• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Nascar 2016

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Pitman. JJ winning his 7th almost seems contrived and assisted by NASCAR's need for another 7-time champion that is era-specific.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wreck that got Carl Edwards killed me this week since it took out my other B driver as well, Truex.

Congrats to @molsaniceman for winning outright!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Pitman. JJ winning his 7th almost seems contrived and assisted by NASCAR's need for another 7-time champion that is era-specific.

Yep. I think most of us ol' timers will look at most of his Championships, if not all, and see an asterisk by them. Did he win any of them under the old points system or have all of them been under the chase and playoff format? I'm not going to knock the guy too hard, because he can wheel a race car, but he's not even close to being the drivers that Big E and Richard were. I have a hard time putting him on the same level with Cale Yarborough or David Pearson or DW etc. Maybe it's just that those guys from the past had big personalities and JJ is more plain than fucking vanilla, I don't know. I'm just not overly impressed with the guy and will never consider him to be on the same level as Dale and Richard.

:2cents: :suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the spring segment I was 10th finished the season 3rd.. but man I'm sick of NASCAR and there BS calls. Should not have been a caution with 15 to go

BK was pretty upset about it.

This format sucks if you want to truly find the best driver over the course of the season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I think most of us ol' timers will look at most of his Championships, if not all, and see an asterisk by them. Did he win any of them under the old points system or have all of them been under the chase and playoff format? I'm not going to knock the guy too hard, because he can wheel a race car, but he's not even close to being the drivers that Big E and Richard were. I have a hard time putting him on the same level with Cale Yarborough or David Pearson or DW etc. Maybe it's just that those guys from the past had big personalities and JJ is more plain than fucking vanilla, I don't know. I'm just not overly impressed with the guy and will never consider him to be on the same level as Dale and Richard.

:2cents: :suds:

This last one is definitely an asterisk. I don't respect any championship format where the winner can be a guy that misses 1/3rd of the season (aka Kyle Busch) or a guy that runs meh all the time with no wins has a legit shot at being champ (Ryan Newman). This is NASCAR's fault. They made something different. You can't compare the two "eras" any more (three if you count this knockout bullshit we have now).

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have got to the point I just don't watch it anymore, I might watch 3-4 races a year. Next year maybe 0 just tired of the BS.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This last one is definitely an asterisk. I don't respect any championship format where the winner can be a guy that misses 1/3rd of the season (aka Kyle Busch) or a guy that runs meh all the time with no wins has a legit shot at being champ (Ryan Newman). This is NASCAR's fault. They made something different. You can't compare the two "eras" any more (three if you count this knockout bullshit we have now).
Petty, Earnhardt and Johnson are all products of different generations. Petty won most of his championships when they raced 3 times a week, and he was the only one that had factory support.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petty, Earnhardt and Johnson are all products of different generations. Petty won most of his championships when they raced 3 times a week, and he was the only one that had factory support.

Still the best guy over a full season though.