from IR this year?

Not sure why they let BP practice, then cut him. Then don't add one of the others. BP would have changed my opinion of a running game. Slightly, but he woulda changed it.

That whole BP thing has me scratching my head. I hate to say it, but I'm afraid Cooter has some holes in his game.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole BP thing has me scratching my head. I hate to say it, but I'm afraid Cooter has some holes in his game.
I'm sure he's incapable of being the player he was. Too many injuries have piled up for that.

But I don't get letting him linger all year. Then letting him practice for weeks before cutting him loose.

Even if they hadn't thrown a single pass his way, hard to think he couldn't have improved the run game.

Cooter has done such a nice job of limiting Staff from old habits, that I never even look for reasons to knock him. Which is weird for me as a Lions fan. Or just weird for me in general.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's incapable of being the player he was. Too many injuries have piled up for that.

But I don't get letting him linger all year. Then letting him practice for weeks before cutting him loose.

Even if they hadn't thrown a single pass his way, hard to think he couldn't have improved the run game.

Cooter has done such a nice job of limiting Staff from old habits, that I never even look for reasons to knock him. Which is weird for me as a Lions fan. Or just weird for me in general.

The only thing I can figure is that they decided he was an injury waiting to happen. Cut him while he's healthy. The hardest thing for a fan, is when you're trying to build a consistent contender, every move won't be about the present.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I can figure is that they decided he was an injury waiting to happen. Cut him while he's healthy. The hardest thing for a fan, is when you're trying to build a consistent contender, every move won't be about the present.
That could be it.

But this Is like Caldwell saving TOs, to me.

"What's he waiting for?"

You can bring back one guy from IR. And we're down to 7 days to do it. And they've cut the only one who has practiced in months.

Maybe they think Abdullah can help beat GB? Or Bostic?

I think BP could've helped to beat the Giants. But maybe I'm just being a BP fan, idk.